Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Plus the nurses that work there are a special breed. They get to be like friends instead of nurses. They get to know everyone by their first name and they remember if you like to be numbed before they stick you. It must take a lot to work there. We met a lot of really nice people. Many just get a warm blanket and kick back in the recliner and the next thing they are snoring. Or take a good book. Ginny would do her needlepoint. Or if you have friends they are welcome also.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Allow me to introduce Josephine Claire who entered our world weighing 8lbs 13oz with a full head of black hair! Our lil Josie is our newest pride and joy... just pure joy!

7192.jpeg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Wow I just read an article about a new vaccine they are attempting to come up with. It is made from the venom of the largest venomous snake in the world. It's a type of pit viper called the Bushmaster and they are working to create a vaccine for cancers like Ginny's which at the present there is no known cure. This guy in Brazil has to milk the venom from these 12 ft long snakes. If the venom even touches the skin it will kill you fast. Not my kind of job. I'm sure it won't be done in time to save Ginny but others that are to come it could. We are just hoping she can stay in remission for a while. Every day is one more day. It is amazing how slow hair grows. Ginny has only been off the Chemo for a month and a half and she is just starting to get some peach fuzz, now one of the side effects of the radiation is hair loss. I have gotten used to it and it just looks like Ginny now. The thought of the radiation to the brain is not something either one of us are looking forward too. Especially having to do it everyday for 2 weeks. Even tho it is low dose it still apparently causes short and long term memory loss but from what I have read on the ACS website, which anyone who deals with cancer is a website that has a lot of info plus forums to talk to others dealing with the same thing. I forget who told me about it here but it is a good one. It is the American Cancer Society's site for Cancer survivors. But anyway this type of Cancer if you are in remission seems to be a definite plus to make it unable for the cancer to come back there and that is usually the first spot it heads for. So it kind of makes it worthwhile.
That is something you don't want. One of my grandaughters closest friends mother had the same type as John McCain had. She go diagnosed 6 months ago and she lost her fight earlier this week. Talk about fast progression. She had it operated on once but it really didn't help and she was getting really paranoid. It was probably a blessing, no more pain or not being who you were. I'm really amazed McCain lasted as long as he did with it and still be able to think and make sense when he spoke on govt matters. We really lost a good one when we lost him.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Good Luck. What is your schedule like to have it. Ginny was on 3days in a row then 18 off, which is the normal for sclc. She didn't start feeling bad till after maybe the 6th one but everyone is different. Try not to worry. Get them to give you anti nausea meds and some Lorazapam. It is a tranq anti depressant and it seemed to help her sleep better. Eat small meals, you will notice your taste changing. She had a really hard time finding things that sounded good to eat. Chicken seems to be good. Another thing she liked was cereal but you need to keep eating and getting lots of rest. For breast I think my SIL did 1 treatment a week. And at least at her Cancer Cntr the people are really nice and just tell them if you need anything. If they are going to be doing it for awhile having a port put in my wife said was the best thing she ever did. No more getting stuck, so that's something to think about. Are they doing radiation also? You won't feel like doing much but laying around. Ginny now has to have 3 Cyberknife treatments then 10 low dose radiaion to her entire brain. But she has some time first one is the 20th. Just remember even if it doesn't sound appealing you need to eat. Oh and another thing that she ate a lot of was eggs. She really liked them and they are good for you. She's been off of it for over a month and food still doesn't taste right to her. Hang in there we'll be thinking and praying for you. No matter how it makes you feel it is helping you.
I had no appetite at all when I was getting anti-nausea at the hospital, & rehab. It was Phen--something. I lost 75 pounds in 2 months! Need somemore of that stuff. My appetite came back slowly after that. Along with some of the weight! But, by golly, I was grateful to have it when I needed it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Taxol lower dose weekly for twelve weeks, Herpecitin every three weeks for a year. Not hormone-sensitive, HER2+, so poison is the only treatment possibility. Stage 1a, 10% recurrence possibility. Not taking chances. Ginny's miracle has been a lesson for me. No radiation, since if there is any left, they have no idea where it could be.
You are always in my prayers, Mary!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Allow me to introduce Josephine Claire who entered our world weighing 8lbs 13oz with a full head of black hair! Our lil Josie is our newest pride and joy... just pure joy!

Congratulations! She's beautiful! And so happy!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
What a beautiful baby, and she is already smiling!!!

a port is an essential. Only the strongest and thickest veins will stand up to that stuff.

Yes. Glioblastoma is one of the worst cancers one can get.
Oh good I'm glad you got one. Ginny is really glad she did. I don't know where they put your but Ginnys is on her upper right side of her chest and a lady from the ACS gave her a little red pillow which works great cause it is right where the shoulder harness part of the seat belt hits it. The little pillow is a godsend. Yeah that type of brain cancer just is so aggressive she went in 6 months ago and thought she had fainted and that fast it took her. Even with the surgery which gave her a chance to see her new grandbaby but she went downhill so fast. Her husband had just retired. When she first got out of the hospital she decided that she wanted to spend her last days traveling the US. He went out and bought a truck and trailer but they never even got a chance to make one trip. Terrible stuff. She was taking Chemo but it was really bad on her as soon as she stopped it wasn't even a week. His daughter who was or is one of Alyssa's closest friend has moved to Florida and he took a transfer for his last year at work to S. Carolina. They used to live 6 blocks from us here, such a nice lady.

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I had no appetite at all when I was getting anti-nausea at the hospital, & rehab. It was Phen--something. I lost 75 pounds in 2 months! Need somemore of that stuff. My appetite came back slowly after that. Along with some of the weight! But, by golly, I was grateful to have it when I needed it.

Yep, I wish I had a lot of things to do over. Being heavy wasn't all that bad to the way I am now with this crazy type of weight loss surgery I have had. I weighed 298 at my highest but I could maintain at around 225 pretty easily on my own. Now I weigh 120 and I am so skinny I have to sit on pillows to be comfy. Bones are sticking out everywhere. Yep bein heavy wasn't that bad and I loved eating, that was my problem. Sure beats not eating Being skinny is not all it's cracked up to be. I seem to be holding at 120 pretty well but it's hard to stay healthy when you can't eat well. I still love to eat just can't do it very well.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Man I was looking at some of these so called high quality juices they are as high as $28 for 30ml. Might as well have kept smoking. They can't possibly be that good it still just costs pennys to make. Then the nerve to sell them for almost $1 per ml. They can't possibly be that good.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Oh no! You must have been frantic especially since it was so cold. She must have been so happy to see you!!

Did you mean the Ring doesn't work on your phone or not only your phone? Mike recently installed one and I swear it sets itself off sometimes. Twice around 2:00 a.m. it went off and all I saw was some bugs flying around later in the video. It goes off during the day with nobody there. Not even any critters. Mike finally turned off the alerts between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. It'll still record movement, but won't make the alert sound.
The Ring doesn't work on my phone. Not too worried about it though as I am home 98% of the time. I have an older Samsung Galaxy S3. I am going to cut a small wedge to put between the ring and the wall so it will angle down a bit and stop the motion alerts from trucks and bigger cars driving down the street.
Koko was very happy to see me. She did have to spend another night due to the policy of the shelter. Since she was an "unaltered" female they had to spay her before she was released. They also updated her rabies and microchipped her. All things I was going to have my vet do but they did it and were a lot cheaper.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
The Ring doesn't work on my phone. Not too worried about it though as I am home 98% of the time. I have an older Samsung Galaxy S3. I am going to cut a small wedge to put between the ring and the wall so it will angle down a bit and stop the motion alerts from trucks and bigger cars driving down the street.
Koko was very happy to see me. She did have to spend another night due to the policy of the shelter. Since she was an "unaltered" female they had to spay her before she was released. They also updated her rabies and microchipped her. All things I was going to have my vet do but they did it and were a lot cheaper.
Wow Jerry had to look up "The Ring" I guess I'm just out of the loop when it comes to stuff these days. That looks pretty cool but no body comes to our door so it would be kinds wasted on us.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Wow Jerry had to look up "The Ring" I guess I'm just out of the loop when it comes to stuff these days. That looks pretty cool but no body comes to our door so it would be kinds wasted on us.
My daughter got one with the doorbell and another that will go above the garage with lights to watch the vehicles. The doorbell is more for watching the front door for packages and we have had cars messed with in our driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread