Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I tried Tasty vapor waffle in them 35 percent vg, 12mg nicotine, vaped it like a champ then started getting the awful taste tried it for a full day without inhaling gave up when bad taste wouldn't go away.

That waffle juice in dark in color isn't it? About the same color as Tastyfinger?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
no nowhere near as dark as rath's it's a clear orange pinkish color mind you my waffle from tv had vanilla and strawberry mixed in it

Thanks…

I’m trying to see if there is a discernable pattern of the people who experience bad tastes to the juice they use in these E2 Cartos.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thanks…

I’m trying to see if there is a discernable pattern of the people who experience bad tastes to the juice they use in these E2 Cartos.

zoiDman if you're keeping score I've been using TV Tobacco/Menthol 75/25 in the 510's, 808's and 401's with no taste problems. Also using TV Geoff's Blend 80/20 in the 510's with no problems, either. Repeated refills and dry burns on all.

The more I read about this the more I'm convinced some unlucky folks just got bad cartos with excessive amounts of glue (some of my inner caps were glued in but only with a few small dabs). I've read of some people salvaging theirs by boiling them, but YMMV.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

The more I read about this the more I'm convinced some unlucky folks just got bad cartos with excessive amounts of glue (some of my inner caps were glued in but only with a few small dabs). I've read of some people salvaging theirs by boiling them, but YMMV.

That could be...

There seems to be 3 basic scenarios.

1) People smell “nail polish” when they take off the condoms: This sounds like glue or residual manufacturing fluids.

2) People get a bad taste after 6 or 7 hits: This sounds like a wicking problem. Or possible glue.

3) Bad taste develops after 3 or 4 refills. This sounds like “Gunk” build up.

It is difficult to tell what is going on because it is Very difficult to know when or at what revision level the carto was made. Also, Mit may use multiple sub-contractors to make these cartos. So the problem could come from one, but not all sub-contractors.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There may not be enough of these out in the wild to get a good cross section review from. I've had two that gave me a lousy taste, I vaped it out with 4 good puffs on one and the other one took about 10 puffs (not inhaling obviously) and then no more issue. I did fill one and got a fast atty burn taste today and realized it wasn't wicked. I drip on it just a bit and it's been fine through 2 fills since then.

Too many variables in these unregulated (assumption) supplies to pinpoint it be I would guess there would be no need for further revision this soon if they were perfect. Good thing is that someone IS revising them.

Again, personally, I love them, but objectively, there's obviously batches out there with issues. Hopefully their in perspective and don't pose a significant danger. (did that just sound like politician?) OH JUST DAMN

That could be...

There seems to be 3 basic scenarios.

1) People smell “nail polish” when they take off the condoms: This sounds like glue or residual manufacturing fluids.

2) People get a bad taste after 6 or 7 hits: This sounds like a wicking problem. Or possible glue.

3) Bad taste develops after 3 or 4 refills. This sounds like “Gunk” build up.

It is difficult to tell what is going on because it is Very difficult to know when or at what revision level the carto was made. Also, Mit may use multiple sub-contractors to make these cartos. So the problem could come from one, but not all sub-contractors.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
hey if dk2 got a bad e2 then he got a bad one, nothing wrong with him being upset his where crappy, i have some that i cant use as well becuase of the glue but as many of us know not all are like this and some are great to perfect.

Dk2 since you had a bad experience then id like to send you a good one this week so you can see what its like when it works perfectly, having a bad experience isnt pleasent but with these things and the fiasco that came along with them selling some bad ones, if they didnt work at all trust me we would all know but they do and some are bad.

that is being fixed and the plastic cup has been removed from the process as well. there is no more glue being used and so on.

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Bet you'd give em for $100 a piece. Oh, don't laugh, there's SOMEBODY out there that'll Ebay this stuff, and somebody else that'll pay for it! :D

I just realized that if we had a hurricane down here in freakville (which never happens so get off me about this being mean) that I could take my vaping stash to the shelters and make a mint selling vapes to people who can't smoke. I'm retiring next season.

Sorry I only have a few and I am not giving them up. They are mine mine mine

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I'd be majorly tickled if someone would send me one to try. I can't find any anywhere and Bruce is saying Monday the 30th he might get some.

I was thinking he said he might get some LAST Monday so I waited the weekend - during the St. Louis Vapefest..........Sheez!

I dunno know bout paying a hundred bucks though........uh, maybe if you drove it up to NC :)

You guys sure made this thread infomative and I thank you for your candor

:)

Last edited:

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
if any of you have a dremil and would like to try to fix the ones that dont work on certain mods.

you can shave the outer ring a TAD on the bottom of the connector to expose the inner ring a little.

You can also take the top part of a cart and push down slightly on the cup and it will push the connector down enough to make contact. :)

Edit: Oh, and for me, they really, really are working fantastic so far. I did flush the primer out with a syringe & vodka. Did not use the needle to fill, just removed the plugs and dripped the juice down the sides until full and am vaping away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread