Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
For drop in coils, I recommend the CLR coils. They're rebuildable coils for the Joyetech Ego One tanks, Standard and Mega. They're fantastic coils and they're very easy to rebuild.

Which size matches up to the Provari the best? Can you rebuild them to 1.6?

I think I may have one of these in my old stash box (gotta check). The coils were not rebuildable so it got boxed up and forgotten...

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
By V5, I'm guessing you mean Kayfun V5? Have you actually tried them yet? Because they're supposedly more airy than KFL's and Protanks.

If you like the Protanks, I would guess the KFL would be perfect for you. They're getting hard to find. But, there are still some around. We can help you find them if you want some.

Yes the Kayfun V5 is what I was referring to. I have two of them - tried one once just as a test when I bought it - liked it, but boxed it up for later use as long as the drop in coils were working. Don't know what the KFL is... Kentucky Fried Liver??? LOL

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Which size matches up to the Provari the best? Can you rebuild them to 1.6?

Not a very good picture, but . . . .
The middle one is a standard size. About right on a Provari without a beauty ring.

The other 2 are Mega. The blue without a beauty ring. The black with a beauty ring.

So, a standard is best without a ring, and a mega is best with one.
Eggrolls800.jpg

Yes the Kayfun V5 is what I was referring to. I have two of them - tried one once just as a test when I bought it - liked it, but boxed it up for later use as long as the drop in coils were working. Don't know what the KFL is... Kentucky Fried Liver??? LOL
KFL = Kayfun Lite.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
But they work either way with or with out. I vape at 1.5 - 1.8. What do you vape at?
I've been using them on my Pico instead of Provari because they come at 1.0. Once I use them and re-coil them, I'll coil them at about 1.8.

But, with VW on a Pico, it doesn't matter how low they are. I just set it to about 7 - 7.5 watts and let the mod do the calculating for me.

IOW, I have not rebuilt one yet. I'm just going by the video.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
But, I've fallen in love with the CLR's. They're very good and are the easiest drop in coil to rebuild that I've ever seen.

Just slightly bigger Kanger single coil heads. Big enough to see :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Knock Knock - Who's there - Nobody - Nobody Who - Nobody posting that is...

Ya'll have just set a new record for no posting on the front porch...

Been hanging out by the mailbox waiting on the FT order I placed Nov 19th. Nov. 26th is was processed through Beijing and Nov 3rd processed through the USPS in NY ... been waiting 5 days now for it to travel the last 90 miles from NY to me.

I could just move next door to Mike and be set for life, but I am not sure he would appreciate it... (LOL)...

Hmm ... you go that right ... we've got a lot of KFL-Lites new in box that we're likely to have no use for. Both Janet and I are liking the KFL-Primes better. We have 3 now and are waiting on 3 more and I could see more in our future mainly for her and possibly splurge on another original too. I still like the KFV5s better but on my smaller mods I like the size of the Prime.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Hmm ... you go that right ...

Well, as soon as PA stops having real winters - I'll be there. I am so adverse to winter - since I started spending them in the Philippines... Suffering through this one since we have so much catching up with projects here that we can't disappear this winter to the Philippines so we can soak up the sun there... Trying to take care of the projects there from afar ain't no easy chore either...

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Well, as soon as PA stops having real winters - I'll be there. I am so adverse to winter - since I started spending them in the Philippines... Suffering through this one since we have so much catching up with projects here that we can't disappear this winter to the Philippines so we can soak up the sun there... Trying to take care of the projects there from afar ain't no easy chore either...
Plus some of the crazy stuff going on there, right now. Don't know if it might explode. Bad here, but different.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Been hanging out by the mailbox waiting on the FT order I placed Nov 19th. Nov. 26th is was processed through Beijing and Nov 3rd processed through the USPS in NY ... been waiting 5 days now for it to travel the last 90 miles from NY to me.

Hmm ... you go that right ... we've got a lot of KFL-Lites new in box that we're likely to have no use for. Both Janet and I are liking the KFL-Primes better. We have 3 now and are waiting on 3 more and I could see more in our future mainly for her and possibly splurge on another original too. I still like the KFV5s better but on my smaller mods I like the size of the Prime.
I still have a bunch of KFL+v2's. I like the v5 s better, too.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

The KFLs look similar to the V3.1s that I have. Other than a couple Bottom Feed tanks the V3.1 and V5s are all I am using. The deck on the V5 is very easy for me to build. Thanks again to everyone for recommending the Kayfuns. I really like them.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
that wuz for Semi, not you darlin :)

dangit, still having an issue with some of my quotes not showing up.......mebbe their cuttin me off :grr: as to the stamina thing.....my lil secret is........ it usually takes me 4-5 days, spread over a couple weeks to get caught up :facepalm:

Ah, thanks, sic it to Semi. :thumbs:

Drives me nuts when quotes don't show up, especially when I'm pages behind. You know you meant to thanks or reply to someone but you have no idea where or what it was. :(

Knock Knock - Who's there - Nobody - Nobody Who - Nobody posting that is...

Ya'll have just set a new record for no posting on the front porch...

I haven't been posting because I've been under the weather, which brings up a vaping/smoking question. When I used to get sick it would go straight to my lungs, park there and drop anchor. Rarely got much head congestion even with hay fever. Started vaping five years ago, got a cold last year and this year and the head congestion has been unreal. Anybody else have a similar experience or is it just me being weird again?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

Drives me nuts when quotes don't show up, especially when I'm pages behind. You know you meant to thanks or reply to someone but you have no idea where or what it was. :(

I haven't been posting because I've been under the weather, which brings up a vaping/smoking question. When I used to get sick it would go straight to my lungs, park there and drop anchor. Rarely got much head congestion even with hay fever. Started vaping five years ago, got a cold last year and this year and the head congestion has been unreal. Anybody else have a similar experience or is it just me being weird again?
That's me right now. No fever, but itchy, runny nose watery eyes. Nose is either stopped up or running. No chest congrestion. This is the first time I've been had cold of alleegy things since I started vaping.
Had to send Mom back to hospital yesterday morning. Her bp dropped suddenly while her PT was working with her & she was just limp on left side. Hand & arm on left were numb. EMT's said sounds like brought on by dehydration. She started a new diauretic & isn't drinking enough water.

Still waiting on FT order with SXK Prime KF & a couple of spinners. I've never used a spinner before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

Hey - Deb don't need no prodding...

Not really hear. Since I have started vaping - reduced problems. I did notice that my allergies were stronger this year. For the first few years of vaping I cut my allergy meds to almost nill, but I had to use them more this year - don't know if it is because my body has adjusted to vaping or that the allergy season was just stronger this year...

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hey - Deb don't need no prodding...

Not really hear. Since I have started vaping - reduced problems. I did notice that my allergies were stronger this year. For the first few years of vaping I cut my allergy meds to almost nill, but I had to use them more this year - don't know if it is because my body has adjusted to vaping or that the allergy season was just stronger this year...
It's been terrible this year. Everyone is having problems down here. I think Harvey blew in some stuff we aren't used to. Hoping this cold & snow kill it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread