Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I missed my own anniversary! My 6 years was on the 10th. Yay me!
Way to go, girl!!! :thumbs::rickroll:

Hi all. I wanted to let everyone know that I talked with Johnny's (Iffy) youngest daughter today. He needs all the prayers he can get. About 3 weeks ago, Johnny had a stroke. He's relatively ok, he actually drove himself to the hospital, and she said there were two mods in the stuff he took with him. But things deteriorated, I don't know if he had additional stroke(s) or just more damage set in. He has a significant amount of cognitive damage, both in what he's able to understand and what he can communicate. She said that there are some things he understands but other things he definitely doesn't, and he really isn't able to communicate at all which is super frustrating for him. Patty is being cared for, but they aren't sure how much of that he understands. He knows who people are, and they took a photo of Johnny and Patty to him, and sometimes he just holds it and cries. Not sure if it's because he just misses her, or if he's worried about who is taking care of her. He's not to a place yet where they can take him to see Patty, and they aren't able to take Patty to him. I did suggest maybe having Patty do a video for him and she thought that was a good idea.

He was moved to a rehab facility about a week ago, so hopefully with therapy he can regain much of what has been lost as the brain makes new pathways around the damage. He is able to write his name which is wonderful. His Dr's have said no vaping, and they are respecting that. I did tell her that nicotine has been shown to be an effective tool with other diseases/conditions where there are cognitive problems. My brain was reeling from the news and I didn't think to have her ask about a nicotine patch, but will see if she can ask about that. She thought maybe it was out of his system by now, but she did wonder if it would be a comfort type thing even if he couldn't vape it. She'd said that one day he was digging through his toiletries kit, searching for something and not finding it, and unable to let them know what he was looking for. I told her it might have been his mods, she said she realized later it was likely either that or his wallet. He did have a visit from one of the ramp rats. I really don't know much more than that, but she said she didn't mind me contacting her every so often for updates, and I'll let y'all know when there is more news. If I can remember how to do it, I'm going to put a msg on the front porch also with a link to this post.

As for me, I never meant to just not be here. It's really difficult for me to be on the computer very long, so I only get one when I have to check something, and usually don't stay on too long. More and more time passed that I wasn't able to get on here, and at some point it just turned into me not being here. I think about many of y'all quite a bit and hope y'all are well. I have been keeping in touch with Kenna a lot by phone and also Johnny, so I know about Bells, and Patrick and Ginny. I'll try to check back on here in a day or so, and anyone that has my number feel free to call me if you have questions, but also I've told y'all everything I know about it unless I've forgotten something.
Thanks for the information on Johnny. I saw your post on the Front Porch and came right over. I will keep him, Patty, and their family in my prayers. :nun::nun:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi all. I wanted to let everyone know that I talked with Johnny's (Iffy) youngest daughter today. He needs all the prayers he can get. About 3 weeks ago, Johnny had a stroke. He's relatively ok, he actually drove himself to the hospital, and she said there were two mods in the stuff he took with him. But things deteriorated, I don't know if he had additional stroke(s) or just more damage set in. He has a significant amount of cognitive damage, both in what he's able to understand and what he can communicate. She said that there are some things he understands but other things he definitely doesn't, and he really isn't able to communicate at all which is super frustrating for him. Patty is being cared for, but they aren't sure how much of that he understands. He knows who people are, and they took a photo of Johnny and Patty to him, and sometimes he just holds it and cries. Not sure if it's because he just misses her, or if he's worried about who is taking care of her. He's not to a place yet where they can take him to see Patty, and they aren't able to take Patty to him. I did suggest maybe having Patty do a video for him and she thought that was a good idea.

He was moved to a rehab facility about a week ago, so hopefully with therapy he can regain much of what has been lost as the brain makes new pathways around the damage. He is able to write his name which is wonderful. His Dr's have said no vaping, and they are respecting that. I did tell her that nicotine has been shown to be an effective tool with other diseases/conditions where there are cognitive problems. My brain was reeling from the news and I didn't think to have her ask about a nicotine patch, but will see if she can ask about that. She thought maybe it was out of his system by now, but she did wonder if it would be a comfort type thing even if he couldn't vape it. She'd said that one day he was digging through his toiletries kit, searching for something and not finding it, and unable to let them know what he was looking for. I told her it might have been his mods, she said she realized later it was likely either that or his wallet. He did have a visit from one of the ramp rats. I really don't know much more than that, but she said she didn't mind me contacting her every so often for updates, and I'll let y'all know when there is more news. If I can remember how to do it, I'm going to put a msg on the front porch also with a link to this post.

As for me, I never meant to just not be here. It's really difficult for me to be on the computer very long, so I only get one when I have to check something, and usually don't stay on too long. More and more time passed that I wasn't able to get on here, and at some point it just turned into me not being here. I think about many of y'all quite a bit and hope y'all are well. I have been keeping in touch with Kenna a lot by phone and also Johnny, so I know about Bells, and Patrick and Ginny. I'll try to check back on here in a day or so, and anyone that has my number feel free to call me if you have questions, but also I've told y'all everything I know about it unless I've forgotten something.

My initial reaction was 'Nice!' Debadoo returns. But the more I read the sadder I got. Deb thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about Johnny. He's one of the originals around here and loved my many. He'll certainly be in our prayers and thoughts. And please, if you can, keep us updated when you hear anything.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

@Debadoo ! Sooooooo good to see you - but dayam !
Just....NO !
And yes he is worried about Patty.
And of course he was looking for his mods !

I've been teared up and sniffling and praying all afternoon
@Iffy
I love you ya old fart - pleeeeease get over this and come back soon.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Holding onto your chauffeur card ;)

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I missed my own anniversary! My 6 years was on the 10th. Yay me!

6th.jpg

Hey Debadoo! It's great to hear from you, but wish it wasn't under these circumstances. Thank you so much for letting us know about Iffy. No wonder he hasn't posted in so long. I agree with others here, please let him know that he and Patty are in our prayers. He's a tough one so I'm hoping he'll heal faster than they expect.

Might it be time to go to the store and speak with the "Store Manager" - not supervisor or anyone else in the 'Geek Squad" (When something went wrong at Best Buy - It worked for "Me" a couple of times ) . . . AND - If that does not work contact Best Buy executives by posting a complaint via their website/blog (About Best Buy - Best Buy Corporate News and Information) or better yet social media . . . As - I understand it has worked for a number of people . . .:thumbs:

Here is all the info Ya' NEED - Corporate Offices, Facebook/Twitter Account, etc :

Ya' can also find out info about how to get results on this advocates' website - "Elliot's Advocacy" too.

Hope the information is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Thanks so much Uncle. For some reason the fridge stopped making that awful noise - we have no idea why. If it hadn't I would have been at the Best Buy store raising a stink long before now. We've been busy and won't be home tomorrow but the first chance I get I'm going over there to complain to a manager. Whatever the outcome is I will let corporate know what happened. This is unacceptable!

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
View attachment 869463
Thanks so much Uncle. For some reason the fridge stopped making that awful noise - we have no idea why. If it hadn't I would have been at the Best Buy store raising a stink long before now. We've been busy and won't be home tomorrow but the first chance I get I'm going over there to complain to a manager. Whatever the outcome is I will let corporate know what happened. This is unacceptable!

Just a clue: I have noticed that refrigerators and washing machines can acquire a horrible vibration if they are a little out of level. I'm sure there are other reasons, but this might be what has been going on.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Just a clue: I have noticed that refrigerators and washing machines can acquire a horrible vibration if they are a little out of level. I'm sure there are other reasons, but this might be what has been going on.

You're right, but I don't think that's the problem here. When you open the door and look at the back wall there is a unit there that was all iced up inside. The guy removed that and replaced it when he was here a couple weeks ago. There's a fan blade inside that was hitting the ice which made all the noise.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Might be the same problem, then, and not de-icing properly.

Thought they carefully leveled it when it was installed, but worth checking out to make sure that hasn't changed. Or maybe we had defective bubbles in the level. Lately it seems that would be our luck.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ours failed in that way a couple years back. In our case, the freezer (bottom drawer) had been inadvertently left open an inch or so, and the system couldn't keep up with the defrost, locking up the fan which is supposed to circulate the cold air. Freezer was still cold, fridge portion not. Tech defrosted all with a heat gun (or hair dryer ;) ), replaced the board and all was well.

He never checked for level, so I'm not sure how critical that is.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
omgggggggggg I hate this computer! I keep typing and suddenly it highlights and deletes it all in a nano second! Anywayyyyyyyyy so no giant multiquote, y'all were spared that. I will certainly pass on the well wishes to his family, and will definitely bring updates to y'all when there are any. I did talk to Susan on the phone a bit ago. They are 1.5 to 2 hrs from Bradenton so are hoping in a week or so when their company leaves that they'll be able to go visit him.

And thank you so much for the love and saying you've missed me, that really means a lot to me. I miss y'all too and think of y'all a lot. I hated having to come back on with that kind of news, but knew y'all would be wondering about him. I figured he was still on pretty much everyday before this happened. He is so loved here, and loves y'all back so much!

And a couple of wahoooooooooooooooooooooo's!!! Congrats Misswish!!! (I need a new avatar) lol and Cathy, I saw that Geordie got a championship!! WTG!!! I was watching the Westminster show and thinking of you and Geordie! That Terv was nowhere near as purdy as he is!!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Might it be time to go to the store and speak with the "Store Manager" - not supervisor or anyone else in the 'Geek Squad" (When something went wrong at Best Buy - It worked for "Me" a couple of times ) . . . AND - If that does not work contact Best Buy executives by posting a complaint via their website/blog (About Best Buy - Best Buy Corporate News and Information) or better yet social media . . . As - I understand it has worked for a number of people . . .:thumbs:

Here is all the info Ya' NEED - Corporate Offices, Facebook/Twitter Account, etc :

Ya' can also find out info about how to get results on this advocates' website - "Elliot's Advocacy" too.

Hope the information is helpful . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

I may just take you up on your link. I went to Best Buy today and told the guy there why I was upset. He checked with his manager and said that Geek Squad is separate from Best Buy and I would have to call the 800 number for Geek Squad and ask for their manager. Best Buy sold the service contract. So much for that golden piece of incentive to buy from them. I told him what I thought of that and that I would never buy appliances from BB ever again if this is the kind of service they provide. I'm going to call Geek Squad on Monday and lodge a complaint and then may also contact people on that link.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I may just take you up on your link. I went to Best Buy today and told the guy there why I was upset. He checked with his manager and said that Geek Squad is separate from Best Buy and I would have to call the 800 number for Geek Squad and ask for their manager. Best Buy sold the service contract. So much for that golden piece of incentive to buy from them. I told him what I thought of that and that I would never buy appliances from BB ever again if this is the kind of service they provide. I'm going to call Geek Squad on Monday and lodge a complaint and then may also contact people on that link.

GOOD for "You" . . . However, did Ya' talk to the store manager - not service supervisor or manager . . . Usually they will take care of this type of situation . . . If not then YES - contact corporation office . . . AND - I would strongly suggest "telling" your story on their social media - major companies usually respond in a more positive way . . . Another thing to consider is asking that they cancel the "Geek Squad" service contract if they aren't going to up-hold their end of the deal and demand a refund . . . If they don't then report them to BBB (both Best Buy & Geek Squad) and if you purchase the appliance using a credit card ask them (the CC Company) to get involved and refund your money for the cancelled contract, especially if they refuse . . . Most CC will help and refund the money to you . . . While it may take a little effort, it's worth it if just for principle only . . . Just an Idea and Thought . . . ;)

OH BTW: Keep us updated . . . :D

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's chilly, but pleasant here at 27 degrees. It's not raining!

The guys are getting together for their annual Daytona party (complete with a standing rib roast lunch!) so the women are getting together separately. No reason we can't have fun too! We're having a smorgasbord!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
GOOD for "You" . . . However, did Ya' talk to the store manager - not service supervisor or manager . . . Usually they will take care of this type of situation . . . If not then YES - contact corporation office . . . AND - I would strongly suggest "telling" your story on their social media - major companies usually respond in a more positive way . . . Another thing to consider is asking that they cancel the "Geek Squad" service contract if they aren't going to up-hold their end of the deal and demand a refund . . . If they don't then report them to BBB (both Best Buy & Geek Squad) and if you purchase the appliance using a credit card ask them (the CC Company) to get involved and refund your money for the cancelled contract, especially if they refuse . . . Most CC will help and refund the money to you . . . While it may take a little effort, it's worth it if just for principle only . . . Just an Idea and Thought . . . ;)

OH BTW: Keep us updated . . . :D

I don't know which manager he spoke to and actually I don't care. The bottom line is they wouldn't deal with it. Depending on what I find out when I call Geek Squad on Monday I may light up social media. That's a good idea to look into cancelling the service contract, but I think we're approaching the end of it anyway. Wouldn't you know it though, the fridge has not made that noise again.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Thank you so much for letting us know. I had a bad feeling something was up with him. I pray he recovers completely.

As for you, is there no way to make using a computer easier?

I'm too anxious right now to talk much. I have one of those invasive doctor's appointments tomorrow. I'll be more talkative after that's over.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Thank you so much for letting us know. I had a bad feeling something was up with him. I pray he recovers completely.

As for you, is there no way to make using a computer easier?

I'm too anxious right now to talk much. I have one of those invasive doctor's appointments tomorrow. I'll be more talkative after that's over.

How are you doing? I hope all went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread