Limiting vaping time idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My parents said that to me one time.

Because I answered, "Oh, no way, there are starving children in India? Don't worry about me or anything, I'll wait."

I have heard from some sources that I was a smart well, too smart for my own good and plenty o slurs like that, but seriously, if there are starving Children in India and I'm not HUNGRY well, I don't quite get the issue.

One of my favorite uncles once came to visit and informed my parents (in full view of all four of their kids) that the appetite centers in the brain for "sweet" and "not sweet" were like, different, and one can definitely be full from dinner, but more than ready for dessert. LOL. You could watch the look of horror spread slowly across their faces, and like, there was nothing they could do though. That ship had SAILED.

It's still legendary in our household. Ironically, the only overweight member of our family was my mom, but she got Crohn's disease in her mid thirties that like ,caused her to have to take steroids for a long time when like, it was kind of a disaster for her age wise, and like, metabolism wise.

She was a bit odd about food, like even when living alone, she would hide her stashes and whatnot. I was always coming across them during times of travel when I had to go and house sit and being like, "Mom, why are you HIDING food for yourself, your kids are grown up AND YOU know where it is." LOL.

The final house sit before she moved to Colorado I was like, "Imma gonna be good , I'm not going to look," only I needed some item of clothing like a headscarf so I entered the closet. I found MANUFACTURERS cartons of my mom's favorite foods and they were all hidden away in the closet. I felt so bad, I mean she wasn't even from the Great Depression or anything, these were all common household items you could purchase from many grocery stores. My husband kept taunting me about searching for it, but I seriously informed him I WASN'T, although I did immediately grab him and say "YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS."

I never did anything about it though because, like, she was my mom, so like, you know I'm sure there's some deep secret there related to the disintegration of her marriage and like, gaining 200 lbs, so I just let it be.
Anna.

yakaki

Apr 8, 2018
If you're inhaling burnt cotton & coil particles you are doing it all wrong.

No one said 'harmless',,, less harmful than inhaling the known toxins & carcinogens in tobacco smoke.
Peer reviewed studies have shown this.

Various studies have shown nicotine can be helpful & may delay dementia/Alzheimer's onset for certain folks.

Really no reason to take stuff out of context unless you're using it as a way to lash out against those that think this idea is completely unnecessary & silly.

All it takes is a little bit of self control...

me loling on you thinking im lashing
just stating the obvious, I would never suggest a non smoker to start vaping because some studies showed nicotine is helping dementia.
studies are made is specific conditions, non of them are made in real life tests and the minority of you who are sitting in this forum and "know all" are just, a minority, most vapers are not aware of the importance in maintaining their equipment and the implications of that on their health. they just read those (not really) precise and accurate finding of the studies made in laboratory conditions.
but its ok, im out of this discussion, sometimes vapers sound like a cult of vegans..
good day everyone :)

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No one said non smokers should start vaping nicotine, you sure like read more into the words on the screen than what is actually there, aka, make stuff up.
Anyone with enough gumption to select a setup & e liquid, charge a battery, fill a tank & press a fire button has enough intelligence to be aware of & perform routine maintenance. Those that chose to remain willfully ignorant about simple things need written directions and safety nets to walk to their mail box unassisted.
I had no idea you knew most vapers, wow, that's a whole bunch people, your Christmas card list must be humongous.

Since you're "out of this discussion" allow me to say;

Well,, bye.
Or,
Bye, Felicia

Whichever you like best.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
If you want the "cigarette timer feel" just get an RDA with a deep juice well, problem solved, no electronics needed.
You'll automatically stop when the wick is dry. I promise.
That's one thing I like about dripping. It is more of a ritual. I go on "smoke"break, juice the wicks and use it till it's gone Kind of like the ritual of opening a pack pulling out a cig and lighting it. May be silly but it worked for me.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
When I smoked, there was no cut off. I'd put out a cigarette if I was satisfied before it was used up. And if one didn't cut it, then I'd light another. A timer or puff limit would just make me want to punch someone in the face. Haha! If you really want, you could use your tank as your daily limit. Fill it for as much (or as little) as you want to vape in a day and then when it's gone, you are done for the day.

I wish companies would stop marketing useless stuff and focus on making products that are high quality and work well.
Your comment made me laugh because I feel the same. If they had cutoffs I'd need a few cheapo mods because when it cut off I'd throw it, stomp on it or smash it!

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
DNA's had this feature since the DNA200s. It is found under the Research tab under EScribe. And when you hit the puff limit, it only errors and says return to researcher.
EIQLJ7Z.gif

Reactions: stols001

Michael_S

Jun 9, 2018
Smok Mods have also a puff limit feature. Apart from that, I want to share something:

A week or two ago at an evening I refilled my tank and vaped. Also the next day I vaped till early afternoon. Then I had to refill my tank again AND I recognized, I vaped liquid without nicotine. I didn't miss anything. I even wasn't aware that there isn't any nicotine in it. I normally vape with 3mg. I do only diy and sometimes I mix juices without any nicotine just to enjoy some good juice.

So, is it only in our head? That was a placebo effect.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Smok Mods have also a puff limit feature. Apart from that, I want to share something:

A week or two ago at an evening I refilled my tank and vaped. Also the next day I vaped till early afternoon. Then I had to refill my tank again AND I recognized, I vaped liquid without nicotine. I didn't miss anything. I even wasn't aware that there isn't any nicotine in it. I normally vape with 3mg. I do only diy and sometimes I mix juices without any nicotine just to enjoy some good juice.

So, is it only in our head? That was a placebo effect.
I regularly vape nic free to reset my tolerances to nic. About 24 hrs resets it okay but 2days makes 6mg seem like 12mg for a day or two.
What continues to shock and amaze me is how easy it is to go nic free for those periods and not feel any urgency or panic, just a bit flat. I do feel a bit "let down" by the lack of nic hit but its completely manageable.
I found going 2hrs without a cigarette to be quite a big deal, thats why I find it so amazing to be able to go 24-48hrs(generally 24) with no real drama.

Greg Cumby

Jul 1, 2018
My first year of vaping I smoked 10 or more cigs. 6 of those were in my first month of transition. I remember my last one at the Montreal airport while waiting to change planes. Girlfriend offered me one and it made me sick to my stomach and I came close to tossing my cookies. I haven't looked back now and it's been a few years. So I say vape and smoke until you're ready to put them down. Try to keep cigs at a bare minimum- only if you feel that it's absolutely necessary. When youre ready to stop for good youll know.

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
So,
Vaping wasn't an easy transition, for sure, but since my mind was so set in to quitting the analogs, I made myself be very dedicated to it.
Most of my friends, however, try it here and there, want to switch, and I always hear the same FUD arguments, for example, about how there is no "stop" action like in traditional analogs or even an IQOS system, and one can chain vape non stop.

So I have an idea for manufacturers to add a feature into the mods that allow a user adjustable setting to be turned on, for example, when turning on the device they have 20 puffs/15 minute vape time and then it is turned off for another 15 minutes.
I am positive it will help traditional smokers to transition.. It is a more natural experience for them.
That is a great idea!!! I'm surprised something like that isn't already out, I just set my best friend up with about 6 different devices with different tanks and her problem is when she chain vapes it gets so hot, so I told her to use all of them then just rotate them lol hey it works thats why I believe in the vaping world or at least veterans we have so many different tanks and mods, I have 89 mods and about 100 tanks but I haven't met a veteran vapor that doesn't have alot.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
That is a great idea!!! I'm surprised something like that isn't already out, I just set my best friend up with about 6 different devices with different tanks and her problem is when she chain vapes it gets so hot,
That's what TC is good at. To keep chain vaping from getting too hot. Although power users just keeps dialing back the watts and that works too.

so I told her to use all of them then just rotate them lol hey it works thats why I believe in the vaping world or at least veterans we have so many different tanks and mods, I have 89 mods and about 100 tanks but I haven't met a veteran vapor that doesn't have alot.
Wow! I don't have an exact count, but I believe you have me beat by double at least. Although I have like six in rotation and the the rest kind of sit there. But I've been only vaping since the late 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread