Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Morning everyone! Boy I crashed and burned hard last night, ever woke up feeling kind of wonky and wobbling? Looks like it's shaping up to be a nice weekend, anyone got plans? Wayfair was supposed to ship me the missing pumps for my water floats - ended up with 2 more floats and still no pumps :w00t:

I'm afraid to call them again for fear I'll end up with 2 more floats lol - I could just chain them all together to keep all the boat traffic from getting to closed to my dock lol

Oh forgot to mention, you know who is attaching a tax on shipments from China, effective Sept. 1. Guess that means I better check my stash of equipment and get my order in. Since it seems everything comes from there I know there's going to be massive increases - yet again!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Morning everyone! It may end up being a nap day for me, I was awake all night :shock:
It's going to take a lot more than caffeine and nic to keep myself going today...arghhhhhhhh
I have days like that occasionally. Even if I get the normal 6 hours sleep, sometimes it seems I just can't seem to wake up completely, so I nap off & on all day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I have days like that occasionally. Even if I get the normal 6 hours sleep, sometimes it seems I just can't seem to wake up completely, so I nap off & on all day.

I also have mornings when I wake up feeling like I had no sleep at all.... even though I normally sleep quite well waking up in the same position in which I fell asleep.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I also have mornings when I wake up feeling like I had no sleep at all.

That's common for me. I should count my blessing though because aside from that I'm still in pretty good health overall. All my blood work just came back fine and I was 'cleared' for possible prostrate cancer, so If sleep is my only issue, I deal with it.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Calling Nauty/Aspire experts ...

I just broke out my stash of Aspire Nauty coils to try them out again in a Kabuki tank. Some of them have small wicking holes and other larger holes. Someone know the difference? I seem to recall they may have switched from silica wicks to cotton ... could the ones with bigger holes be cotton wicks or did the smaller hole coils just not wick good enough?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Calling Nauty/Aspire experts ...

I just broke out my stash of Aspire Nauty coils to try them out again in a Kabuki tank. Some of them have small wicking holes and other larger holes. Someone know the difference? I seem to recall they may have switched from silica wicks to cotton ... could the ones with bigger holes be cotton wicks or did the smaller hole coils just not wick good enough?
I think they changed to larger holes because of wicking issues. So the BBC snaller holes are older versions.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I think they changed to larger holes because of wicking issues. So the BBC snaller holes are older versions.

Well I may have a lot of them in the stash ... I was just buying 'em up back then in anticipation of the 'apocalypse'. I using one now and it seems to be doing OK. Our juice is 50/50 blend, maybe/hopefully, the troubles were with thicker juice ratio's of VG.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Our juice is 50/50 blend, maybe/hopefully, the troubles were with thicker juice ratio's of VG.

First off, I agree wid Kenna. Da larger holes made a world o' diff.

I'm now vapin' 50/50, so ya should be GTG!

BTW, really do like da Zenith! Original coil still goin' strong @ 14W. And luv da top fill!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
After becoming very frustrated with the attitude of one of the shoe salesman, the young blonde declared, 'Well, then, maybe I'll just go out and catch my own alligator and get a pair of alligator shoes for free!’

The shoe salesman replied with a sly smile, 'Well, little lady, why don't you go give it a try'

The blond headed off to the swamp, determined to catch an alligator.

Later in the day, the shoe salesman was driving home, and spotted the young woman standing waist deep in the murky water, shotgun in hand.

He saw a huge 9-foot gator swimming rapidly toward her. With lightning reflexes, the blond took aim, shot the creature and hauled it up onto the slippery bank.

Nearby were 7 more dead gators all lying belly up. The salesman watched in amazement as the blond struggled with the gator. Then, rolling her eyes, she screamed in frustration.....

"Sonuvabiatch!! THIS ONE'S BAREFOOT, TOO!"

OK, let da 'Little Johnny' jokes begin...
abused.gif

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
Morning porchers :) Woke up to see the news on another tragedy only closer to home for me. I'm to the point I don't even like to leave my little cave any more :cry:

Seems these days that the MH issues are just growing and I wish we knew all the answers. Is part of it the internet, do these people connect with certain groups on-line and then go further sideways? I don't ever remember having these types of incidents growing up before the computer, I really don't. Were they left on their own growing up having computers and tv's as their babysitter? Are they looking for attention now when before they didn't care. Though I don't watch Dr. Phil, I have caught a few clips here and there and the ones that are totally out of control as kids, the parents were even worse in handling them fearing the kids wouldn't like them, can't imagine who they will be as adults.

Seriously? I grew up having respect for my elders, said please & thank you. Got my .... whooped when I did something wrong, got grounded, stood in the corner, had to write 1000 times I will
never ---. Never had so much as a TV in any room other than the living room, there was no cable and we had rabbit ears. The only game system to come out was ATARI. Which incidentally, wasn't around until after I graduated and my parents played as empty nesters...really, I couldn't talk to my mom on the phone if it was her turn lol.

Prayers for all of the victims and their families, you are in my thoughts :cry:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yeah, hours apart... and so far this year averaging just over one a day.

I suspect nothing will be done, again. None of the poli-ticks (thanks @Iffy!) have the nerve to actually do anything, again. And there won't be a single, comprehensive act that will stop the carnage, it will take a variety of things.

I agree the net has facilitated the radicalization of our domestic terrorists, those who feel their way is the only right way. Makes it easy to get bias confirmation. Heck, even the so-called benign giants scour our activity and target us with what the algorithm thinks we want. (Buy something online recently? Then start seeing pop-up ads for similar?) No less so for the radicals.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I haven't used my pool for the last couple of years. My plan for the last couple of days has been to remove the leaves and dried muck from the bottom of the pool. It is slow going but I am seeing progress. Now that it is the hotter part of the summer I am really looking forward to getting it finished. I just have to wait until the pool is in the shade to work on it.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I haven't used my pool for the last couple of years. My plan for the last couple of days has been to remove the leaves and dried muck from the bottom of the pool. It is slow going but I am seeing progress. Now that it is the hotter part of the summer I am really looking forward to getting it finished. I just have to wait until the pool is in the shade to work on it.

The shade, best tool of the summer! Well that and getting out there early in the day, which I'm definitely not good at :eek:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA

Dried muck? Is your pool empty? We can't empty pools in this area because the frost can pop the pool out of the ground or crack it beyond repair. Mike mostly takes care of our pool and he does it in the early morning or after supper when it starts to cool off. We don't use the pool much. We did when our kids were small, then there were several years when it didn't get used much at all, but now with the grand babies its getting a lot more use again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread