P4U/ IPV3 150w Owners Discussion / A Place to Discuss Concerns and Performance of the IPV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey not to spoil it for you, but that texture is on the inside of my plain old black IPV3 too -- I do not think its carbon fiber. It looks like just the pattern they chose to have on the back. When i first saw it I thought it looked like a 3d printing pattern ;-) but I think its just something from the mold they used.
I had the vr150 plus carbon fiber, its the exact same carbon fiber pattern. So it seems there all carbon fiber wrapped on the inside then.
The carbon fiber vr150 plus is a carbon fiber wrap glued into a recess. That's partially why I got a thinman this time. I wanted something unique that I couldn't just do my self at home to the Ipv3.

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
From reddit user the0ckid82 in this thread, http://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...t_fyi_the_ipv3_165_watt_08_ohm_update_is_out/

for anyone one who needs instructions here you go
first download and install this Download - SXI-60W-software-20140808[1]
then download this file http://www.pioneer4you.com/data/article/14171368033....9852.zip[2]
extract the file some where you can find it
find the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm and rename it to ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now take your ipv3 and take the batteries out
once they are out plug it in to your computer
open the program you installed from the first file it should be called sxi
once the program starts click connection and install the driver follow the prompts. once the driver is installed click return
back on the main screen of the program now click upgrade
click open file and load the file ipv3-upgrate-165w-0.08ohm.sxi
now press the upgrade button. once it finishes close the program and unplug your ipv3
put the batteries back in and turn it on you should be good to go

Anyone else having trouble doing the upgrade? When I click on the pioneer4you link i get page not found. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JaydeeEm

Oct 24, 2014
Oshkosh, WI
Hey guys,

Just purchased myself a IPV3 last night with a Mutation v2 on it... so far I'm enjoying although I've read a lot of people complaining or not happy with the product. I havent read any of the posts in this thread yet but I intend too, but I just have a quick question; Should I, or is it worth it to download the 165w upgrade? I haven't done any updates on it yet and I'm enjoying it at 50w.

Thoughts?

Wern314

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania

Sorry I'm so lost trying to do this upgrade. So I downloaded the files to a folder. I'm assuming I need a program that can unzip the sxi-60w file because this is the message that pops up on my screen. Please any help is really appreciated. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419361979.933303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaydeeEm

Oct 24, 2014
Oshkosh, WI
I'd like to add a quick note If you build this device on the low like .3 to .1 it performs like a raped ape and I mean really performs It can't reach a true 150 watts on a coil build above .33 but I'm telling you if you want to try that 150 watts get a mutation x or doge because there won't be enough air on many other devices to experience it trust me I vape at 90 on my normal rda's with a .2 ohm build and 135 average on the mutation x unless I'm doing cloud chasing videos then it's right up to 150 and it's plenty powerful.

I just got mine yesterday and I have it at .2 ohms with Mutation X v2 and it will crush your chest with ease, This man speaks the TRUTH

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry I'm so lost trying to do this upgrade. So I downloaded the files to a folder. I'm assuming I need a program that can unzip the sxi-60w file because this is the message that pops up on my screen. Please any help is really appreciated. View attachment 398316

Idk the upgrade procedure and whether or not it needs to be unzipped from the get go, but winrar will unzip it as it is a .rar file.

IXIShogunR1

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2014
VA
Hey guys,

Just purchased myself a IPV3 last night with a Mutation v2 on it... so far I'm enjoying although I've read a lot of people complaining or not happy with the product. I havent read any of the posts in this thread yet but I intend too, but I just have a quick question; Should I, or is it worth it to download the 165w upgrade? I haven't done any updates on it yet and I'm enjoying it at 50w.

Thoughts?

other then 165w from the upgrade, you also get an update display which i like better then the stock one. voltage and ohms go down to 100ths instead of just 10ths

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
I think I might finally upgrade mine tomorrow. I've only had it for like 3 weeks now lol :)

I really like it. It's a really solid device, and seems VERY accurate! Battery life is insane, and it holds a ton of POWER. Looks pretty cool too - just wish that useless touch sensor and blocked charge port weren't there. Wish I got black instead of silver too lol, TS would probably be less noticeable, and it looks better IMO. The finish is scratching up, in a circle where my atty's are, also..

I'm still kind of wishing I got the 2X though instead of the IPV3 though. I'm starting to getting used to it, but these things are really BIG!! A bit too big for me, and that's from somebody who got an eVic a few months into vaping.
..... The batteries have been lasting me like 2-3 days + lol, using mainly the IPV all day. And I'll NEVER use that much power, 70-100 watts would have more than enough. I find myself vaping mainly between 25-35watts, haven't enjoyed anything much over 40w; even on my new CLT2.
I'm really loving my BILLOW Tank on her though!!
Vapes amazingly, and it looks cool - my only atty that fits the IPV3 proportion lol. My 1st RTA, the Billow really rocks!! :p :vapor:
Can't wait for my Atlantis to get here!

Anyways; honestly I think I might try to sell my IPV3 and get an IPV2X.. I thought it would be nice to have, but I don't need this much battery life. And DEFINITELY don't need all this power.
I might also grab a Sigelei 100w + (seem to be really popular here) or Sig150w to go with it, hehe - performance may be slightly less, but I really think those mods look a LOT cooler. Plus, they are Sigelei's ..
;)

Last edited:

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
So I tried the IPV Mini today at a local vape shop, and got to hold the Sig150w in my hand.. Now I'm really wanting to sell my IPV3, and grab the Mini & the Sig150.. The Mini is such a cool leak look, it's small and fits great in the hand. And has the great accuracy that IPV's have, and 30w which is good for most of my coils. And the Sig150 just looks cooler than the IPV3 IMO, has strong MAGNETS on the door, is a tiny bit smaller than the 3, and cool black look - seems like a great mod.

The Atlantis will be here tomorrow, and I'm also regretting getting that; after finally getting to try the Subtank today.. I've tried the Atlantis before, but the flavor on the Subtank was AMAZING. And clouds just as big and thick from what I remember.
.... Plus, people are saying the Atlantis coils are unsafe now. And the Subtank holds so much more juice.

Despite it's big size, the Subtank actually looked really cool ontop of my relative's new gunmetal IPV Mini.. I might contact the website tonight, and try to exchange my Atlantis for the Subtank, before I get it lol. And start trying to sell my IPV3. Maybe I'll just keep them all, and buy the new gear anyway heh.

Man, it seems like I've been having buyers remorse and regretting every vape purchase I make lately :facepalm:

I recently bought the ipv3 and so far I love it.
The consistent vape, everything.
The only problem I've encountered so far is getting used to it's weight and shape. I've dropped it 3 times already :(
Does anyone know of any companies making a case for the box itself? Ideally some kind of fat rubber case like the Otter cases for iPhones?
It would be amazing to keep such a pricey investment safe from my own clumsiness :/
thanks -xggx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread