Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
For 4 days I've had Dish satellite TV. For most of the previous 25 years I had DirecTv; never had Dish before. I like Dish more than DirecTv for the following reasons:

Programming is cheaper for more or less equivalent programming packages

Pricing is more straightforward... no surprises regarding actual cost

Equipment is cheaper

Hooking up additional TVs is cheaper

Changing stations is quicker

DVR is better, with an absurd capacity and 16 (yes, 16) tuners. No chance that I'll ever want to record more programming than there are available tuners for. I have 30 movies and 5 half-hour TV shows recorded to the DVR, and the amount of DVR capacity used is only 1%. I think I read that the DVR will hold 90 24-hour days worth of HD recordings.
Glad your problem is solved h you are happy with it! What about net?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
What about net?
You mean Internet, right?

Nothing faster than 10Mbps is available here. That's not fast enough for reliable HD streaming. I was hoping that 25Mbps was available, but it's not.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
You mean Internet, right?

Nothing faster than 10Mbps is available here. That's not fast enough for reliable HD streaming. I was hoping that 25Mbps was available, but it's not.
Oh. [emoji54] I was hoping Dish had an option for you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sheesh yesterday was our 34th anniversary and neither one of us remembered. Guess you can tell our minds are not there. My Gdaughter just reminded us. Nobody else remembered either.

ROFL.gif

Well, a happy belated, Pat and Ginny!

(I'm happy to report that I've not forgotten ours, ever, and that my wife did, once ;) )

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
View attachment 760289

Well, a happy belated, Pat and Ginny!

(I'm happy to report that I've not forgotten ours, ever, and that my wife did, once ;) )
For some reason it never even entered our thoughts. Seems like Cancer consumes our thoughts which sucks.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Happy Anniversary Pat and Ginny!

Oh.
emoji54.png
I was hoping Dish had an option for you.
Oh, they do, but I've tried satellite internet before, with two different providers, and I'm not going to make that mistake again. It's unreliable and fidgety. 10 Mbps, or even the half of that I get from CenturyLink DSL, is FAR better than 25 Mbps satellite service.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Movie review: Vicky Cristina Barcelona, 2008. This Woody Allen movie has beautiful footage of geography that makes it good enough to warrant watching, but it's disappointing in that it seems obsessed with making excuses for the infidelity of the primary male character, Juan Antonio, portrayed by Javier Bardem. I could not help thinking that Woody Allen wrote this film in an attempt to justify his own controversial and questionable sexual choices.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning
A quick fly by to let everyone know i'm still alive. Moving is basically finished. Much organizing to do. Some stuff still missing, some important stuff. But, it has to be here.

So, on we go!
Oh, that can be so frustrating to know that it has to be there somewhere, but you just can't put your finger on it. Hope you find it soon! :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Sheesh yesterday was our 34th anniversary and neither one of us remembered. Guess you can tell our minds are not there. My Gdaughter just reminded us. Nobody else remembered either.

Not like you didn't have a couple-few thinks on your mind ... regardless ...

florene-special-events-print-of-funny-happy-34-birthday-or-anniversary-mousepad-mp_214207_1_13369546.jpeg

Some stuff still missing,

Not your 'missing' box of Provari's I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread