Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
So the higher it got the more I expected to croak right on the spot.

You are doing the same thing to yourself that I used to do to myself.........you are instigating your own panic track. The best thing you can do is stop taking your BP so often. Twice a day is plenty. Once during the afternoon and once when you go to bed. Beside making yourself have a panic attack, when you keep hammering those vessels they get tired and swell a little bit which narrows them which makes the subsequent readings high and inaccurate. Pressures taken that oftem

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Woohoooo, Geordi! GOOD boy! That is awesome! Is there a pic to commemorate the win?

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

There will be! Some friends took pictures and we got a professional photo taken. Of course I was too nervous then excited to video like I wanted to..... plus I had to watch his breeder so I could read her signals on where to stand so he could see me and not worry.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
For a very special couple, Gracie and Peter!

View attachment 701099
Thank you, Janet! Peter & I think you & Mike are pretty special, too!

Mama Gracie and Papa Peter...

317509.gif
Johnny, thank you!!!!!

Peter and Gracie

Thank you, Classy girl!

... and they danced on...

We just discovered each other
Tonight when the lights were low
One dance led up to another
And now I can't let you go

So tell me I may always dance
The 'Anniversary Waltz' with you
Tell me this is real romance
An anniversary dream come true

Let this be the answer
To our future years
Through millions of smiles
And a few little tears
May I always listen to
The Anniversary Waltz
With you...
Brought happy tears, Johnny....Peter & I thank you!!!!

Not totake away from the congratulations and celebrations of long term anniversaries, I have a celebration tonight...

Drum Roll please...

Today, at the Ocala Dog show Belgian Tervuren Regional Specialty, Geordi, Bijou Luisant Kontinuing Mission, CA, TKN, CGC, was handled expertly by his breeder to Winner's Dog and Best of Winner's for a 5 point major!!! This is a big deal in dog shows! He is now, with very limited showing, 1/2 way to his Championship!!! To say I am on cloud nine tonight is an understatement. Possibly another 5 point major tomorrow, but ya never know!!

Go GMan!!
:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
We always knew Geordi was a winner and good lookkng, too!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
No not really I felt a litttle weird and checked my BP it was higher then normal, it just kept going up till it got to 210/55 which is way high for me, I have a prostethic aortic valve and it leaks considerably so my BP is always around 122/40, they like to keep the top number low to not damage the valve any further any faster then it is. But I made the mistake of taking it every 10min or so and it kept going up and up and that never happens. The other thing is my lower abdomen was pooched out and hard as a rock, which is weird since I'm skinny as a rail have lost so much weight. I'm at 140 now an 5'10" male. I have all kinds of medical problems that many know of. So the higher it got the more I expected to croak right on the spot. I've got so many things wrong I start imagining something it going to happen and I'm not ready yet. Probably never will be but if it does it does, nothing I can do about it. Just a really weird thing.
You scare yourself by dwelling on it. So, yes, your bp goes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
You scare yourself by dwelling on it. So, yes, your bp goes up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
There are some anti-anxiety meds, like prazosin, that are also BP meds. Take one, and it stops the spiral.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Not totake away from the congratulations and celebrations of long term anniversaries, I have a celebration tonight...

Drum Roll please...

Today, at the Ocala Dog show Belgian Tervuren Regional Specialty, Geordi, Bijou Luisant Kontinuing Mission, CA, TKN, CGC, was handled expertly by his breeder to Winner's Dog and Best of Winner's for a 5 point major!!! This is a big deal in dog shows! He is now, with very limited showing, 1/2 way to his Championship!!! To say I am on cloud nine tonight is an understatement. Possibly another 5 point major tomorrow, but ya never know!!

Go GMan!!
:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

WOOHOO! YAY FOR GEORDI!!! GOOD JOB!!!
Hope there are pictures coming...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hubby is coming along nicely and we'll be celebrating our 50th this Saturday, so yes, life is beautiful on this beautiful day!

I've been meaning to ask - are there festivities planned?

Wow that was weird. I felt weird and I checked my BP after feeling my abdomen and it was rock hard, talked to the cardio nurse today and he didn't think I was in heart failure, but then I noticed Ive gained about 5 lbs and I don't know if it freaked me out but my bp and it was up to `60/45 pulse was about 80 and it kept going up. Within 30 min it was up to 205/60 pulse was 90. Trying to decide if I should go to the hospital and thought I'll be ok while praying don't take me right now. Eventually after about another 30 min it started coming down. The whole episode lasted a little over an hour and scared the crap out of both of us, almost called the 911 but figured I would just try to stick it out and see what happened, probably not too smart. AFter about 1 hr and 20 minutes it was back to normal. Now its down to 102/38. I don't know if it was a panic attack or what. never done that before.

Patrick, you really need to call your doc and let him know what's happening.

I started having another I'm going to call it a panic attack last night. Hoping I won't tonight. Got myself out of it last night. BP started going up again. I don't know what the heck is going on but this can't go on. Can't figure out why they just started out of the blue like that. Scary and the scareder I get the worse it gets. I think I'm going nuttzer.

See above!

New phone, having fun figuring it out

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Our daughter talked me into getting my first iPhone when my flip phone started giving me problems. I'm so glad we did. I'm definitely tech challenged and it took no time at all to figure it out. I do wish we could custom build a phone with only the features we need though. Why have to pay for all those bells and whistles I'll never use? We just upgraded to the 7 and it's likely to be the last one we get. No way am I paying over $1k for a phone!!!!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No not really I felt a litttle weird and checked my BP it was higher then normal, it just kept going up till it got to 210/55 which is way high for me, I have a prostethic aortic valve and it leaks considerably so my BP is always around 122/40, they like to keep the top number low to not damage the valve any further any faster then it is. But I made the mistake of taking it every 10min or so and it kept going up and up and that never happens. The other thing is my lower abdomen was pooched out and hard as a rock, which is weird since I'm skinny as a rail have lost so much weight. I'm at 140 now an 5'10" male. I have all kinds of medical problems that many know of. So the higher it got the more I expected to croak right on the spot. I've got so many things wrong I start imagining something it going to happen and I'm not ready yet. Probably never will be but if it does it does, nothing I can do about it. Just a really weird thing.
Patrick, although you're probably right about it being an anxiety attack, a doctor examining you in person could tell you for sure. So, unless it's already gone away or you talk to a doctor and they tell you it's ok, please see a doctor!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Patrick, although you're probably right about it being an anxiety attack, a doctor examining you in person could tell you for sure. So, unless it's already gone away or you talk to a doctor and they tell you it's ok, please see a doctor!
YES! It could be something physiological that is precipitating what your mind calls a "panic attack". See a doctor!!

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
I've been meaning to ask - are there festivities planned?

Patrick, you really need to call your doc and let him know what's happening.

See above!

Our daughter talked me into getting my first iPhone when my flip phone started giving me problems. I'm so glad we did. I'm definitely tech challenged and it took no time at all to figure it out. I do wish we could custom build a phone with only the features we need though. Why have to pay for all those bells and whistles I'll never use? We just upgraded to the 7 and it's likely to be the last one we get. No way am I paying over $1k for a phone!!!!
I will never have an i phone, i am violently opposed to apple products, long story

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I called and he said it didn't sound like Heart Failure to him which is the only thing they are worried about with this valve getting worse. They said to talk to my PCP that she is a pretty smart cookie so I see her Dec 6th. Didn't seem to have one last night but I started taking a xanax in the afternoon which kinda makes me more useless then usual. It's weird cause my blood O2 goes clear to the top when they are occurring Dont even know what would cause this all of a sudden I'm not worrying about anything abnormal. They said it could possibly be because I was so bloated and that was causing me pain which could affect it. IDK, I go to the Urologist tomorrow for my Prostate check but it doesn't do it in the daytime just at night around 8pm. Maybe it's sundowners. Who knows I know the valve is starting to fail at 5 1/2 years, I want to talk to my civilian PCP about it. I'm not depressed. I have too many problems to pin it down at this point. I see my cardiologist the 15th or something like that.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey I'm going to be a Great Grandaddy in June. Hopefully this time will be OK she waited to tell us till she was 11 weeks cause of the 2 previous miscarriages. So hoping for the best. Want to be here to see it. This time they put her on Hormone therapy right away which they think caused the previous 2.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Didn't seem to have one last night but I started taking a xanax in the afternoon which kinda makes me more useless then usual. It's weird cause my blood O2 goes clear to the top when they are occurring.....They said it could possibly be because I was so bloated and that was causing me pain which could affect it.
Yup. Hope that is the cause. And the xanax will keep the problem at bay until you know.

My gabapentin makes me sleepy, but I have been assured that it is the best, and I am not taking much.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yup. Hope that is the cause. And the xanax will keep the problem at bay until you know.

My gabapentin makes me sleepy, but I have been assured that it is the best, and I am not taking much.
Yeah I have 2 sizes .25mg and .5mg. Took a .5 yesterday and in about an hour couldn't keep my eyes open but woke up in about 2 or 3 hours and was nice and relaxed.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I started having another I'm going to call it a panic attack last night. Hoping I won't tonight. Got myself out of it last night. BP started going up again. I don't know what the heck is going on but this can't go on. Can't figure out why they just started out of the blue like that. Scary and the scareder I get the worse it gets. I think I'm going nuttzer.

Aw Legs...please go get it checked out!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread