Do you expose yours in public? I feel shy

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy0321

Dec 5, 2012
AZ
I vape anywhere and everywhere but I'm respectful of others when I do and depending on the setting I may ghost it (ie planes). Only time I ever had a problem was when I was at a restaurant at an airport and unintentionally blew smoke everywhere and one guy sitting at a table nearby made one of those throat clearing sounds looking right at me so I was a little more courteous about it.

BkoJoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Lost Wages Neblahblah
i vape constantly! i work in a mall and i vape all day at work, im not shy about it at all, i figure its vapor, if someone showed disgust in the fact i was vaping and i was receptive to it i would vape elsewhere also if i do feel the slightest inclination that i shouldn't vape here i hold it in until the vapor is gone... (only usually in restaurants)

Been vaping for 3 days now, proud of it. I have been vaping in public a little, I get the occasional okward look from some people but don't really care. It was funny I was outside a gas station vaping and this woman pulled up and did a double take like 4 times. I am just wondering how far I can go with vaping and where its welcome.

betterBquietnow

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Massachusets
I used to feel weird about it, but lately i dont care as much...people rarely say anything and the ones that do are genuinely interested and are usually smokers who have heard about it and are curious, so im more than happy to sing the praises of the ecig...i also try not to vape anywhere where i wouldnt smoke, with the excpetion being a few stealth vapes at the movies (such a joy not having to be nic fitting in the middle of a good flick)...all my non-smoker non-vaper friends love the smell of my all day vape (J55 from rawr, which is like a nutty/chocolately/tobacco) and are always encouraging me to vape around them just so they can smell it!

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Some people get really freaked out about people smoking near them. Sure, we're not smoking, but if I just whip mine out any old place I feel like it, some people will think I am and get stressed out about it.

Yeah, they have no reason to freak out, but while I know that, for the most part, they won't. And that's not really their fault, either -- most people don't really know we exist. That's why I've really only been vaping in places where people are allowed to smoke. It just seems like common courtesy to me not to do something that's going to make other people uncomfortable, even when they don't realize there's no reason to be.

Kytrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Though I'm very new to it, I go out a lot, and have done a good deal of research on the subject (not the technical aspects of the actual consumption, but the subject in general). I vape outdoors, in my car, and anywhere where people aren't forced to smell it. I like to be public about it, but like anything, it's not nice to force it upon people who don't like it.

Be available, be public, answer questions, but don't be "that guy". In a restaraunt where you're not within 5 feet of people you don't know, then vape it up unless asked to stop. If someone asks you not to, then stop. Explain what it is, but we should have courtesy for those around us. If you're vaping in church, however, stop it. /opinion

To be quite honest, at first I was really uncomfortable with the idea of sticking out my Provari and start vaping in public, I had the impression that everyone was looking at me...and then, I thought: i'm not doing anything wrong, if pleople are stupid enough to judge me without asking any questions about what it is that I'm "smoking", it's very much their problem", so I slowly starded doing it in public without hiding my PV. The result was quite funny, most people stated asking me what it was, and most of the time they had a smile on teir face. Some even asked me if they could try it (so often that I now carry a spare plastic drip tip just in case someone wants to give it a try! in the end, I'm quite happy for I know that I have converted some smokers to vaping!!

Lscheres

Nov 28, 2012
Spokane wa
I use mine everywere, the car, the store, the bar (my favorite and most frequent public usage of it) Nobody says anything about it really. They are quite popular around my city, we have a rebranded Ego that is HUGE here, called smart smoke. They have been around for quite a few years. When im in a very crowded bar i usually try not to vape to much and if i do i blow it straight up so i don't blow it right in someones face as they walk by or something. There's about 7 vapor's in the bar i frequent (Dart League) couple use dctanks and a couple use clearomizers (Vision or egos) then there's one lady who still uses her tiny little 801 with a small cartomizer, i think she's not into vaping much lol. Most people around here are very use to vaping, i rarley get looks when im grocery shopping and vaping lol

daddytwigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2012
New Hampshire
image.jpg
Did someone say exosé

As someone who is notorious for absent mindedly lighting up cigarettes in places where you can't smoke, like class for instance, I do use mine in public, everywhere, I was a bit shy at first, but now its just habit like the stinkies were, and I secretly take great delight in the dropped jaws, disapproving glares and funny looks :D

Im proud that I vape! Its fairly new where I love but it is growing fast. Some people still get shocked when Im vaping indoors. I actually just went to the LAauto show and a police officer saw me vaping and at first he thought I was smoking inside and then my friend just said it was fake instead of explaining to him that its a vape lol. The cop actually saluted us to be on our way hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread