◄ Honest Questions About PureSmokers Future ►

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
I guess we're just not seeing the same thing. Your right, an honest opinion was asked for and he gave what his honest opinion was, that the product line was already overpriced. I don't see that as snide, but as being honest. Just because it wasn't the opinion that everyone else appears to be expressing doesn't make it snide or spiteful. Is there some history between emberl and PS that would lead one to believe there is a spiteful intent?

Limoncello

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
oHIo
Steve, You built it and we came.........and bought it! I am certain most will continue to be there no matter the price. You and Casey give exceptional service by standing by your products. For that, I am willing to pay as long as I can afford it. Love my PT and Prodigy and am looking forward to my Protege.
Thanks and don't worry. Just continue on as you are.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Here is my opinion.

the Chinese (or someone else will copy your Pv's regardless of whether you go offshore.

I think that now, that we are still unsure if there are to be FDA bans, it would be a bad idea to move offshore.
Going offshore is not as easy as you may think. There are other problems that you will encounter during manufacture, quality control, and most importantly, importing goods.

However, there's a ton of manufacturers here that would do your pv's for less. Maybe not in TN, but i'm sure there are.

To be brutally honest, as for the Chinese quality of steel and milling, it is top notch.
I have seen factories, and know one very specifically, that boasts the best German and USA machinery I have ever seen.
I have also seen some millled Stainless Steel 304, and marine grade aluminum parts they produce for the medical industry, and the quality is irreproachable.
Indeed, your PV'S would cost a third of what they cost now.

My 2 cents...

crand

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Scottsdale, AZ
Interesting discussion and one that is at the heart of many of the economic woes that we're experiencing. What a shame that a business owner feels that he has little choice but to go to a foreign country to produce his merchandise.
I'm not yet a PS Customer, my Protege should be in the next batch being shipped. I bought it because the members on this forum recommended it and those recommendations seemed genuine.
I've spent a bunch on a variety of different hardware over the last several months and I've easily wasted at least 40 cents on every dollar. Atty's, PT's, batteries, I could fill a coffee can with components that were DOA or didn't last more than a few hours or days.
As long as the premium price is backed up with premium quality I know that I would gladly give that company my business.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I for one believe for a quality product comes cost.... especially these days where quality is far and few..... I would have to say that for a business and especially a small business to put the behind the scenes events out on the table like that is AMAZING... you rarely get that if at alll... no clouds of smoke up the buttocks ....

It is ashame that cost has to go up,,, but it is going up on both ends not just the consumer....

my 2cents I will give 5cents if neede :D

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I appreciate all your comments guys ... both good and bad ... I feel like this :( today ... Its just one of those days I guess ...

Some may very well think its an overpriced PV ... And that is completely understood, especially when Chinese PV's can be bought for less than $15 in China ... The nature of the beast really.... I likely *could* by batteries and chargers from China, but I have decided to stick with purchasing from a USA Based Company (tenergy) Although they infact do get their product from China, I am still supporting and keeping another USA Company alive in the meantime.

I will never be able to compete with China, although I'd like to ... I went ahead and *OKed* the start on the next production run of Protege's and PT's .... Next run will be 1,000 of each .... The prodigy is almost complete, and will likely put that up next. In the meantime, I will take some of your suggestions, and really see how we might be able to source materials and parts elsewhere within the USA cheaper, thus resulting in better pricing.

Keep the comments and your own personal thoughts coming guys ....

Thanks

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
I just ordered the full Protoge Kit and then came here to ECF where I saw this thread. I honestly could not tell you one way or the other if I would have ordered the Protoge if it was priced any higher. As it was, my order came to $100.94 already due to the Shipping cost of $10.95.

But if on wants to be truly flexible, and to be better prepared for an uncertain vaping future, with the Protoge, you would have to buy 2 more adapters at $16.99 each besides the adapter that is included with the Full Kit.

I do already have the USB P/T and 801,901 & 510 (I did not realize at the time that it vapes at 5V which I find way too harsh and I never use it for that reason) so I really did not need the adapter that comes with the full kit. But by the time I added a charger and batteries to the Base Kit, it came to almost the same amount as just buying the full kit where you also get an atomizer and an adapter of your choice with for $89.99. So the Full Kit is a better value for me. I just wished there was an option for the Housing, Batteries and charger without an adapter.

I am totally exited to get the Protoge due to it being 3.7V, which is plenty enough for me. Puresmokers merchandise is really, really well build, is American Made and I know it will last, so I felt ok spending over $100 (though I shoulnd't have, LOL) for it with shipping, but if it was more expensive, I just don't know if I would have still purchased it since one has to spend it all at once where as ordering the other (granted inferior) parts can be ordered for less at any one time as the need arises. Not everyone can spend a big sum all at once but can handle smaller amounts more often. Something else for poor Cashmere to consider.

Last edited:

Think Tink

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
I want a protege, I've only been vaping for just under 2 months but I'm now completely off analogs. It looks like the perfect power source for a PV, it's small, the batteries are replaceable outside of the e-cig community and the reviews have totally sold me. I would be sad to see the price go up, but that's the way the world works and I will eventually buy it. Just the fact that I won't have to change my battery every time I go out for a vape break would make it worth it.

Thank you for being so open with the community, it shows that you are people I would want to deal with in the future and I look forward to doing so.

Misty

HolyMustard

Sep 9, 2009
I received my very first ecig a week ago. At first it was everything I hoped for and more, and within two days I hadn't had a single analogue. But now, a week later, both batteries that my DSE901 came with will barely hold a charge for more than 15 minutes. So, I went looking for quality and a company that I could talk to. Both of my questions were answered promptly and everyone here attests to your products being the best. I bought Chinese POS parts and I got screwed because of it. So when I order a Protege in two days, whether it costs $90 or $115, it seems like a worthwhile purchase to me to buy an American product with a maker that is willing to talk to me straight.

I'm on analogues now cause of my problems with my first purchase, I'm hoping that PS will keep my in sweet vapor for a good long time to come.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Well...actually, with the Protege at $110 that will save the cost of shipping! I got my 510 Protege last week and absolutely love it. I didn't get a Prodigy because I felt it would be too big. I'm glad I waited because the Protege is just perfect. I have 4 big battery "mods" and the Protege beats them all hands down! I absolutely would spend more for it...based on quality it would be worth it.

mpetva

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Virginia
Well...actually, with the Protege at $110 that will save the cost of shipping! I got my 510 Protege last week and absolutely love it. I didn't get a Prodigy because I felt it would be too big. I'm glad I waited because the Protege is just perfect. I have 4 big battery "mods" and the Protege beats them all hands down! I absolutely would spend more for it...based on quality it would be worth it.

Oh my Gosh!!!!!!!!!! Now I am getting upset. I just went to look at the shipping page after reading your post and it looks like I could have just ordered another atomizer , gone over $99.00 and I would have gotten FREE SHIPPING.

Instead I ordered the Full Protoge Kit for $89.99 - 1 PENNEY LESS THAN FREE SHIPPING and I ended up paying $100.94 and no extra atomizer because unbeknown to me, I was only 0.01 CENT SHORT from the Free Shipping total. I just never thought to look at the Shipping Page because I was in a hurry to get in line to get my Protoge.

How sad is that, especially so since I just spent $4.95 out of my pocket to ship something back to Puresmoker that they had sent to me by mistake and I am an honest girl. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!
Flat Rate Shipping Fees are as follows:

Shopping Cart Total:
< $44.99
Shipping Fee:
$5.95

Shopping Cart Total:
$45.00 - $98.99
Shipping Fee:
$10.95

Shopping Cart Total:
$99.00 +
Shipping Fee:
FREE SHIPPING

Oh well, I think I will go to bed now and cry myself to sleep! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread