Current Bottom Feed Juice Box Mods Available...with Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Does anybody know anything about these folks? Anybody got any history dealing with them?

I'd like to sign up for the pre-order - but - I'm a little leery of sending money off into the blue like that!

Actually emailed them a few weeks ago with some questions. They never returned my email and that's as much experience I have with them.

vanZilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Actually emailed them a few weeks ago with some questions. They never returned my email and that's as much experience I have with them.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing that worries me ... it looks really slick - but - that doesn't necessarily mean squat.

Thanks for the feedback!

vanZilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
So - About a week ago I signed up for their mailing list - and then 3 days ago I sent an email to them saying:
"... thinking about getting in on the GVM Groove Pre-Order. When is the expected release date?"

I got a very quick response:

"Thank you for your interest in our device. Our machinist promised delivery this week. Currently there is around 25 orders on hand so it'd be a week or two before any new orders get shipped out.

All who purchase pre-orders will be on our short list of beta testers for future mods. After our last pre-order is shipped the beta tester list will be closed, however the devices will be in stock at that time and shipped promptly.

Again, thank you. Steve."

So - I then went back and listened to the podcast again (it starts at around the 61 min mark of the episode "Vapeteam Episode #2: New Mods and a Great Giveaway")
VapersPlace | VP Live

.. and ... well, I'm kinda on the fence with this one.

Steve seems like a stand up guy and all - seems honest - they asked him (paraphrasing here) "other than looks, what sets your mod apart?" and he basically answered "not much really, it's a 3.7 mod". Which I actually found more reassuring than if he'd gone off on some big long-winded sales spiel.

I think the part that's giving me pause is ... the guys who had seen it, held it & vaped it (who all seemed to like it! One of them said he had his pre-order in) all talked about how it looked so cool and that the bottom hinge door made a nice 'snap' sound when you closed it and so forth ... all 'form' stuff - and form is good, me likey form - but no one really talked about 'function' other than that it works fine and they plan to do this and that ... in the future.

What I was waiting to hear were words like "hits like a champ" or "it's a great vape" or "I love this mod!". I didn't hear any of that - but again, one guy did say he had placed a pre-order.

So - I'm kinda torn ... I now feel pretty comfy that if I place a pre-order I won't get ripped off. The guy really does seem legit. It's a real product and it really will be shipped - as far as I can tell. And it would be cool to have one of the early runs of 'the next great thing' if that's what this turns out to be.

On the other hand, part of me is thinking maybe better to hang back until some reviews come out and then decide if this really cool looking device is something I want to spend $140 (+) on.

:unsure:

Undecided in Los Angeles

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
The Vmod XL is a new favorite.

Review thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4820732

a6cd0d36-63c0-6f8d.jpg

vanZilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Hmmm... You know, I've never tried a V mod - I was always turned off by the proprietary atty crap, that's where they lost me. But I just read your post and went to the site. Wow.

Any 510 atty/carto & an 18650 ... Vapage has seen the light!

So .. getting interested here - how does it hit? And why is it a favorite? (I'm guessing the price for one)

Enquiring Lizards want to know!

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
It costs half as much.
Weighs half as much.
More comfortable to hold.
More comfortable switch.
No need for a catch cup, because of the liquid chamber.
All mechanical mod, but doesn't use the body as the negative connection.
Resulting in a lower internal resistance, so voltage transfer is better and batts last longer.
Reasonably priced colored shells should be available for it like the 14500 model.
Vapage stands behinds it's products.

And Yes...hits great!

You can run it at 3.7, 4.8, 6.4, & 7.4v...depending on the batts. :)

vanZilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2011
Los Angeles
Might be a good work mod for me ... an 18650 that I could slip into the back pocket of dress slacks (hard to get the wood mods out of the house - they're funny that way, real homebody's). And tube mods in dress slacks, well .. let's not go there.

:closedeyes:

Yeah, that's a good one .. I like that excuse. It's even plausible - I really do need a good work mod. I do, no really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread