Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Any of you watch "The Great British Baking Show" on Netflix. We have really gotten into it. It's amazing to me some of the younger guys that are into baking. Plus many are really good at it. Ginny says it's cause over there instead of babysitters and daycare like people use here they are taken care of by the Granny's. And their Grannys teach them about cooking. I think if I was ever born in another country the UK would be a nice place. Possibly even better then here. OOps almost got towards political which is not where I was going at all. Sorry.

Last edited:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I am going to cut a small wedge to put between the ring and the wall so it will angle down a bit and stop the motion alerts from trucks and bigger cars driving down the street.
Syndee was fiddling with her phone and the Ring app and found an area where you can adjust the area and distance for motion on the Ring Doorbell. Of course, after I made a couple wedges. ;)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Syndee was fiddling with her phone and the Ring app and found an area where you can adjust the area and distance for motion on the Ring Doorbell. Of course, after I made a couple wedges. ;)
Well you will find a use for the wedges maybe. They think of everything these days.

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I don't know whay I am going to do. My insomnia seems to be getting worse. I go to bed at 10pm and it started I would wake up at 4 or 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. It has gotten progressively worse, now I am going to bed at 10 and waking at 1am and can't go back to sleep. I just lay there with all kinds of things going thru my head but no more sleep. Maybe if I come downstairs I can get a couple hours more after a couple hours Can't get a good nights sleep. its been gradually getting worse each week of less sleep. I don't know why there are no others with the same problems. This stuff with Ginny is really taking it's toll on me also. Can't get it off my mind. I keep hoping it's some kind of mistake but I'm afraid it's not.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I don't know whay I am going to do. My insomnia seems to be getting worse. I go to bed at 10pm and it started I would wake up at 4 or 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. It has gotten progressively worse, now I am going to bed at 10 and waking at 1am and can't go back to sleep. I just lay there with all kinds of things going thru my head but no more sleep. Maybe if I come downstairs I can get a couple hours more after a couple hours Can't get a good nights sleep. its been gradually getting worse each week of less sleep. I don't know why there are no others with the same problemsl

There are others....me for one. I found as I got older it got harder to sleep. Lately, I have been under extreme stress so it is even harder to sleep. I usually get 3 or 4 hours and if lucky a nap later on. I know what you are going through and I am so tired from lack of sleep. My main problem besides stress is apnea. I am startled awake due to not breathing and heart starting to jump.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    There are others....me for one. I found as I got older it got harder to sleep. Lately, I have been under extreme stress so it is even harder to sleep. I usually get 3 or 4 hours and if lucky a nap later on. I know what you are going through and I am so tired from lack of sleep. My main problem besides stress is apnea. I am startled awake due to not breathing and heart starting to jump.
    That's what happened to me this am at 1am, some kind of bad dream. It really seems to be getting worse. It just kinda ruins the whole day. Well I'm not alone then. I see you joined ECF right about the same time as me.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    That's what happened to me this am at 1am, some kind of bad dream. It really seems to be getting worse. It just kinda ruins the whole day. Well I'm not alone then. I see you joined ECF right about the same time as me.

Yes, and I lived in Tacoma WA for 50 years. Almost your neighbor lol.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    I use my fitbit to monitor sleep. Bad nights require problem-solving. Pain is my problem, duh! Recently added diphenhydramine, and will start acetaminophen at bedtime. I also go to bed earlier in hopes of accumulating enough hours by sheer will-power.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    Maybe we should rename the group Older Insomniac Folks and Vaping. When I was younger staying up till 2 or 3am on a regular basis, when I used to go barhopping checking out the girls or just tipping a few with friends. Well I think its nap time. Ah what an exciting life we live. YeeHaw

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Maybe we should rename the group Older Insomniac Folks and Vaping. When I was younger staying up till 2 or 3am on a regular basis, when I used to go barhopping checking out the girls or just tipping a few with friends. Well I think its nap time. Ah what an exciting life we live. YeeHaw

tenor.gif

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Spokane,WA
    You gettin hit with this storm? We have a winter weather watch for the next 12 hours. Snowed a little already. Gotta pick up the Gdaughter at the airport tomorrow. I didn't put snow tires on. Just couldn't decide if we needed them or not. Got by last year without. If we were going to go over the pass then for sure but this all wheel drive does pretty well. It was a toss up about $1200 for studless and wheels. Still don't know it's not even winter for 2 more weeks. They were a must have for 2 wheel drive but this Subaru does pretty well without. Last year it did this early in the winter but then it warmed up and we didn't have a really bad winter at all. Who knows, I'd say we are due but with the weather changing so much, just don't know.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I don't know whay I am going to do. My insomnia seems to be getting worse. I go to bed at 10pm and it started I would wake up at 4 or 5 and couldn't go back to sleep. It has gotten progressively worse, now I am going to bed at 10 and waking at 1am and can't go back to sleep. I just lay there with all kinds of things going thru my head but no more sleep. Maybe if I come downstairs I can get a couple hours more after a couple hours Can't get a good nights sleep. its been gradually getting worse each week of less sleep. I don't know why there are no others with the same problems. This stuff with Ginny is really taking it's toll on me also. Can't get it off my mind. I keep hoping it's some kind of mistake but I'm afraid it's not.
    I have insomnia issues, also. May go to bed anywhere between 10 & 2 & awake at 3 or5. I take pain & anxiety meds at night with benedryl or I get no sleep at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Yes, naps!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread