Limiting vaping time idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018
So,
vaping wasn't an easy transition, for sure, but since my mind was so set in to quitting the analogs, I made myself be very dedicated to it.
Most of my friends, however, try it here and there, want to switch, and I always hear the same FUD arguments, for example, about how there is no "stop" action like in traditional analogs or even an IQOS system, and one can chain vape non stop.

So I have an idea for manufacturers to add a feature into the mods that allow a user adjustable setting to be turned on, for example, when turning on the device they have 20 puffs/15 minute vape time and then it is turned off for another 15 minutes.
I am positive it will help traditional smokers to transition.. It is a more natural experience for them.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Sorry, but that would annoy the crap out of me, lol. :D

The only time I could see a feature like this being useful to somebody is if they had already transitioned to vaping, and were trying to taper off of vaping. I still think it would be annoying. When folks transition from smoking to vaping, they should be encouraged to vape as much as they need in order to satisfy any cravings. This would go against that.

Even with quitting vaping, you can incrementally cut the strength of your juice (unless using a Juul, etc), until you get down to zero mg juice.

This would deter folks trying to switch from smoking to vaping in my opinion. When I want a vape, I'm going to vape, lol.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
While I see what you are saying here, I would have just ended up packing a rotation of such devices when I started vaping. When one locks, I would have just pulled out another. This would have caused me to buy and pack multiple devices which could have easily effected my attempt at quitting smoking.

In all honesty, it sounds to me like your friends are simply making excuses as to why they do not want to quit smoking.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
So,
Vaping wasn't an easy transition, for sure, but since my mind was so set in to quitting the analogs, I made myself be very dedicated to it.
Most of my friends, however, try it here and there, want to switch, and I always hear the same FUD arguments, for example, about how there is no "stop" action like in traditional analogs or even an IQOS system, and one can chain vape non stop.

So I have an idea for manufacturers to add a feature into the mods that allow a user adjustable setting to be turned on, for example, when turning on the device they have 20 puffs/15 minute vape time and then it is turned off for another 15 minutes.
I am positive it will help traditional smokers to transition.. It is a more natural experience for them.

When I smoked, there was no cut off. I'd put out a cigarette if I was satisfied before it was used up. And if one didn't cut it, then I'd light another. A timer or puff limit would just make me want to punch someone in the face. Haha! If you really want, you could use your tank as your daily limit. Fill it for as much (or as little) as you want to vape in a day and then when it's gone, you are done for the day.

I wish companies would stop marketing useless stuff and focus on making products that are high quality and work well.

Last edited:

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
Your friends already have an amazing timer. It comes pre-installed and it's built into their excuse making skulls. It's called their brain.

No matter how far vape tech progresses or what new incredible devices get released in the future, these devices are not going to do the job 100% of making somebody quit.

It'll take a little bit of human effort too on the part of the person who wants to quit. Some people are lazy, and others will look for all sorts of excuses as to why they don't, but at the end of the day, it's the person's own responsibility.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
They needn't be scared. Just get them one of these:

images

FT probably has them.
And if/when they successfully transition, you could take them out for a drink:

happy%2Bhour%2Bplayset.jpeg

...Sorry

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
No gracias,
I was a chain smoker.
I would ignite my next from the previous.
My solution was strong nicotine liquids, 20mg/ml or higher.
When you get too much...you stop or puke.

Cheers
I

I have to agree 1000%
I lit one after another.
I inhaled deep!
3+ packs a day, full flavor, no lights here, no way, no how.
I started at 20+mg/ml.
In a years time I am down to 3.4mg/ml DIY and 3mg pre made juice.
I still inhale vape deep just like analogs.
The fact that I dropped my nicotine so much, so quick surprised me.
I like vaping WAY more than smoking, I think my addiction to actual nicotine is low.
I will be dropping my nicotine by 0.1mg/ml on the DIY every couple of weeks. Really curious if I can get to zero and not really noticing.
I definitely notice negative effects from high nicotine. But it didn't stop me from wanting to chain vape, just made me want to lower the nicotine in my juice.

Vape Magoo

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2017
When I smoked, there was no cut off. I'd put out a cigarette if I was satisfied before it was used up. And if one didn't cut it, then I'd light another. A timer or puff limit would just make me want to punch someone in the face. Haha! If you really want, you could use your tank as your daily limit. Fill it for as much (or as little) as you want to vape in a day and then when it's gone, you are done for the day.

I wish companies would stop marketing useless stuff and focus on making products that are high quality and work well.

I never put one out early. When I got busy on the computer (programmer) or doing research, they just burnt to the filter between my fingers. Ashes everywhere. I had to use a brush on my fingers every day to keep them from turning yellow/brown.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have to agree 1000%
I lit one after another.
I inhaled deep!
3+ packs a day, full flavor, no lights here, no way, no how.
I started at 20+mg/ml.
In a years time I am down to 3.4mg/ml DIY and 3mg pre made juice.
I still inhale vape deep just like analogs.
The fact that I dropped my nicotine so much, so quick surprised me.
I like vaping WAY more than smoking, I think my addiction to actual nicotine is low.
I will be dropping my nicotine by 0.1mg/ml on the DIY every couple of weeks. Really curious if I can get to zero and not really noticing.
I definitely notice negative effects from high nicotine. But it didn't stop me from wanting to chain vape, just made me want to lower the nicotine in my juice.
You dropped that much and still vaping the same quantity of juice? That's awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread