Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just rain here, and lots of it... sadly the freeze line will skyrocket today, so much of what's there will melt, and the usual places will be looking at flooding. And salmon crossings on a couple of highways.

2028953.gif

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
TY. Yeah, I think my first gear was faster than liked for this. I'm looking at Weighting the frontend down. 30lb looks like the thing.

Was an exceptional mess up here. Six inches, then sleet for 2hrs, then 6 more inches. Then the plowed junk. The plows gave up after a single pass and never came back or treated. Half of them are out per Covid.

Ariens sells a 10 pound bar for their snowblowers. I've seen on youtube DIY ones up to 20 pounds.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ariens sells a 10 pound bar for their snowblowers. I've seen on youtube DIY ones up to 20 pounds.
    yeah, I think they sell them mostly to offset the SnowCab weight if you get one of those. Expensive @ the manuf. sites. Think I'll just throw a small bag of playsand or something on there. Thanks...

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Anybody have special traditions for Christmas Eve?

Growing up my parents always had a midnight dinner for the adults. Dad worked the 4-12 shift so the adults would come to our house for a buffet dinner when he got home and then Christmas morning was just for us kids. That's not going to work for us due to our kids with 4 little ones living an hour away. Usually everyone comes here on Christmas day for a big dinner.

In addition to the C19 restrictions our Christmas is going to be especially complicated this year. Our son-in-law is a pilot and will be away until late on the 27th so Santa is due to arrive at their house on the 28th. Our daughter-in-law's grandmother just passed away so it looks like they'll be headed to her parent's house. Trying to get us all together probably won't happen until January 2. Rather than our daughter spending Christmas Eve alone she and the boys are coming here to spend the night. We'll treat ourselves to a steak dinner tonight and maybe just surprise the boys with 1 gift. Unfortunately it's going to be warm here with rain today and tomorrow so I guess we won't be going out to see the Christmas lights, but we'll have fun here. Maybe it'll turn into a new tradition.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a lovely one - well, as best we can with this virus. Thank goodness for electronics! FaceTime and Zoom etc has at least allowed families to visit virtually.

Our daughter and her 2 boys ( 2 and 4 yo) came to stay Christmas eve so we wouldn't be alone. (Their Dad was away until yesterday so they celebrated their Christmas today.) Anyway, Christmas Eve at 2:00 a.m. a storm blew through. 50 mph winds and torrential, driving rain! Both boys woke up crying and the dog needed to go out - all at once. Auntie Em! Auntie Em! It took about an hour to calm things down so that was interesting.

Our daughter brought their Elf on a Shelf and wedged it into a wall hanging after the boys went to bed. Hux got up in the morning and said, "Look at where your Elf is!" I said, "That's not my Elf. He must have followed you!" He wasn't sure whether to believe me, but sure enough, there was a present under the tree from Cheesy Poof (his name for the Elf). What a nice surprise! Then he couldn't wait until little brother got up so he could show him. Everyone will be here this Saturday to exchange gifts so we're having 2 Christmas's this year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread