Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
She was doing stuff like having me stand with my eyes closed and she'd give me a little push to see how I recovered. I don't care for doing that kind of crap.
Instead of getting PO'd...ask why and what's needed...;) My guess is that you need to be able to recover your balance very quickly in order to avoid another catastrophic fall...:eek:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
There are three centers for equilibrium. Kinesthetic, visual, and in the tubes of the inner ear. If one is impaired, like mine and Legg's, the individual must depend on the other two. Demanding that he do it with eyes closed is dangerous.

Normal is being able to stand on each foot for ten seconds.

And my typing is crap!!! I had four corractions tomake in the last sentence.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Agree about the balancing. I've been going to PT for balance issues due to my two surgeries last year, and it is taking a long time to recoup, but the good news is, it does work. A lot of time has been spent on this and I have 10 sessions left, then re-evaluation.
Finally able to resume bowling, and that was a balance concern, but with therapy, my confidence level has definitely increased.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well today the physical therapist was here, neither one of us liked her so thinking of just having the occupational one come.

I agree with others that the PT is important. We're an integrated system, not isolated parts, and sometimes we need help getting them to all work together again. But, as also mentioned, maybe request a different person. IF it's a personality clash.

Was hoping it would stay on your side David.

Gee, thanks. :lol:

No, no. That was a shallow hole compared to my forgetting our 25th. Wife told me about 3 days later. Ouchy. I'm working hard on making this Google calendar reminding me of things. 29th this June, better start soon on what to do for next year.

Before we married, I got the (not yet) wife's birthday off by one day. Sadly, one day late, not early. Since then, some 43 years, SHE is the only one to forget our anniversary (once), so I still have some credits :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Well today the physical therapist was here, neither one of us liked her so thinking of just having the occupational one come. She was having me try to do stuff that a kid would do. I told her I am almost 70 you know but didn't seem to make her understand. I am only interested in getting back to where I was that's it. She was doing stuff like having me stand with my eyes closed and she'd give me a little push to see how I recovered. I don't care for doing that kind of crap. Just want to be able to walk like I was. I thought I was doing really good being able to walk almost normal. So I am going to talk to the occupational one and see if I can just get her. She is really nice, her husband is a career USAF stationed here and we got along great. I'm just not interested in being an athlete. I told her I'm really not having a lot of trouble with my leg but my shoulder I am. She just was interested in my leg. When I did that Ginny told her she didn't think she could do that. I'm going to talk to the occ one tomorrow. I don't need that much therapy any way. So that's where that stands. I figure if you are not comfortable with a person you're not going to accomplish much. We'll see how that goes over.
Man it was really snowing and still is. Dang didn't want that, we have about a foot on the ground now but we don't have any appts till the end of next week. Not supposed to get above 25 in the next 10 days which is as far as my app goes. I guess we are going to get our winter now. Was hoping we would get around any of this but I guess not. Was hoping it would stay on your side David. So we shall see what we shall see.
Legs. Any decent Therapist begins with evaluating where you are before they do anything else. She has to find where you are now so she can come up with a plan to get you where you want to be. She was doing it right. You've had PT & OT in the hospital BUT she wasn't part of that so she has to figure it out before she does anything else. You need both therapies. You know you do. If you don't like her just request someone else, but don't work against yourself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I figure if you are not comfortable with a person you're not going to accomplish much. We'll see how that goes over.

Not sure 'bout your area, but down here da PT/OT industry is VERY competitive!

Either notify da management of your discontent; or go to a diff provider. Bet you'll have a diff tech next visit; or da same one with a MUCH diff attitude.

Besides, we're now ol' curmudgeons and we earned dat distinction...
old.gif

toothy.gif

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well the OT is also a PT and ccan do both and I really liked her. The other problem was with my hearing and her accent, she was asian, I couldn't understand a word she said. Her main goal was to build up my stamina. I spoke to the OT this morning and it was fine with her. I just didn't like that her goal for me seemed different then mine. I just want to be able to do what I used to, not walk 500 yds. The way it seemed to me was her goal was what was important, my balance has always been good, the prosthetist all were really impressed with it and I did all the things she asked me to do. My hip is really not a problem it's my shoulder and what I wanted to accomplish was being able to use it without pain and get a better range of motion. Oh and she tried to be an expert on amputees and was going to call my place that I get my prosthetics and tell them about the red marks on one stump. He knows and I was scheduled to get new sockets before this happened. I have that side of my health in order and I don't need her calling them, I've been going there for 12 years and have that under control. When I'm sure everything is ready I will get new sockets. I had an appt set up for the week following when I fell. Obviously they knew what and when to go back to getting it done.

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
* kicks open the door and waltzes in singing *
"Ride, Captain ride, upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip. Ride, Captain ride. On your way to a world others might have missed..."

He is here...

View media item 431705View media item 431703
Born 21 NOV 2018 @ 0335 - Weight: 7lb 12oz - Height: 21"

Name: Lincoln Maddox

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
"Ride, Captain ride, upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip. Ride, Captain ride. On your way to a world others might have missed..."

He is here...

Now thats a wild hairstyle. Looks like hes happy from the top of his hair to his little bitty toes

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

He is here...

CONGRATULATIONS! What a cutie!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

He is here...

Wows ... great pictures ... Congratulations!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

He is here...

CONGRATULATIONS! He sure does look like one happy baby!! Maybe he's tickled pink that he wasn't one of the bald kids! Great picture!! It's funny about baby hair. Miles hair stood straight up at the crown of his head even when we tried to get it to stay down. Then one day it just decided to lay down on it's own. Made me a little sad though, because I thought he looked so cute!

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Our last ultrasound I asked "Will he have hair?" which I kind of thought to be funny because there hasn't been a bald baby on my side of the family... in generations. And the nurse took the machine and showed us this little 'flame' looking thing, and replied, yeah, but not much. Then this thing was born:

View media item 431707
Always so serious... always so grumpy... always my son.

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
We knew he was alright as he didn't cry, he didn't scream, but he did poop on the nurse and all over the inside of the warming tub they put him in. All I heard was, "Oh you got to be kidding me, did you just poop on me little guy?!" and of course one of the doctors was like "Oh my God, look at all that hair!" I popped up from behind the curtain and said "He's got hair?!"

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Our last ultrasound I asked "Will he have hair?" which I kind of thought to be funny because there hasn't been a bald baby on my side of the family... in generations. And the nurse took the machine and showed us this little 'flame' looking thing, and replied, yeah, but not much. Then this thing was born:

View media item 431707

Welcome to the thread little 'Casketweaver'. Nice to see your pictures. So, is this your 1st child?

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Welcome to the thread little 'Casketweaver'. Nice to see your pictures. So, is this your 1st child?
Mine, yes. Hers, no. She has a 16 y/o from her past marriage. Was it planned? Absolutely. Was I ready? PSH! Hardly. Am I happy anyways? Yup! I hope he grows up to do great things. We all wish for that. But I have a good feeling he will exceed my expectations. With a name like Lincoln, he has some pretty big shoes to fill.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

View media item 431707
Aww, I can't see the pics! But congratulations CW & Mom! Happy birthday CW2!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread