Rush Limbaugh chimes in on e-cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I don't care what he stands for,,,,I find him rude, boorish, and offensive. but it's a free country,,,,,he can say what he wants to.

And yes,,,,I've listened enough to make that call for myself.
Rush's call screeners are very happy to take calls from liberals, if they are throwing soft balls.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
It's funny, in the new members' section, this discussion is mostly about the vaping aspect, in this one, it's mostly about what we think of Rush. No comment from me on Rush's agenda, I go to ECF to read about vaping, not politics or celebrities.

Copying my comments from the other thread. Because I'm lazy.

Rush is in his 60's, has long been a cigar smoker, and has had his share of health issues. A strong personality celebrity that promotes vaping is good for the vaping community. I hope he is able to stay away from tobacco. If he backslides, his comments about vaping could be less than helpful.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
It's funny, in the new members' section, this discussion is mostly about the vaping aspect, in this one, it's mostly about what we think of Rush. No comment from me on Rush's agenda, I go to ECF to read about vaping, not politics or celebrities.

Rush is in his 60's, has long been a cigar smoker, and has had his share of health issues. A strong personality celebrity that promotes vaping is good for the vaping community. I hope he is able to stay away from tobacco. If he backslides, his comments about vaping could be less than helpful.
I agree. Rush is a strong celebrity in support of non-smoking. However, his attempts to quit smoking have included abuse of prescription drugs. Not the best role model, IMHO.

Marvin & Sennie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Love it and yeah I'm a minority too because I like Rush. No I don't always agree with him but he's not afraid to go against the popular majority whatever that happens to be at that time. I like and respect people who are who they are and refuse to bow and drink the koolaid because I'm kinda like that.

jaybob

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Iowa

Maybe some of you jaded veterans could learn something from this.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

You noticed that too? :laugh: I'll stick to the new members thread.

jaybob

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Iowa
That's because the experienced vapers know about vaping. The extra-vaping BS is of little use to them, like who does what and why. When an outsider like Rush puts himself into the vaping picture the experienced vapers ask why?

Rush didn't quit smoking by vaping, he quit by abusing alcohol and OxyContin.

And the personal hate vendetta goes on....

jaybob

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Iowa
Let's keep it civil and keep personal attacks out.

Don't know why you are quoting me. All I have done is have a different opinion than yzer. Much like Rush's opinions are different than his. Green Shirt/Redshirt. Mine are no more valid than his. Just different.

Of course I could agree with him...but then we would both be wrong! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread