Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
?????

s-l300.jpg

Looks a bit small to sit on...
Sometimes, people with coccyx bone problems sit on donuts.

Welcome. Our porch is virtual so you can sit where ya want...
You can sit virtually anywhere you want.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
The reasons I have discovered to why juice darkens toward the bottom of a almost empty tank is that your vaping at a higher power so the chimney or metal is heating up thus caramelizing the juice, the less juice in the atty to dissipate the heat just gets hot and darkens. The other is your coil is cocooned and time to replace..your having to heat up the cocoon in order to vaporize the juice and again heating up all the surrounding area burning the juice and extra stress on the batts. Don't salvage the couple mls of dark juice, all it will do is contaminate the new juice turning it dark along with giving it a off taste in time. Toss that dark juice. I get a ring of dark juice along the bottom that looks like its oozing from the juice holes in my STM's..tell tale sign that the coil is toasted. Using rayon and not having the wick plug up until dryhits the dark ring besides the burnt taste is my only sign of the coil being spent.
Absolutely. A dirty atomizer (wick clogged with burnt e-juice, or especially clogged with the particulate matter in darker e-juices) will need to run hotter and be hot longer than a clean atomizer. This is one place where flavorless e-juice saves me a lot of atomizer replacement. I can get months from my atomizers; I have one that is going on a year, I think. (When they go that long it is easy to lose track.) A dry burn (on my last non-TC rig) can drastically reduce atomizer life by charring the remaining juice inm the wick.

Naturally, folks who use coil-and-wick rigs can just pull a fresh wick through, but us one-piece atomizer users must be more careful.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Morning everyone! My wife and I are back from several days in Savannah touring the historic district. We caught the Ghost Tour the night before we left. That was kind of interesting. They take you on a bus all over the historic district and tell you all the eerie stories associated with various homes and then give you a walking tour through the Sorrell-Weed house, which is one of those house with a strange history of ethereal presences.

Back on Ecigs ...

I see the darkness in some of my juices, but the ones that darken noticeable are flavors as opposed to my unflavored mixes. Unflavored for me stays almost clear in a tank with hardly even a yellow tint. But that's with 3mg/ml juice. The nic itself could be a factor in some juices. Heat from the chimney has to have some warming affect on the juice outside of it.

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I liked the off topic,that seems interesting. I have never been to Savannah but I will before I can move around no more.

Back to topic: I have read that the yellowing is sign of nicotine degradation. I don't for sure, I go through 100 ml of my mix fast enough that my eyes can't detect a color change. The nic I have in a freezer is always clear.

Morning everyone! My wife and I are back from several days in Savannah touring the historic district. We caught the Ghost Tour the night before the left. That was kind of interesting. They take you on a bus all over the historic district and tell you all the stories associated with various homes and then give you a walking tour through the Sorrell-Weed house, which is one of those house with a strange history.

Back on Ecigs ...

I see the darkness in some of my juices, but the ones that darken noticeable are flavors as opposed to my unflavored mixes. Unflavored for me stays almost clear with hardly even a yellow tint. But that's with 3mg/ml juice. The nic itself could be a factor in some juices.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Hey you guys who got the free nic how long did you have to wait. I think I ordered mine Friday and it hasn't shipped yet, Nah I forgot it's going 1st class so don't really get a lot of updates with informed delivery till it hits somewhere. Yep just looked it up shipped yesterday, I got the smooth thought I would give that a try, IDK still worried, still coughing up pink phlegm. Not good, not good at all I feel a whole lot better taking this Mucinex but something is causing this wish they could figure out what exactly.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hey you guys who got the free nic how long did you have to wait. I think I ordered mine Friday and it hasn't shipped yet, Nah I forgot it's going 1st class so don't really get a lot of updates with informed delivery till it hits somewhere. Yep just looked it up shipped yesterday, I got the smooth thought I would give that a try, IDK still worried, still coughing up pink phlegm. Not good, not good at all I feel a whole lot better taking this Mucinex but something is causing this wish they could figure out what exactly.
Mucinex is supposed to loosen the mucus so you can cough it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Mucinex is supposed to loosen the mucus so you can cough it out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yup I just don't like that it is pink. Doc said don't worry about it unless there is a 1/2 cup. She said that all my lungs have been through with the infection and the radiation she is not surprised at all.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
hi guys very belated thanks for the congrats on the 5th vapeversary! I completely missed it LOL!

Life has been pretty busy and tough for me the last several months so I have not been around ECF much. I do think about and miss you guys often.

Since right before Christmas I have been dealing with my mother's declining health and eventual death (and all that goes with that). Things are slowly sorting out but it is taking some time to even get through the things I need to do. I haven't had much time to deal with the emotional side much yet. It will come when it comes. I have some high nic juice around for just that emergency.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope to be back with you guys on a regular basis soon.

MANY Hugs from an over tired and stressed purple kitty.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
hi guys very belated thanks for the congrats on the 5th vapeversary! I completely missed it LOL!

Life has been pretty busy and tough for me the last several months so I have not been around ECF much. I do think about and miss you guys often.

Since right before Christmas I have been dealing with my mother's declining health and eventual death (and all that goes with that). Things are slowly sorting out but it is taking some time to even get through the things I need to do. I haven't had much time to deal with the emotional side much yet. It will come when it comes. I have some high nic juice around for just that emergency.

I hope everyone is doing well and hope to be back with you guys on a regular basis soon.

So glad to see your post. Will be praying for you and your family.
prayer candle.jpg

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

{{{{{{{Myrany}}}}}}}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread