Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
@MikeE3 if you put those SXK's on say the second or third hole from the smallest do they still put out good flavor and a good amount of vapor. I'm thinking maybe they would where these Sirens don't. Would they take a 3mm coil or do you need smaller on that build deck. It looks small.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
No wonder I haven't seen any alerts from this thread. Everyone must be busy.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
Hiya hun! Hey, when ya goin back to the VA? One of these years, we need to have that coffee!

We went today and got our 2018 medical insurance squared away, visited and had lunch with DH's mother (she's going to be 94 at the end of this month) and went and saw the movie Justice League in 3d. Took a day off from working.

To stay on topic, we had the theater to ourselves and I vaped away through the whole movie!
kewlios! and in case I'm not on here............happy vaperversary on Friday!!!!

I gotta find some more easy to rebuild tanks and stock up.
Howz about trying a squonker? Got a lotta cheap ones nowadays, and even lotza regulated ones. the O16 atty is really easy to build, cheap from FT, and comes ready for BF.

Well, I posted that ECF was wonky and it kicked me out and would not let me back in till now...
dat stinks! It seems a bit better now, but was actin really wonky when I first got on a bit ago

I may not be doing this right...
rut-roh. jup a lotta question marks there.

Boy; you got that right. Nothing like stray e-juice to wipe out labels.
Jup.......that's why I put packing tape over em. Not foolproof when I wash the bottle, but it surely does help if I get it on there with no wrinkles.

Other than a couple Bottom Feed tanks
?? this baffles me. don't understand the concept of bf tanks. they really have those?

I haven't been posting because I've been under the weather,
yuck.........hope you and hubby are both well really soon. Allergies have been awful here too.

Hey - Deb don't need no prodding..
laugh hand on mouth snicker med.gif
:wub:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Hiya hun! Hey, when ya goin back to the VA? One of these years, we need to have that coffee!

View attachment 705359 :wub:

Hey, Deb! I don't know when I'll get up to Temple again. Many of the things I'd end up at Temple for, they now do at the new center in Austin. And, since I live so far away from these facilities, I've been using Veteran's Choice and getting things done locally by civilian doctors. One day, I'm sure I'll end up having to go there. I'll be sure to get ahold of you and we'll have that coffee!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Hey, Deb! I don't know when I'll get up to Temple again. Many of the things I'd end up at Temple for, they now do at the new center in Austin. And, since I live so far away from these facilities, I've been using Veteran's Choice and getting things done locally by civilian doctors. One day, I'm sure I'll end up having to go there. I'll be sure to get ahold of you and we'll have that coffee!

oh kewl........glad you're getting things done closer to you. But jup..........when ya do head this way.......holler at me. :)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

Veterans choice seems to be getting good again, for a little while they were a little tight, money shortage, still can't get over not replacing my batteries in my power chair instead would get me a new chair but that was the VA. I told them I would take care of that before I realized a decent set of batteries was about $325 I don't think Medicare will help either because they didn't get it for me UHC did, but it is such a good chair I don't want a new one. They did come up with a lift that will lift it to the back of my outback, one problem with that is I have to remove the chair which is really easy for a normal person, but me and Ginny it would be kinda awkward and heavy, still easy to do, Pride made it so you can just use the quick disconnect and lift it off, stow it then lift the really heavy part into the back. It weighs 230 lbs. 2-12v batteries. So it wouldn't be for somewhere that there was a possibility of another way but still would be able to take it and use it. Even the therapist couldn't believe it. This is the VA not choice. Oh Well. They still do a good job.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Well some news on my Siren 2's. I thought just for the heck of it I would give Kanthal a try. Haven't used it in a couple years, anyway I did a 6 wrap 3mm 26ga Kanthal coil .88ohms. I'm at 12w and it is doing a good job. The flavor is a little different but still seemed to make a good diff. My other one I have a SS coil in it the same size so I tried that on power and seems to work well also plus the flavor is better. May give that a try in this one when I get the juice down a little. These are rebuildable without draining the juice but you have to have it down to about 1/2 tank or it leaks out the chimney.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I have no idea! I always buy my stuff during their Black Friday sale.

Hey, Deb! How ya doing?!
doing pretty good. Hope you are too. Jup I missed that one, and everyone was talkin about waiting for the Christmas sale.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Sheesh I'm going backwards back to a couple years ago. I used to think that was the best coil there was before I started using TC. Might just work on these things. My flavor is getting better now on the one I did so will try the other old one on the other and see. I forgot to glow it before wicking it and I think that is what happened with the flavor. Live and learn. Oh and I used another method I haven't used forever the bend and pull method with the tails and worked better then anything else I've tried. My finger is finally healed up from when I wacked it with the wire cutters trying to get the tail short enough.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I have a lot of wire and tried just about everything. For the last year, I've been using Ni80, dual 3mm, 6 wraps for about .35 ohms total. Works so well for me that I build everything the same. I do have a few single coil RDAs, and I'll do a parallel single, 2.5mm, and wraps vary with the room I have and still have room for wicking. I don't do TC, just power mode as it gives me the hits I like.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@MikeE3 if you put those SXK's on say the second or third hole from the smallest do they still put out good flavor and a good amount of vapor. I'm thinking maybe they would where these Sirens don't. Would they take a 3mm coil or do you need smaller on that build deck. It looks small.

@2legsshrt ... Pat, on the 3 dot air setting flavor and vapor are fine. You get an OK amount of vapor with a 'snug' feel to the draw. It's too tight for me at that setting (I use 5 dots) but its quite acceptable.

You could fit a 3mm coil in ... but it's liable to cut fill up the chamber when wicked and cut down on the airflow ... at least that's MHO.

Here's some pic's of a 2.5mm, 7 wrap, 29g Kanthal coil to see the clearance space you'll have for a 3mm coil.

Prime Coil 1.jpg

Prime Coil 2.jpg

Prime Coil 3.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
The chemical heart thing is just a stress test done chemically instead of on a treadmill for people who can't do the treadmill. Itvs also called a nuclear stress test. I've had one. No biggy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Nuclear?! :w00t: Okay, I'll take your word for it. I hope it went well for her. They just about killed me doing a stress test before they figured out the problem was a 90% blockage of the artery to the brain. Should have just nuked me. :)

My last FT order seems to be stalled in NY ... as of this morning it's still the same status as a week back.

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 3:27 pm on December 3, 2017.

Guess it's that time of year for the mail again too. Maybe I shouldn't expect it before March.

Another anniversary rolls by. Still keeping it simple.
Merry Christmas, guys!
View attachment 705231
Congratulations Nick! My #5 is this Friday. Feels good, eh?

Congratulations you two!
yay-happy-dog.png

I have no idea! I always buy my stuff during their Black Friday sale.

Hey, Deb! How ya doing?!

So you're the one that bought up all the AW batteries? :grr:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
?? this baffles me. don't understand the concept of bf tanks. they really have those?
I meant topper, not tank. My mind knew what I meant but my fingers did their own thing.

@2legsshrt ... Pat, on the 3 dot air setting flavor and vapor are fine. You get an OK amount of vapor with a 'snug' feel to the draw. It's too tight for me at that setting (I use 5 dots) but its quite acceptable.

You could fit a 3mm coil in ... but it's liable to cut fill up the chamber when wicked and cut down on the airflow ... at least that's MHO.

Here's some pic's of a 2.5mm, 7 wrap, 29g Kanthal coil to see the clearance space you'll have for a 3mm coil.

View attachment 705473

View attachment 705475

View attachment 705477
Nice!

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia

prime-coil-1-jpg.705473

When I see how nice your coils look compared to mine I have to remember you tie fishing flies as your favorite hobby and it makes me feel better. LOL

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA

View attachment 705473

View attachment 705475

View attachment 705477
Yep it looks to me that 2.5 would be the ticket in there. These Sirens have lot of room in them for even bigger then 3mm but I'm finding that they work a lot better with Kanthal then with TC and SS. The K5's even with the smallest MTL work great on TC. Must have to do with that Genesis build. I'm liking the one I did with 26ga Kanthal I'm going to change the other to that also. I would just about bet the Prime would work fine with TC. 26ga is the only size wire I have in SS Kanthal I have everyone from 26 to 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread