rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Uh, I do :) Just south of Tacoma. Been here for 40 years. Long hot summers really play heck with my toe webs... ;)
    Oh, for some reason I thought you were closer to Wenatchee. I lived in Tacoma for over 45 years. Rain, rain, and more rain.

Have to add, there is no place more beautiful...all that rain keeps it evergreen.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I'm so glad it waited to rain until after the wedding party left town.

It was the perfect day for a wedding. Between 70 and 80, blue skies, no wind. Gorgeous.

It was great to have all 3 of my children together again. And all but one of my grandchildren. Melinda throws a good wedding.

I love watching my daughters dance together. Just like when they were teenagers. They even managed to get their brother on the dance floor a little bit.

A very good day.

My son and grandson are already back in Ft. Worth. My daughter, Rachel, is still on her way back to Scotland. It's a long, long trip.

Lots of promises to visit more often.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Lots of promises to visit more often.

1763285.gif

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Good mornin'.

Time to go renew my driver's license. I went last week on my birthday and was turned away because now I need a copy of my birth certificate.

All the old, gray people were turned away to have to go home and get their birth certificates. All the people old enough to have gotten their original driver's licenses before they started making photocopies to keep on file.

Wish me luck that they don't find some other document I need to obtain.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Good mornin'.

Time to go renew my driver's license. I went last week on my birthday and was turned away because now I need a copy of my birth certificate.

All the old, gray people were turned away to have to go home and get their birth certificates. All the people old enough to have gotten their original driver's licenses before they started making photocopies to keep on file.

Wish me luck that they don't find some other document I need to obtain.

Had to go through a similar 'thing' here in PA. Apparently our driver's license doesn't meet Federal regulations as legal proof of ID. We had to get new one's that meet 'Real ID' standards or some such thing. Janet and I had to take 3 proof's of ID (1 being a birth certificate) and appear in person to get our license's renewed with 'Real ID'.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    We did that a few cycles ago, as at that time the RealID was coming in. It was optional then, but, well, we wanted to be able to make a jaunt to Canada and be able to get back :) Mandatory now.

Heck, even then a notarized photocopy of my BC wasn't good enough, had to send off for a new "original." (Although I did have the foresight to check the DMV website first, so knew beforehand and didn't have to make two trips ;) )

Iffy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Florida Suncoast
    ... and was turned away because now I need a copy of my birth certificate.

Apparently our driver's license doesn't meet Federal regulations as legal proof of ID.

All thanks to 9\11, the Patriot Act and current facial recognition capabilities. Those new photos are digitized for the federal corporation FR program. Our lil' Brother has grown up!!!

Next possible step, mandatory dna samples...?

Last edited:

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida
    All thanks to 9\11, the Patriot Act and current facial recognition capabilities. Those new photos are digitized for the federal corporation FR program. Our lil' Brother has grown up!!!

Next possible step, mandatory DNA samples...?
    That sounds ominous but not far fetched!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    to take 3 proof's of ID (1 being a birth certificate) and appear in person to get our license's renewed with 'Real ID'.

Same here in FL . . . Even brought extra "Stuff"" besides the Birth Certificate (on it's last legs - just like "Me" ;) ), including "My" lease, Bank account statement, Social Security card, Election Reg. Card and State Professional Licenses from NJ, NY, PA, & FL . . . :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread