Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
FYI:

tenor.gif

Personal Message from @DavidOck . . .

Don't be worried he has not left us - nor "Moved On" . . . Although - "Mother Nature" decided to give him a "time-out" by sending a strong enough wind storm a few days ago to silence his connection to the Internet (Down Trees and Wires - Very poor Cell phone reception too) . . . He wants everyone to know he and his "Family" are OKAY . . . AND - They're just waiting for the very overworked helpers of the incompetent companies that supply these services to get them reconnected to the "World" outside their little community . . . He should be back to ECF ASAP to continue to enlighten and illuminate "Us" all with his sophisticated & humorous daily prose . . . Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm home!

Well, that was fun. Not. But, in the bigger scheme of things, being without the net for 6 days is still better off than those who lost power and, in some cases, houses, to the storm last Tuesday night Wednesday AM. Our power was only out for a few hours - overnight. So we were able to get our morning coffee! We did have a few small trees come down, but the only thing they hit was the ground. :thumb: Lots of other debris, a couple days gathering that all up, and another day on the burn pile getting rid of that. The trees can wait, they're not in the way of anything. And will be another couple days making them small enough for the next burn...

Then, many days battling with the local telco that "wheels" my ISP. And my ISP putting pressure on them for me... finally restored last night. While next door neighbor got their net back last Wednesday night, when the land lines got restored. Uh, yeah, they pay the local directly, not via their ISP. Yeah, send the workers out twice to fix one location, makes good economic sense...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. It's only going up to 32 today so hopefully we won't have to go outside for much. Brrrrrr! Poor little birds look like cartoon puff balls.

Our daughter texted us a conversation she had with her 4 1/2 year old:
Me: I love you the most.
Hux: No I love you the most.
Me: No I love you the most.
Hux: No I love YOU sixteen pounds.

I just love it when they're old enough to have conversations with us! A little while ago he found a measuring tape and asked what it was for so she told him it was for measuring things. So he measured her head and told her it measured 6 o'clock.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Has anyone gotten their vaccinations yet? We're in Phase 1A and registered with the county to let us know when we can schedule an appointment to get ours, but haven't heard back yet. Mike spent a few hours online checking everywhere with no luck. One place had a waiting list of 5000 and the next day he couldn't even find that list. We have a sneaky suspicion they took it down...

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Our high today is going to be 27 and blustery, but at least the sun is shining. We're supposed to get a "big snow storm" starting Sunday night through Monday. 1-3" of sleet and snow. Gonna take a wild guess here and say it's mostly goin to be sleet. Wouldn't mind several inches of snow, but the sleet we can do without. Evidently it all depends on a Low front and what it decides to do. 49 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes and 10 seconds until Spring.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Lovely 10deg as I arrived at work this morning, bad news is the heat isn't working well in the office area - it's chilly!
More bad news - I suspected it might be cold at work and had thermal underwear set aside to bring in and of course I forgot it on the table at home.
Better news - I may use this as an excuse to go home early today!
TGIF. It's been a long week.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Lovely 10deg as I arrived at work this morning, bad news is the heat isn't working well in the office area - it's chilly!
    More bad news - I suspected it might be cold at work and had thermal underwear set aside to bring in and of course I forgot it on the table at home.
    Better news - I may use this as an excuse to go home early today!
    TGIF. It's been a long week.
    My vote is for leaving early. No fun to be cold.

NCC

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I'm home!

Well, that was fun. Not. But, in the bigger scheme of things, being without the net for 6 days is still better off than those who lost power and, in some cases, houses, to the storm last Tuesday night Wednesday AM. Our power was only out for a few hours - overnight. So we were able to get our morning coffee!
    Glad you're okay. A couple years ago we went two weeks without power and two months without internet after Hurricane Michael.
    All praise to the utility workers who gave it their all 24/7 until systems were restored. Someone upstream mentioned 'incompetence'. Screw that line of thought.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Yeah, the only real incompetence is up in management, not in the troops.

Some years back one of the major electric utilities here in the Sound decided to RIF their line crews. They decided that they only needed a few since they "don't do much" unless there's a bad storm. (Not true, but then, I'm not management!) Uh, yeah, next big storm they're calling the other utilities to borrow crews. Oh, sure, right after they get their customers lit up! :lol:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    It's been snowing here sine 6:30 this morning. Supposed to stop between 3:00-400. Then Wednesday into Friday we're supposed to get another 4-8". Seems like winter waited until February to dump on us. 40 days until Spring!!
    Same here Janet, lots of snow this week again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread