Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
You have power chairs. Why don't you use them?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
No way to transport it mainly. It's too heavy to put a lift on my Subaru. I never even thought about that when we got the car. I would've gotten a Toyota Tacoma.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I have a home security service with a cell-phone chip that will still send out an alert that bypasses the landline phone. Anyway, another service that they offer is an emergency medical type service similar to Life Alert. I know they charge a bit more for the additional service. It may be worth contacting your provider if you have a home alarm system.
My MIL when she was first looking into that could get that type but you have to be in range. She has 5 acres so she got the type that dials in where ever she is. She could be in the church bathroom and use it. Costs more per month. I think she said $40 a month but you just never know when your 90 where something could happen.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
That's a good idea Dave. I never thought of it, I just happen to have a spare Dot I was considering putting in the bathroom. I was trying to think of a way because I have never taken a shower when no one is here for fear of slipping off my chair in the shower. That's a damned good idea. I need to take a shower and I was trying to think of a way because sometimes I get pretty close to slipping and if I start to go I'd never get out. Thanks
Perfect! You should do it! I don't take showers when I'm alone in the house either. But, on the rare occasion that I do, I take my phone and set it on the closed toilet lid so that I could probably reach it if I had to. I have fallen in the bathtub, and it's a horrible helpless feeling.
It was her birthday today.
I guess we'ld get along pretty well then. My birthday was yesterday. Tell her Happy Birthday from me.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Although Belated . . .

birthday.jpg

1-1.gif

To YOU

tenor.gif

TO YOU

HappyBirthday.gif

" @DancingHeretik "

57827.jpg

bth_HBSmileyBalloonsSparkle.gif

To YOU

NOW - Remember to

birthday_07_text.gif

ALL OF THEM . . .

birthday-flasher.gif

s3weDS0.gif

SO I DID . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Update on Ginny. They gave her some platelets today. She sounded a whole lot better tonight. They've finally got her pain meds right. She doesn't think they will let her out tomorrow because her WBC have to get to a min of 1 actually for a normal person should be 3.8 or higher hers were .7 today they will come and take blood tonight around midnight. Doesn't even wake her up cause they use the Port, so we'll se tomorrow. She wants out. She said they have so many doctors in there that one doesn't know what the other is doing. She had a male nurse last night and was really uncomfortable calling him for help going into the bathroom so she tried by herself and almost fell. They wrote on her chart no male nurses. It was her birthday today. Great place to spend your birthday. One doc put her back on clear liquids another took her off. She has a nurse she really likes tonight. They all seem to work 4/10s which is actually pretty nice have a 3 day weekend every week. She says she feels good tonight. It got down to 25 here last night, well when I got up at 4am. Sure wish I could sleep longer but I make up for it in my recliner in the morning. Sofie our dog just doesn't know what is up with Granny away. She has taken to sleeping on Gins side of the bed at night and in her hospital bed in the morning, or next to me in the recliner. She doesn't like me coming up there afraid I'll pick something up and not be able to take care of her when she gets out. She's probably right. She says the next time she wants to see me is when I pick her up.
That's all good news, Legs! You're right, you do need a way to get help when alone. Especially with bathroom accidents. You seem to get into trouble in the bathroom & surfaces there are so hard, & it's a bit isolated. There's just no soft places to land. Just stay home until time to go get Ginny. I know you miss her, & worry about her, but there really isn't anything you can do there. She is surrounded by experts taking care of her. It sounds like she's alert & aware of what is going on & has control of her care. I know you've been in situations where you were none of those things, so you needed Ginny there to advocate for you. I've been there, too. I needed my sister there or in contact by phone because I was too ill & doped up to remember what was just said to me. I'm positive my mouth was out of control. [emoji50][emoji37][emoji850] Please do not put yourself in a position to get injured or need help. Ginny doesn't need to be worrying about you for the time being. She needs to focus on herself & getting herself well, not worrying that you are pushing too hard & getting injured when she's not able to help you. She's fine where she is. She's safe & being taken care of. You can call her, or call the nurses station & get updates & ask questions or challenge what is going on.
Be patient & take care of you so Ginny can relax & heal.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Perfect! You should do it! I don't take showers when I'm alone in the house either. But, on the rare occasion that I do, I take my phone and set it on the closed toilet lid so that I could probably reach it if I had to. I have fallen in the bathtub, and it's a horrible helpless feeling.

I guess we'ld get along pretty well then. My birthday was yesterday. Tell her Happy Birthday from me.
Well Happy Birthday, DH! Hope it was a good day for you!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
That's pretty weird Paul Allen dying. I guess money can't save your life. I'm not liking being home alone. I really don't want to live if Ginny loses her battle with Cancer. It's not for me. I don't want to do anything anymore. I had a purpose when she was here now I don't.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
That's all good news, Legs! You're right, you do need a way to get help when alone. Especially with bathroom accidents. You seem to get into trouble in the bathroom & surfaces there are so hard, & it's a bit isolated. There's just no soft places to land. Just stay home until time to go get Ginny. I know you miss her, & worry about her, but there really isn't anything you can do there. She is surrounded by experts taking care of her. It sounds like she's alert & aware of what is going on & has control of her care. I know you've been in situations where you were none of those things, so you needed Ginny there to advocate for you. I've been there, too. I needed my sister there or in contact by phone because I was too ill & doped up to remember what was just said to me. I'm positive my mouth was out of control. [emoji50][emoji37][emoji850] Please do not put yourself in a position to get injured or need help. Ginny doesn't need to be worrying about you for the time being. She needs to focus on herself & getting herself well, not worrying that you are pushing too hard & getting injured when she's not able to help you. She's fine where she is. She's safe & being taken care of. You can call her, or call the nurses station & get updates & ask questions or challenge what is going on.
Be patient & take care of you so Ginny can relax & heal.

Wonderful words of wisdom!!! :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
That's pretty weird Paul Allen dying. I guess money can't save your life. I'm not liking being home alone. I really don't want to live if Ginny loses her battle with Cancer. It's not for me. I don't want to do anything anymore. I had a purpose when she was here now I don't.
You need to report those thoughts to your doctor. Please!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

{{{{Patrick}}}} When our daughter suddenly lost her husband in a helo crash she felt the same way. Of course the situation was very different, but what was the same was her saying to us that she didn't know what normal was anymore and that she had nothing to live for. She was 3000 miles away from her family living alone in their apartment. Turned out that she did find purpose through support groups and then became a mentor to other widows. There is life on your own and I'm sure that's what Ginny would want for you.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Legs. She's not gone. Stop thinking as if she is. Take your medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread