Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
"Hidden" messages are what happen at that hour and totally by accident. Sorry!! My damaged grey matter does not always coordinate with my physical abilities. LOL

I was trying to tell Legs that tomorrow is another day. It may be worse or it may be better than the day before. Trying to get a grip on everything this early in the journey is overwhelming. If things are parsed out they are more easily handled.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@2legsshrt & Ginny

we-re-all-pulling-for-you-get-well-card-3.gif.jpg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I want to thank all you guys for all the support and great advice. Been very helpul and wonderful how much support we have here. Today is the big day, starts at 1pm. I'm going for the talk with Dr. Chaudry and once she starts my daughter will be there for her and I have a couple errands to run

My daughter was a God send around here. Amazing all the stuff that got done. We were a little apprehensive because we haven't been that close for a while but she was great and worked at a nice easy pace, It's been great. Got the bed set up furniture all moved, house cleaned up. She is 42 and has to go home next week for the week and she'll be back possibly the next weekend. Possibly with my other daughter just depends she has 2 smaller girls. They are kind of rambunctious so we'll see.

We have a couple things yet to do but nothing major all of that is done. Seemed like an impossible task at the start but it was worth it.

Been playing with my Dots and they are amazing there is that much power in a little device like that. I can see adding a BT speaker for music quality.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
@2legsshrt
As Mike so cleverly showed with the women pulling the rope, we are all supporting you & Ginny!

You sound a lot more in control now and a bit more relaxed, so go get your protein drink and try eating something. Keep your strength up and take things hour by hour! Don't over think!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well the copay for neulasta with our plan D is 1409 each shot. So much for Trump getting the big pharma to cut their prices. Almost $7000 for 1 shot.
She can get Medicaid for Plan D & try going to Patient Access Network to apply to get the Nuelasta free. You can also go directly to the manufacturer. I've gotten my Rituxan free from both. It's 13K every 4 months.

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
She can get Medicaid for Plan D & try going to Patient Access Network to apply to get the Nuelasta free. You can also go directly to the manufacturer. I've gotten my Rituxan free from both. It's 13K every 4 months.
Good suggestions. I wasn't aware of Patient Access Network. We had been forced into Medicaid system by ACA, and it turned out to be a blessing for us...
Hospital social worker is usually aware, and the way most find out what can be done.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
It just breaks my heart to see how good she is feeling right now knowing how much things are going to change. That's pretty crazy they would cut her pain meds to 1 pill a day when you are suffering with Cancer.
That might depend on what med it is. I take aTylenol 3 & am prescribed 2 a day altho I normally take 1a day. It covers those abnormal days when I have more pain. I could get more if I needed it. The crackdown on pain meds across the board is ridiculous. I started out 20 years ago on Darvocet. They pulled those from distribution. Moved to Hydrocodone. Restricted that one so much that the papereork for the Dr for every refill is unreal. Made the change to T3 without a problem. It just seems that there would be more recognition about types & levels of pain. But polititions aren't Drs. Even when they are Drs.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Finally finished unpacking Hallelujah! Workshop set up. Off to the garbage tip today to get rid off packing cartons. The internet relocation was a pain in the ..... We with an ISP called Optus in Au. Never had I had such drama as these clowns. Took them over a week to sort out their technical issues. Still, one has to be greatful for small mercies. They are heaps better than the other ISP Telstra. Telstra is infamous for their outages.

Yesterday Sunday was the first day off I had in 2 weeks since moving. Yes siree I enjoyed it. The wife went out and the neighbours were not home so I gave the stereo a good test. Lol the bass speakers opened cupboard doors. It was like having ghosts in the house. LMAO

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
So you are settled in? Must be if you have your workshop, internet, & stereo! Good job!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Jeez I'm working myself into a heart attack or something. This is all happening so fast. Have to go to the prosthetist with a 1030, gotta check the motorhome batteries, gotta try and get these dots set up, if Frank comes tomorrow have to get the bed set up up here, chemo on Tues, I need to be 3 people clone myself. She is going into this with a really positive attitude I just hope she isn't disappointed too bad. Crap we just found out about the pet scan on the 13th. And the treatment plan same day that's only a little less then a week. How do you do this, it would be a beach for a healthy person.
Your daughter can help with some of that, Legs. Put her to work! We are praying for you both. Judt do whst you can, one dayy at a time.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
STOP

Take a breath. Get a drink of something icy and sit! You are making too many advance plans. Nothing you plan for tomorrow is going to happen in the orderly, listed way you are counting on. Life is messy. End stage disease is even messier. Those of us in that condition welcome every new day that has us in it. We don't plan ahead.......we celebrate that we have the opportunity to spend time with the folks that love and support us. batteries and beds don't really matter. If something needs doing there will be somebody who really wants to help who will ask if there is anything they can do. Answer?........"YES, please and thank you!".

For those things that only you can do learn to compartmentalize. Quit assigning everything to your "immediately" compartment and put some things in the "tomorrow" or "whenever" compartment. Your main and only focus for the foreseeable future is to make absolutely certain that Ginny's daily experience is as easy and as comfortable as humanly possible by presenting her with your smiling face and her favorite warm beverage every morning. No matter the circumstances on any given day you have to exude confidence. Stop doing the Chicken Little thing!

Excellent advice Lulu!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well I thought I would give you guys an update. Ginny has been through 2 days of Chemo and so far she is handling it like a trooper. She hasn't felt bad at all. She has such a positive attitude. She says she has enough people praying for her and she has faith. She is taking this a lot better then me. She is even making dinner tonight. I think the worst thing so far is letting me do the driving which is understandable because I have problems getting my feet on the right pedal. She could drive but i'm trying to get used to it. We have the house pretty well straightened out. The bed is up but we still have to move some stuff. We have always sat closer to each other and shared a table between us and that's what is going to have to happen again. So another furniture move. We need to share a table. Sometimes she wants the remote sometimes I do and this isn't working out. My daughter moved it while we were at Chemo and we knew which way it was going but we don't like it now. so she is going to move it again tomorrow. She has no need for the bed down here right now. It's weird it's like she has more energy on the Chemo but her lung hurts where the mass is. They said it was probably the medicine working on that spot.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Yes even the people at the chemo center are surprised at how well she is doing with this. They say it is worse if you are getting multiple therapies plus the type of Chemo she is having. They are giving her lots of stuff for the side effects right in the Chemo. She has gotten really friendly with the Chemo staff. They are always in good moods and are starting to understand her sense of humor. Today will be the last appt she has this month unless she starts having problems. Kerrie my daughter is planning on leaving tomorrow if she is still doing well, so we'll see. It's like Dr. Patel said she is one tough chick. She is still vaping but not a lot and only about 2mg of nic. I am getting some things done while she getting the Chemo. The doctor is trying something new on me and has me taking Buspirone trying to get me off the xanax. Hasn't really started working yet takes a few days but I have been cutting my use of xanax. I've been praying for this Chemo to go well and so far it has. It has made me forget my problems except for my ill fitting socket which reminds me everytime I stand, but I am going to get new suction sleeves on Tues which will help, but when I've lost more weight it has made the lower part of my stump which is mostly fat reduce inside making them not fit there and makes moving my leg awkward because my stump moves inside the socket and I can't tell if I am moving position of my foot or just moving my stump inside the socket, but I get by.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well I thought I would give you guys an update. Ginny has been through 2 days of Chemo and so far she is handling it like a trooper. She hasn't felt bad at all. She has such a positive attitude. She says she has enough people praying for her and she has faith. She is taking this a lot better then me. She is even making dinner tonight. I think the worst thing so far is letting me do the driving which is understandable because I have problems getting my feet on the right pedal. She could drive but i'm trying to get used to it. We have the house pretty well straightened out. The bed is up but we still have to move some stuff. We have always sat closer to each other and shared a table between us and that's what is going to have to happen again. So another furniture move. We need to share a table. Sometimes she wants the remote sometimes I do and this isn't working out. My daughter moved it while we were at Chemo and we knew which way it was going but we don't like it now. so she is going to move it again tomorrow. She has no need for the bed down here right now. It's weird it's like she has more energy on the Chemo but her lung hurts where the mass is. They said it was probably the medicine working on that spot.

Nice to hear this is getting started in a positive way. Hey, get another remote. Janet sits on one end of the couch with her remote and I sit at the other end w/ my remote. Too lazy to pass one back and forth, so we have two. :rolleyes:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Nice to hear this is getting started in a positive way. Hey, get another remote. Janet sits on one end of the couch with her remote and I sit at the other end w/ my remote. Too lazy to pass one back and forth, so we have two. :rolleyes:
Silent arguments should get quite interesting.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Silent arguments should get quite interesting.

Well we also had the cats change the channel when the jump onto the end table to get in our lap. We've looked at each other and said ... did you change the channel. Nope, must have been the cat.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
That's a great idea. Alexa can also control a Roku but have to figure that out. Been doing so many things with computer stuff it is about to drive me nutz but takes my mind off stuff. Really like the Amazon dots. So much power in such a small device and so much more accurate at understanding then Siri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread