P4U/ IPV3 150w Owners Discussion / A Place to Discuss Concerns and Performance of the IPV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The new versions have the charging port plugged, and eciggity did a voluntary recall on the charger. So charging your batts will be the same as the sig in the later versions.

If its like mine, the charging circuit isnt even in it.

politbureau

Sep 24, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hate to say it, but it's the best VW device I've used so far.

Gripes
- wattage does not need 0.1 accuracy below 100W
- display could be bigger - or do without 'W' logo for more room
- battery percentage
- would be nice to see 0.xx accuracy for resistance and voltage
- puff timer (not counter) would be nice, love this feature on the Evic
- back plate could be magnetic
- battery meter delay so we don't see sag
- charger should be included (or specifications provided!)
- 22mm attys overhand bevelled edges (should have been 1-1.5mm wider)

Issues with other mods I own:

SMY180
- does not fire <0.5 ohm
- screen flashes irritatingly
- has a huge delay when pressing fire button
- non-adjustable 510
- missed opportunity to flush mount the 510 and allow 26650 devices to sit flush (device is 30mm wide)

Cloupor ZNA50
- does not regulate AT ALL under 0.8-1 ohm (ie useless)
- voltage varies up to 0.4v every time button is pressed
- finicky 510 adjustment

Cloupor T6/T8
- not even remotely accurate (15-22w below setting)
- low amp limit means can not fire low resistance loads above 60-80w
- finicky 510 adjustment

As an all-rounder, it's still the best device I've tried, particularly for sub and super-sub ohm loads.

Last edited:

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
I don't think I'll regret the IPV.

I've been trying to decide between it and the Sigelei 100w Plus and Sig150w, for months.

I just joined an "Owner's Group" on Facebook, and somebody posted a pic of the SX chip at 165watts, and ohm-display accuracy updates to hundreths/0.01 ohms!!
... He said this upgrade will be available to the IPV3 in early December!! The 0.01 ohm upgrade alone makes me extremely happy I grabbed 1, if this is true.
:D
I'm just bummed I got the new version with charging disabled, and the screws will be a pain.

But I don't think I'll regret buying the IPV3 over the Sig's if that update is true. Got a great deal (cheapest I've heard of), can't wait til it's here!

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think I'll regret the IPV.

I've been trying to decide between it and the Sigelei 100w Plus and Sig150w, for months.

I just joined an "Owner's Group" on Facebook, and somebody posted a pic of the SX chip at 165watts, and ohm-display accuracy updates to hundreths/0.01 ohms!!
... He said this upgrade will be available to the IPV3 in early December!! The 0.01 ohm upgrade alone makes me extremely happy I grabbed 1, if this is true.
:D
I'm just bummed I got the new version with charging disabled, and the screws will be a pain.

But I don't think I'll regret buying the IPV3 over the Sig's if that update is true. Got a great deal (cheapest I've heard of), can't wait til it's here!

What owner group on fb did you find?

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
165w Upgrade is posted. Already updated mine and it works. you do need to remove the . in 0.08ohm in the file name and add .sxi extension to the upgrade file for it to work.

Snapshot_20141129.jpg

product upgrate_Download_Green Leaf Electronic Cigarette -

sorry for crappy pic.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
If its like mine, the charging circuit isnt even in it.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

"IPV Owners Global".. had to ask permission to join but was granted right away. Somebody else.posted a pic of it saying "December 5th release", can't find any info or links on it, which is odd if it's true

I'll check out the group. I saw that upgrade went live earlier. I am giving it a few to see if there are any glitches or issues that may arise as my ipv3 works great but I want the more precise ohm and volt reading.

Last edited:

jonny45378

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Arizona
Does anyone have the link or instructions as to how to upgrade the ipv3? I don't have the user manual with me at the moment. Thank you!

From reddit user the0ckid82 in this thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...t_fyi_the_ipv3_165_watt_08_ohm_update_is_out/

for anyone one who needs instructions here you go
first download and install this Download - SXI-60W-software-20140808[1]
then download this file http://www.pioneer4you.com/data/article/1417136803311769852.zip[2]
extract the file some where you can find it
find the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm and rename it to ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now take your ipv3 and take the batteries out
once they are out plug it in to your computer
open the program you installed from the first file it should be called sxi
once the program starts click connection and install the driver follow the prompts. once the driver is installed click return
back on the main screen of the program now click upgrade
click open file and load the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now press the upgrade button. once it finishes close the program and unplug your ipv3
put the batteries back in and turn it on you should be good to go

jonny45378

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Arizona
From reddit user the0ckid82 in this thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...t_fyi_the_ipv3_165_watt_08_ohm_update_is_out/

for anyone one who needs instructions here you go
first download and install this Download - SXI-60W-software-20140808[1]
then download this file http://www.pioneer4you.com/data/article/1417136803311769852.zip[2]
extract the file some where you can find it
find the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm and rename it to ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now take your ipv3 and take the batteries out
once they are out plug it in to your computer
open the program you installed from the first file it should be called sxi
once the program starts click connection and install the driver follow the prompts. once the driver is installed click return
back on the main screen of the program now click upgrade
click open file and load the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now press the upgrade button. once it finishes close the program and unplug your ipv3
put the batteries back in and turn it on you should be good to go
On my computer it says the site is not available. Was it taken down?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Quite, quite impressed with the IPV3. I bought it last week and have been vaping it extensively since I got it. I also did the upgrade, which upgraded easily, and I am a fan. I have done quite a bit of testing with an inline meter and have found it to be extremely accurate with the output voltage. It has produced the voltage it reads throughout the battery charge quite well and is another example of good engineering on YiHi's part I think (I also love their SX350 and have a lot experience with it). I discount the touch sensor not working since I knew t was not going to, although I wish it wasn't there a all. But not a big deal since I had no expectation of it working before I bought it. Mine also has the charge port plugged with an aluminum plug, so I had no initial impression that it would be chargeable with an external charger. Knowing these 2 things I bought it with this knowledge and have found it to be a very good mod with excellent regulation. And at a very reasonable price.

I haven't vaped it beyond 100 watts, and really have no intention of doing so at this point. So if it doesn't regulate well beyond 100w I guess it doesn't really matter to me, but I don't have any reason to believe it won't regulate well. Maybe some of you that have tested beyond 100w could let me know. But for the $115.00 I paid for it, this mod is stellar in my opinion. I really like the significant spring tension on the batteries and feel this is important to achieve good voltage supply to the SX330 chip so it has the power available to do it's magic.

The one upgrade I will be doing to this box is magnet back cover modification. Not that the screws don't work well... they do, but I would really prefer magnets for ease of use.

Really impressed. Great job by P4Y and YiHi.

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Excellent review jazzman!!. Made me more excited that I got one, should be here tomorrow!
... Hey, any info on the magnet upgrade you plan on doing??

I joined this "IPV Owners Group" on Facebook, and this guy offered to send free magnets (sets of 4) to this first 25 ppl who replied his post, with instructions how to install them. I think I was like #23; but the guy said twice that he'd PM everyone about it, over a week or ago. Not sure if it's really gonna happen.

You could PM me. Thanks!
:)

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Got a mine today! Haven't played with it too much but I like it. It is realllyyy big, as expected, holding two 18650s. I wish the edges were grooved a bit or something to make it feel more comfortable in the hand. I might be too embarrass to bring this tank out in public lol.. Still getting used to the size, it's also my 1st box mod.
:p
Hey, how wobbly are the threads on yours, when screwing down an atty?
... I noticed mine wiggle a bit until it's screwed all the way down. But I checked my mech and Vision Spinner, and those threads wobble even more with the same atty's.. shouldn't be a prob.

Also I noticed that the door can wiggle a tiny bit back and forth if I push it, even with the screws (phillips) screwed all the way in. Not an issue, but can any of yours do this?

Other than that, great build quality. But it's huge and I'll probably never go over 50w - kind of wishing I got the 2S version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread