◄ Honest Questions About PureSmokers Future ►

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
I don't know how big a market there is for e-cigs but With so many people jumping on the bandwagon of making and selling e-cigs mods I can't help thinking the safest thing would probably be to specialize in selling just the Atomizers and juice. It certainly seems risky investing a lot of money into a mod.

Understood Pete, and I appreciate the post ...

But in other words ... the only 2 things I import, you are saying I should specialize in .... That just kind of defeats the purpose of anything then really ... I might as well just import everything. :confused:

You have to remember, I'm the supplier that has already lost roughly $70K USD at the border to customs .... Not to mention, the $65 dollar bill I got to destroy said shipments :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I don't know how big a market there is for e-cigs but With so many people jumping on the bandwagon of making and selling e-cigs mods I can't help thinking the safest thing would probably be to specialize in selling just the Atomizers and juice. It certainly seems risky investing a lot of money into a mod.

That may be true... but I would think Cash is not one of the bandwagoneers (coinded) Cash and a few others here are part of the solid ground businesses..... but yeah every Tom, Richard, and Jane want to jump on businesses like Cash's wagon...... but can't compare to the name that they worked so hard in earning...

Johnny 5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Oakville, WA
You have to remember, I'm the supplier that has already lost roughly $70K USD at the border to customs .... Not to mention, the $65 dollar bill I got to destroy said shipments :)

Are you kidding me?!!! They snatch up $70k worth of ...., and then send you a bill for destruction fees?!!! I would have wiped my ... with that check before mailing.

Sorry, back on topic. I obviously thought the Prodigy was priced fine, because I bought one and that price is going down. Sounds good to me. I thought the Protege was under priced, so I ordered that and now that I've had a couple days with it, would still recommend it to anyone and plan on buy a spare @ the new price point. I have never had an interest in the PT, so I wouldn't get the old priced version, but knowing the quality of all the other purchases from you, I wouldn't hesitate to pay $70 if I really wanted one, because you get what you pay for and I know if I buy a $70 pt from you, I'm going to get a pt I would happily pay $100 for.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
That may be true... but I would think Cash is not one of the bandwagoneers (coinded) Cash and a few others here are part of the solid ground businesses..... but yeah every Tom, Richard, and Jane want to jump on businesses like Cash's wagon...... but can't compare to the name that they worked so hard in earning...

Oh I wasn't suggesting that Cash was a bandwagoner..I was only thinking of how risky it is to be investing loads of money into these things. It's pretty much guaranteed that you could always clear and sell stocks of atties or juice but not so guaranteed about stocks of an e-cig mod.

Last edited:

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida

But in other words ... the only 2 things I import, you are saying I should specialize in .... That just kind of defeats the purpose of anything then really ... I might as well just import everything. :confused:

wow. there's a "we just threw away your stuff" fee?????

gunz4hire

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2009
Wakefield, NH
Steve I'm always on board with whatever your selling. I always know when I make a purchase it's going to be well worth the money whether it be attys, juice, my pt, or prodigy. I have got nothing but amazing service from you and Casey. Your products and service are amazing and that's worth it's weight in gold to me. Keep up the good work man!

Gunz

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK

Hey sorry Cash, I didn't mean to be so negative, I have to admit with the customs problems you have, my idea is useless anyway.

rinkusu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2009
Seattle, Washington
Steve, your pricing is still reasonable, considering you provide an excellent product and the customer service to back it up- I really dig the help you provided me in troubleshooting with a multimeter! That level of care is very rare to see when making purchases over the interwebs.

Please stay in business!

yardlizard

Jan 9, 2009
If the prices stated allow me to purchase a usable product FROM A LOCAL source, that builds in a living wage for everyone involved in it's production, development and distribution, then it is an absolute BARGAIN. For too long have we been willing to accept products and services at bargain basement prices which do not provide anything like a decent standard of living to those who produce them. It is what has turned us from a nation of producers to a nation of consumers. Please continue to offer products from Pure Smoker that I am PROUD to own.....

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Are you kidding me?!!! They snatch up $70k worth of ...., and then send you a bill for destruction fees?!!! I would have wiped my ... with that check before mailing.

wow. there's a "we just threw away your stuff" fee?????

Yup ... I got a bill for the destruction of my good ... It was $65.12. Been sitting on my desk now for a month ... I figure, I'll pay them next year ;)

Hey sorry Cash, I didn't mean to be so negative, I have to admit with the customs problems you have, my idea is useless anyway.

No ... No worries Pete ... I didn't take your Post as negative :) I definitely understand what you are saying...i'm just trying to stay as far away from Chinese Importing as I can at this point :)

I am not sure if he has any of the old/cheaper model left.

Steve?

Gibby

Hey Gibby ... We *may* have a few old version left ... If we do, then I will end up liquidating them at a later date.

If the prices stated allow me to purchase a usable product FROM A LOCAL source, that builds in a living wage for everyone involved in it's production, development and distribution, then it is an absolute BARGAIN. For too long have we been willing to accept products and services at bargain basement prices which do not provide anything like a decent standard of living to those who produce them. It is what has turned us from a nation of producers to a nation of consumers. Please continue to offer products from Pure Smoker that I am PROUD to own.....

Really appreciate that yard ... yes, the products made are supporting quite a few people ... not just Casey and Myself ... We have 2 assemblers that pretty much just assemble and machine our stuff as well, not to mention the other machinists themselves :)

starbkjrus

Jun 19, 2009
Reston, Virginia, USA

+1 Yup!

My birthday is next week and I guess I'm going to have to add a protege to keep my prodigy company. Oooooo, and some juice too.

Do I like prices going up? No. Am I willing to pay for a quality product who's manufacture pays a living wage? YES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread