P4U/ IPV3 150w Owners Discussion / A Place to Discuss Concerns and Performance of the IPV3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I got the black one. Still not what I consider a true black color. Has a slight greyish to it. Next to my black Cloupor, the Cloupor is definitely black.

HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416753253893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416753253893.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 48
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416753325270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416753325270.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 47

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Does any one know any thing about the carbon fiber IPV3 VR150+ version. I Just got one at a local B&M a few days ago, but cant find any thing online about this version. It has the charge port blocked off and has a VR150+ logo on it rather than the pioneer4you logo.
So far I love it and can easily vape at 100+ watts with my stillare at 0.18Ohm if I want to go through a bottle of juice in an hour lol. I've found about 60w to be great for casual vaping on it.
WP_20141123_001.jpg
WP_20141123_004.jpg

NightSky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
California
So frustrated at the moment, been trying for 45 minutes to get these hex screws undone. I stop before I'm stripping it, but wow this tool they give you is trash.

edit: one screw out and my fingers are sore > . < I'll keep toying with it ugh

edit: Still can't remove top screw. Pretty .......

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Does any one know any thing about the carbon fiber IPV3 VR150+ version. I Just got one at a local B&M a few days ago, but cant find any thing online about this version. It has the charge port blocked off and has a VR150+ logo on it rather than the Pioneer4you logo.
So far I love it and can easily vape at 100+ watts with my stillare at 0.18Ohm if I want to go through a bottle of juice in an hour lol. I've found about 60w to be great for casual vaping on it.
View attachment 391653
View attachment 391654

I was under the impression that that version was a version made for Vapor Range. The ones I saw before on their site did not have a plug in the charging port though. I just looked and it does indeed have the charging port disabled. Vapor Range | Pioneer4You IPV3 VR-150 Plus 150 Watt Carbon Fiber Variable Voltage Wattage Box Mod - Pioneer4You - Variable Voltage Your Online Vape Store for Mechanical Mods , Rebuildable Dripper RBA's RDA's , and Juice

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
So frustrated at the moment, been trying for 45 minutes to get these hex screws undone. I stop before I'm stripping it, but wow this tool they give you is trash.

Do you have a different allen wrench? The ones that came with it suck and is hard to get much leverage.

NightSky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
California
Do you have a different allen wrench? The ones that came with it suck and is hard to get much leverage.

I've dug up two sets of allen wrenches, and a couple loose ones. Two boxes of small screwdriver bits.

I've tried all that looked close, being careful not to strip it. None are quite the right size. I've tried force, duct tape, the rubber band method. It's not coming out. Its really dumb of them to send you a tool that doesn't even work.

I set it down so I didn't throw it at a wall or something > . < I'll take it into my local vapeshop later if I have to, its just really silly that I'd have to.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've dug up two sets of allen wrenches, and a couple loose ones. Two boxes of small screwdriver bits.

I've tried all that looked close, being careful not to strip it. None are quite the right size. I've tried force, duct tape, the rubber band method. It's not coming out. Its really dumb of them to send you a tool that doesn't even work.

I set it down so I didn't throw it at a wall or something > . < I'll take it into my local vapeshop later if I have to, its just really silly that I'd have to.

Once you get both allen head screws out change em for the extra phillips screws it came with.

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Thanks for the info Fictitious Character. Guess the B&M I got mine from got it from Vapor Range. Not to surprising as I live in the L.A area and Vapor Range isn't far from me.

Np. Seems weird that they call that the "Plus" version as they take more things off of it. When that model was first announced it was suppose to have a working touch sensor and then was changed. I have speculated that the charger is the reason why the TS does not work as they are essentially located in the same area.

Does the TS work on your plus version? I know the site says it is disabled but I am curious as you are the first guy I have had a chance to speak to that has one.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia

L is usually able to think his way out of problems.

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Np. Seems weird that they call that the "Plus" version as they take more things off of it. When that model was first announced it was suppose to have a working touch sensor and then was changed. I have speculated that the charger is the reason why the TS does not work as they are essentially located in the same area.

Does the TS work on your plus version? I know the site says it is disabled but I am curious as you are the first guy I have had a chance to speak to that has one.

Sadly it does not. I can enable and disable it as far as the chip is concerned, but pressing on the sensor does nothing.
I'm tempted to open it up to see if they actually removed the charging circuit or just blocked the plug off.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Sadly it does not. I can enable and disable it as far as the chip is concerned, but pressing on the sensor does nothing.
I'm tempted to open it up to see if they actually removed the charging circuit or just blocked the plug off.

Yeah mine is the same way. I was one of the pre-order guys and was disappointed to find out about the TS after it shipped. Here is a good look at the insides of the IPV3 caution though there is a sketchy nick in the wire on this one that might make you even more tempted to crack yours open. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/613210-ipv3-closer-look.html

dragonsdeath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah mine is the same way. I was one of the pre-order guys and was disappointed to find out about the TS after it shipped. Here is a good look at the insides of the IPV3 caution though there is a sketchy nick in the wire on this one that might make you even more tempted to crack yours open. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/613210-ipv3-closer-look.html

Well it would be more appropriate to call mine the VR150-. Just as I was about to peal the sticker off the allen screw inside and void the warranty I noticed I could see through where the batteries go. Mine is gutted, there is nothing in it. I can see right through the touch sensor.

Would I still buy it? Yes. I'm very happy with it, it performs great and I prefer the look and feel of it over the Sigelei, of which I compared both side by side in hand at time of purchase.
In my toying around with it, it performs as stated by Pioneer4you. Right now I've got a 0.3Ohm build on it and it will go to 150w at 7.1v. Can I vape that hell no lol it killed my lungs when I tried, but the device will do it.

Only thing I'm not sure of is how the amp draw on the batteries work out on this thing. I've only had single battery mech's to this point.
Do the amps double because of two batteries or does it divide the amp load between the two batteries?
I got a new pair of LG He4's to go with it and want to make sure I'm safe with them.

I guess to clarify my question. this is my current build on it, so is each battery putting out 11.8a or is it being devided between the two drawing basically 6a from each battery?
Voltage (E): 3.8
Current (I): 11.8a
Resistance (R): 0.32
Watts (W) 44.9

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I'm in love with this device. Years ago when I first went into VV mods, it was for the express purpose of vaping " everything" that was on the market. Short of having adapters for 808, 901, ect.. That's what a vv device allowed you to do. Then came my lovely dual coils, and I found myself hitting the amp cutoff limit on my mods. Then came rebuildables, and I needed more power. I'm just thankful I got to experience the Orchid v4 before I dropped the $300 I had set back for the provari 3. I have enough power to run .2 ohm dual coil set up and 140 watt fog a room, or I can turn that same build all the way down to 7 watts. Versatility ....

7 watts to 150 watts: it will truly do it all.

AquaLung22

Moved On
Sep 3, 2014
NY
Just got an IPV3 for about $97 shipped!! From eciggity with the black Friday sale (and $200 worth of other gear).
.... was gonna get the Sig Plus but changed my mind last second, hopefully I don't regret it because I liked the way the Sig looked better! And hope I don't regret getting the silver IPV instead of black.
:p
The charger for it was out of stock unfortunately. Will a different charger work, or is it not recommended to even charge internally?

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Just got an IPV3 for about $97 shipped!! From eciggity with the black Friday sale (and $200 worth of other gear).
.... was gonna get the Sig Plus but changed my mind last second, hopefully I don't regret it because I liked the way the Sig looked better! And hope I don't regret getting the silver IPV instead of black.
:p
The charger for it was out of stock unfortunately. Will a different charger work, or is it not recommended to even charge internally?
The new versions have the charging port plugged, and eciggity did a voluntary recall on the charger. So charging your batts will be the same as the sig in the later versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread