Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
Im currently on day #41 with the original Beta i06, mine is still running like the day I twisted it on my PV. In my book this says a lot and these Bad Azz Atty's are proven now. They also sure beat ones that are selling for $20ea at another place so not only are you getting a super price on these i06 Attys your getting your moneys worth in time spent vaping with them. Ya any Atty could go in a week but I think 41 days matched with what others have been saying these Iken i06 Attys are now proven winners !!!

I think this new i06 will surely be a staple in the Iken line up now and be staying on the shelf for a long time !

Similar to Matts experiences with these attys here. I'm on day 37 with the same 2 lr's I got from my initial beta test. They work as great now as they did when I screwed them on the reo woodvil, and the reo grand. I have 2 more lr's on 2 other reos that have been in flawless service for about 3 weeks now. Last but certainly not least, I have a io6hv on one of my reo grands at 6v's that is rocking my world. I have NEVER had such a impressive cloud of flavorful vapor than this hv produces with a mere 2-3 second draw. I couldn't be more impressed or pleased with the performance of either model thus far. With little to no cleaning except an occasional "blow out" required. These are truly the energizer bunnys of the atty world imho. :2cool: Oh, and the cost and level of customer service Issac supplies are just sweet icing on the cake!

@Crazy Canuck... I may have had something to do with them being out of stock.:blush:

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The first video depicts the 1st IO6 which metered at 2Ohms originally used on the P18, vaped on the 7mm being fired by an AW 14500 IMR with an unloaded voltage of 4.2V and a loaded voltage of 3.76V

Liquid used is 100% VG (DIY) Banana Cream at 12mg, original liquid was Caramel tobacco with same specs.

... the second video depicts the 2nd IO6 which metered at 1.9Ohms originally ised on the 7mm, vaped on the P18 being fired by an AW 18650 2600 mAh with an unloaded voltage of 4.2V and a loaded voltage of 3.4V

Liquid used is 100% VG (DIY) Caramel Tobacco at 12mg, original liquid was banana Cream with same specs.

The opinions expressed in these videos are my conclusions based on the tests performed and equipment used. YMMV.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I was gifted one of these attys by an excellent human being. :thumb:

I tried it on my Reo and detected that soapy flavor I've read about.

I soaked the i06 and the drip tip overnight in 91% isopropyl alcohol and rinsed it off under the tap and set it out to dry.

Can I expect that funky flavor to be gone when I try it again?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

I soaked the i06 and the drip tip overnight in 91% isopropyl alcohol and rinsed it off under the tap and set it out to dry.

I sure hope so, or else we are back to the drawing board.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama

Tripp, several of us have think we have isolated the taste your reffering to comming from the drip tips themselves. If you cleaned your dt with iso, or pga you should be good to go when your atty and dt are dry. :2cool:

I KNOW Issac and Switcher probably frown on this but I figured out a solution for some of the io6's that have the super tight draw. (Not the normal draw mind you, but the ones that are almost unvapable) I carefully drilled just one of the side air intake holes with a 1/64th drill bit. OH MY! what a perfect draw it has now! IF you do this or attempt to do this do NOT drill any farther than just the outside thin part of the atty case or you will destroy your atty. ALSO make sure you blow the metal shavings out from the top of the atty. Your sure don't want any in your mouth! I normally wouldn't do this to an IKEN atty but with all the other issues Issac is having right now I figured what the hell, it worked on lesser attys that had overly tight draws. It worked wonders on this one, and I didn't have to bug Issac about it. :2cool:

Last edited:

Greeny

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2011
Richmond, VA
Tripp, several of us have think we have isolated the taste your reffering to comming from the drip tips themselves. If you cleaned your dt with iso, or pga you should be good to go when your atty and dt are dry. :2cool:

I KNOW Issac and Switcher probably frown on this but I figured out a solution for some of the io6's that have the super tight draw. (Not the normal draw mind you, but the ones that are almost unvapable) I carefully drilled just one of the side air intake holes with a 1/64th drill bit. OH MY! what a perfect draw it has now! IF you do this or attempt to do this do NOT drill any farther than just the outside thin part of the atty case or you will destroy your atty. ALSO make sure you blow the metal shavings out from the top of the atty. Your sure don't want any in your mouth! I normally wouldn't do this to an IKEN atty but with all the other issues Issac is having right now I figured what the hell, it worked on lesser attys that had overly tight draws. It worked wonders on this one, and I didn't have to bug Issac about it. :2cool:

That's interesting about the soapy taste some have experienced.

I wiped clean my HV i06 before ever using it (before putting on the i06 DTip)...and come to think of it, now I remember scraping off a whitish film from the upper edge of the i06 with my finger-nail as I was wiping it off with some Iso on a napkin before trying it. My 2nd i06 had the same whitish film along the upper edge of the i06 too, which I also wiped off with some Iso on a napkin. I just figured it was some sort of PG/VG primer that had dried a bit like wax...and perhaps (unkowingly) this might be why I averted the soapy taste? I dunno...but wiping things off with some Iso on a napkin soon became a habit after receiving some items (from other vendors) that had some machining residue on them, even metal drip tips, adapters, drip shields, etc. Just part of the manufacturing I guess, so I always wipe anything that is gonna come into contact with my mouth or lungs...just a habit.

I've had no real issues with my i06, it vapes great! However, I found myself going for my IKV 510 HV/3.5ohm more often because the draw is nicer. After a while, I filed out my i06 Dtip a bit (by hand) with a sanding rod. Some days later though, I finally bored out my i06 driptip with my dremel for even better juice flow when dripping. And I too widened the little air-holes a bit to increase airflow just a tad, but by gently working a poker into each hole and gently moving the poker in a circular motion just enough to widen each hole along the outside/thin part of the atty case (like you mentioned). And viola!...I got more airflow, just enough to make it more comfortable. It worked like a charm!

My i06 no longer has a "stiff" draw. It wasn't that stiff to begin with, but Ike's new 510's have been spoiling me rotten! so I just wanted a slightly lighter draw. I still draw on my i06 slow & easy because I realize it's supposed to atomize the liquid that way...however that little adjustment along the airholes has made it even more comfortable to vape (sort of like loosening a cone to get more airflow). And it just keeps vaping great!

I haven't noticed any leaking as a result of widening the airholes a bit, but I must admit I've also been trying some LR atties as well. I really like the "look" of a dripshield over my atties whether they leak or not, and it's just more convenient to be able to vape on an atty all day without ever having to remove it to check or wipe any leaks, even if it's just moisture build-up.

I can't wait for the new DCA for the i06 to come out, that's one awesome dripshield for 306's and soon for the i06 too!

~Greeny

Quoted from GoodSenseVapor.com here --> 306 DCA

"We will be releasing other top pieces for the DCA that are specifically made for various 306 atomizers. Next in line is the i06 atomizer from ikenvape.com. Isaac and crew over there make some amazing atomizers (as most of you already know :)) and we are very excited to be working with the IkenVape team!! More details on that to follow."​

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Just a friendly bump... for all to see...

Attachments

• io6marblefinished__12584_zoom.jpg
    io6marblefinished__12584_zoom.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread