Older Folks and Vaping Front Porch - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Been hanging out by the mailbox waiting on the FT order I placed Nov 19th. Nov. 26th is was processed through Beijing and Nov 3rd processed through the USPS in NY ... been waiting 5 days now for it to travel the last 90 miles from NY to me.

Hmm ... you go that right ... we've got a lot of KFL-Lites new in box that we're likely to have no use for. Both Janet and I are liking the KFL-Primes better. We have 3 now and are waiting on 3 more and I could see more in our future mainly for her and possibly splurge on another original too. I still like the KFV5s better but on my smaller mods I like the size of the Prime.
Those are the SXK right Mike?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Not really hear. Since I have started vaping - reduced problems. I did notice that my allergies were stronger this year. For the first few years of vaping I cut my allergy meds to almost nill, but I had to use them more this year - don't know if it is because my body has adjusted to vaping or that the allergy season was just stronger this year...

Think you're right about that. I normally don't have a big problem with allergies but this year has been bad.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
That's me right now. No fever, but itchy, runny nose watery eyes. Nose is either stopped up or running. No chest congrestion. This is the first time I've been had cold of alleegy things since I started vaping.
Had to send Mom back to hospital yesterday morning. Her bp dropped suddenly while her PT was working with her & she was just limp on left side. Hand & arm on left were numb. EMT's said sounds like brought on by dehydration. She started a new diauretic & isn't drinking enough water.

Still waiting on FT order with SXK Prime KF & a couple of spinners. I've never used a spinner before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Yikes, I hope your mother is okay now. New meds are always fun. :(

Maybe when you haven't gotten sick for years, when you finally do the bug gets more than even with you. :grr:

Spinners are great when you need to use one. :) My only "complaint" about them is there is no way to know how much battery life is left in them. Always carry a backup when you leave the house.

Hey - Deb don't need no prodding...

Not really hear. Since I have started vaping - reduced problems. I did notice that my allergies were stronger this year. For the first few years of vaping I cut my allergy meds to almost nill, but I had to use them more this year - don't know if it is because my body has adjusted to vaping or that the allergy season was just stronger this year...

Allergy season here was through the roof due to all the rain we got last year. Vaping is no help in keeping the mosquitoes away or reducing the itchiness in your eyes. :( Other than that I rate it a 10. :thumb:

Deb does a great job, doesn't need any prodding. :lol:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Yikes, I hope your mother is okay now. New meds are always fun. :(

Maybe when you haven't gotten sick for years, when you finally do the bug gets more than even with you. :grr:

Spinners are great when you need to use one. :) My only "complaint" about them is there is no way to know how much battery life is left in them. Always carry a backup when you leave the house.

Allergy season here was through the roof due to all the rain we got last year. Vaping is no help in keeping the mosquitoes away or reducing the itchiness in your eyes. :( Other than that I rate it a 10. :thumb:

Deb does a great job, doesn't need any prodding. [emoji38]
Mom still in hospital. They'll do a chemical heart thing on her on Monday.
No itchy eyes, but if I fall asleep I open my eyes & they gush tears. This is mostly my nose. I am so thankful that it's not going toy chest like it used to do before I started vaping. That always happenef before.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
how do they compare

Both well made ... I probably couldn't tell them apart if it weren't the real one has a logo and the fake one doesn't. Oh ... and the Svoe Prime is polished a bit better if you look closely at the finish. Vape wise absolutely no difference I can detect.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I probably couldn't tell them apart if it weren't the real one has a logo and the fake one doesn't.

That is good that they did not copy the logo also - I have noticed that copy cats have curtailed the copying of logos recently. Still copies, but at least they are not trying to scam you into believing that they are the real thing.

I see so many people selling fakes on-line as the real thing - even when the copy does not even carry the logo or the logo is similar, but not even close to a copy. Does not stop the salesmen though from advertising them falsely.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Mom still in hospital. They'll do a chemical heart thing on her on Monday.
No itchy eyes, but if I fall asleep I open my eyes & they gush tears. This is mostly my nose. I am so thankful that it's not going toy chest like it used to do before I started vaping. That always happenef before.

Chemical heart thing sounds scary. :cry: I hope it goes well and she recovers quickly. Can't be easy on you either. Hang in there and you get well soon too.

Husband is now as sick as I was with the cold. Mostly in his nose too and he wasn't a smoker so that sinus congestion smoking/vaping theory's out the window. He thought he felt better yesterday and went to work, today he was even sicker than before and stayed home and will tomorrow too.

Made tiny order from FT, only thinks that were in stock... until I hit the order button. :grr: :lol: Forgot how much fun it is to shop at FT. :)

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Both well made ... I probably couldn't tell them apart if it weren't the real one has a logo and the fake one doesn't. Oh ... and the Svoe Prime is polished a bit better if you look closely at the finish. Vape wise absolutely no difference I can detect.
These Siren 2's are pretty good. One problem is they leak a little on the bottom but just on the base plate not into the 510, they are super easy to fill, just a quarter turn and the top is off but they don't put a lot of vapor out when dialed down but that may just be the nature of MTL, a little less then I would like, they are almost the same size as a Kabuki but 24mm, fit nicely on all my bases, but all in all a pretty good little tank, don't know how they would be with much thicker of a liquid, I'd like to go just a little higher on the VG because it smooths it out some. I think I am at around 60pg/40vg. Think I'd like more like 60/40 the other way. I am sure they would be fine. I was a little leary of how they would wick pulling the juice up around maybe 3/4 of an inch but they do just fine. KGD works fine.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Chemical heart thing sounds scary. :cry: I hope it goes well and she recovers quickly. Can't be easy on you either. Hang in there and you get well soon too.

Husband is now as sick as I was with the cold. Mostly in his nose too and he wasn't a smoker so that sinus congestion smoking/vaping theory's out the window. He thought he felt better yesterday and went to work, today he was even sicker than before and stayed home and will tomorrow too.

Made tiny order from FT, only thinks that were in stock... until I hit the order button. :grr: [emoji38] Forgot how much fun it is to shop at FT. :)
The chemical heart thing is just a stress test done chemically instead of on a treadmill for people who can't do the treadmill. Itvs also called a nuclear stress test. I've had one. No biggy.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Made tiny order from FT

My last FT order seems to be stalled in NY ... as of this morning it's still the same status as a week back.

Your item has been processed through our facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 3:27 pm on December 3, 2017.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Another anniversary rolls by. Still keeping it simple.
Merry Christmas, guys!
SimplePleasures5th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread