Clouds of Vapor Edition 2 Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No fluff, right to it. First time so be easy.

Got mine from Clouds of Vapor and I will be buying more.

510 style used on an eGo at 3.35v (tested via fluke)

Flavor used for testing: TV Atomic Cinnacide

Initial Rating (my personal opinion) Scale 1-5 where 1 sucks and 5 is "buy"
I don't rate anything a 5, everything can be improved.

Material Quality: 4
Performance: 4
Value: 4
Shipping: 4 (note that the crap USPS crushed the package as usual)
Ease of use: 4 (filling and using)

Placed order 7 August after 11pm- Received 11 August

Packaging:
As the photo suggests, the box looks better than most. Nice feel, quality feel and look to it. Labels include expiration date, strength options (if pre-filled) and brand name. Photo shows front and back of package.

Carto pack:
Comes 5 to a blister pack. Nice. Better than a baggy full of loose carts that look like they came from the back of a truck. They have the standard top and bottom condoms. The cartos look just like any other, black vinyl covering, standard fare here.

Instruction card:

Good quality instruction card, simple instsructions even though they're written in the standard broken English we've come to expect. I wish somebody would take a job as an editor/translator for those folks. Good products, but just damn with the bad literal translations. NOTE: When it says "Inject max 1ml" IT IS NOT JOKING. That's not a suggestion folks, that's a real warning. It took just less than 1ml for me. Fill easy and take it slow.

Included:
You get one filler adapter. It is a tiny flexible nylon hose on the end of a syringe tip. No needles necessary or recommended. This hose fits Perfectly into the carto holes and does the job. Use it.

Basic directions:
Follow the card. Photo shows top of carto looking in with the white plug removed. Two holes on either side of the interior are used for filling. Then you plug it back up, and go right to vaping.

Initial feeling:
JUST DAMN. These do draw a little lighter than some. I know there's difference in what people want there so you may have to plug the air holes or do whatever you do to change that. I don't mind it because it goes away with the eGo cone and it makes it a nice smooth draw. These work they way I expected them to.

Number of refills:
They suggest no more than 4. I have not refilled at this time so I will reserved judgement.

Final thought:
Glad I bought them. Will buy more when the stock is replenished. Hope they don't screw with this design.

*sorry for the pic sizes, forum rules. they were huge and sharpened till i had to resize for this.
**Yes, these are MY pics. Someone actually PM'd me to ask if I took those photos off the net. No. I did not. They are mine mine mine mine mine. Oh sorry, that's what I was telling my GF when she asked to use one of the new cartos.

***Note: lmrasch (and others) have mentioned that these cartos don't work on all mods. Please make sure to contact your seller and ask!!! Your responsibility to buy the right stuff kids. Manufacturers...friendly advice from your patrons, notate on your site what fits what!

Attachments

• COV-Ed2Cartos002 [800x600].jpg
    COV-Ed2Cartos002 [800x600].jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 537
  • COV-Ed2Cartos003.jpg
    COV-Ed2Cartos003.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That would make them about .21 cents each. I think I found my huckleberry.

Thanks for the nice comment too, I was trying to make sure I didn't goof up the first review and stayed objective.

Thanks Sar, You did a great job with your review, pic's look good too.

BTW I filled mine over 10 times and just removed the black tape and added a drip tip, looks a lot better IMO.

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
Good Review!

Post back after you have had a chance to refill one a few times. Curious what the life span is of these cartos.
I have some of these and counted 16 fills before I finally burned it out. The one I'm using now is at 14 fills, hopefully it will pass 16. I haven't had any lost of vapor or taste. I'm using these at 6 volts on my GGTS. I think they are awesome.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I have some of these and counted 16 fills before I finally burned it out. The one I'm using now is at 14 fills, hopefully it will pass 16. I haven't had any lost of vapor or taste. I'm using these at 6 volts on my GGTS. I think they are awesome.

Fantastic... 16 is a great number of refills.

Without mentioning who makes your e-Juice. What is the base?

What mg is the Nicotine?
Pure PG?
Pure VG?
Some percentage of both?
What color is the juice? Light Yellow, Yellow, Light Brown, etc

Sorry for all the questions but I doing a little informal research on the type of juice people use who have good luck with these new cartos.

Thanks.

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
Fantastic... 16 is a great number of refills.

Without mentioning who makes your e-Juice. What is the base?

What mg is the Nicotine?
Pure PG?
Pure VG?
Some percentage of both?
What color is the juice? Light Yellow, Yellow, Light Brown, etc

Sorry for all the questions but I doing a little informal research on the type of juice people use who have good luck with these new cartos.

Thanks.
I use, 80%PG and 20%VG, 24mg. It is light yellow. I thought that cart was going to last forever.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I use, 80%PG and 20%VG, 24mg. It is light yellow. I thought that cart was going to last forever.

Thanks muddstar...

Light yellow in color is probably not Artificial colored juice.

Glad to hear that the Cartos are working well with your juice. I tried the eGo Cartomizers (similar design) and when they work, they worked great.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
These don't work on some mods...buyer beware! They do work GREAT on the Joye 510, but not on my ProVape-1 vs 2.....I have read elsewhere that they don't work on other mods as well. Just make sure you make an informed decision, I had 3 packs I had to give to my daughter for her 510, but I find them well worth the investment....it's her 2nd day analog free, and these have really helped her cut down on the frustration of having to constantly mess with other stuff. :)

tardcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
i'm loving mine as well (also from CoV). still on my first one (haven't been keeping track of refills, but i got this package about a week ago) using it with zero problems on my hello 016. i think it's probably close to the end of its useful life, but the flavor/vapor have been much better than a standard 510 carto, and it's much more convenient.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Haha...I'd probably dremel my finger off instead....:facepalm:

lol, probably, but if you used one before its not that hard.

this shouldn't be the case though, they need to make them more universal or petrude the inner post more so it fits most mods.

they work on my hello,v3,sb and a few others but the same carto doesnt work on all of them .lol

I emailed the makers of the e2 with this issue and i hope it gets fixed.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i have been using mine on a ego mostly, today i used it on a wetbox. i have been vaping madvapes fried apples in it the whole time.

i'm loving mine as well (also from CoV). still on my first one (haven't been keeping track of refills, but i got this package about a week ago) using it with zero problems on my hello 016. i think it's probably close to the end of its useful life, but the flavor/vapor have been much better than a standard 510 carto, and it's much more convenient.

Just curious what type of Juice you are using?

PG? VG? PG and VG ?
Colored or Colorless?
mg?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread