Stop the presses, new lavatube 3.0 is about to hit with a 4 amp limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neloish

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Look's like Ivape is getting a new new Lavatube!

"Here are some pix from the factory before they shipped last night.

Photo Album - Imgur
you've seen what I've seen.
Edit: Specs
On/Off (Small Power Button): Press for 5 times to lock the device Press for 5 times to unlcok the device ; Frist times to fix the battery ;need press five times to unlocked
Press for 1 times to test the resistance ;

• Button: On press, increases voltage by .1 increment between 3volt and 6 volt. When you reach 6 volts, the user starts back at 3 volts
  • Button: On press, decreases voltage by .1 increment between 3volt and 6 volt. When you reach 3 volts, the user starts back at 6 volts
Features: • Regulated output which keeps the voltage the same with each puff - regardless of your remaining battery power. As the battery drains, the device will keep the voltage consistent.
• If the activation button is held down for 10 seconds or longer, the Lavatube VV 1.5 will shut itself off until the button is released.
• Short Circuit/Atomizer Protection ; if Atomizer Low 1.3ohms , will cut by itself ; if face any short of chipset electronic; the chipset will cut by itself .
• Reverse Battery Protection - Protects against reverse battery installation.
• Battery Monitoring/Over-Discharge Protection – Device should monitor the battery voltage and automatically turn off when the battery is discharged.
• Amperage could Up to 4A, But we limit the Atomizer Resistance on 1.2ohms ..if Low 1.2 Ohms will cut by itself
• 3 cm Vent hole on the bottom of the device for added safety
• Our New Lavatube VV could fit both protected or unprotected 18650 Battery
• If the Voltage which show on LCD on 3V to 6V , When body with atomizer and without atomizer, The real voltage are +- 0.2V ; The LCD will not show like the Old VV1.5 without atomizer ;when 3V ,The LCD show 4.7V
• Metal caps for top and end"

-Ivapeguy

Last edited:

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
Encouraging.
Obviously, it will take a bit of testing to determine if,and in which conditions, it delivers, but the low amperage is pretty much my only gripe with my LT, since I fitted an IMR battery.

Actually, for the lavatube to become the perfect mod, there are a few things:
Ability to check atty resistance
Ability to disable protection so to run any atty at any voltage, and certainly some explicit way of telling the user at which voltage protection kicks in
Ability to set target wattage and let the LT set automatically the required voltage, like with a kick

That would make for the ideal mod for someone like me, who isn't too worried about having a nice looking mod and an extremely durable one (e.g. A provari)
Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Features: • Regulated output which keeps the voltage the same with each puff - regardless of your remaining battery power. As the battery drains, the device will keep the voltage consistent.

It will be interesting to see if they actually accomplished that since that seems to be one of the two major disappointments people have had with previous versions.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'll wait for others to write reviews before doing so though.

No doubt. In fact, you should wait for the second and third round of reviews. I'm always baffled by initial comments on any device on ECF. For the first month for 45 days anything is out, there's nothing but enthusiasm and glowing reviews. Then, a few people will begin to point out malfunctions and shortcomings. Later still, we start hearing some actual facts. Finally, people start talking about what it takes to modify whatever device so that it at least works.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
My hesitation in buying a LT has been the amp limit. With the proposed improvement, I will purchase. I WILL wait on those initial fluff reviews to pass tho. This contradicts my impatient nature, but I'm not too keen on being a guinea pig at my wallet's expense anymore. The eGo-T taught me this.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I'm always skeptical when reading reviews, especially when the reviewer writes a glowing report and states something like "I just got X in the mail yesterday and it's everything I'd ever dreamed of". Juice reviews are just as bad. I don't know how many I've read where someone has vaped a juice for a day or two and says they've found their all day vape. Give it a month or two, then let us know.

As far as the LT, if it'll actually do 4 amps, great. I'll consider it once I've seen how it holds up for a while. I've got my tried and true rig that has been in daily use for well over a year so I don't need to jump at anything new. I'm well past the "gotta have everything" stage.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm always skeptical when reading reviews, especially when the reviewer writes a glowing report and states something like "I just got X in the mail yesterday and it's everything I'd ever dreamed of". Juice reviews are just as bad. I don't know how many I've read where someone has vaped a juice for a day or two and says they've found their all day vape. Give it a month or two, then let us know.

As far as the LT, if it'll actually do 4 amps, great. I'll consider it once I've seen how it holds up for a while. I've got my tried and true rig that has been in daily use for well over a year so I don't need to jump at anything new. I'm well past the "gotta have everything" stage.

That's when I hit the stop button on the review!!!! How can you possibly put the device through any kind of testing in a 24hr period? That is the problem when looking for a review on a device or anything else.... Too may people doing the reviews that shouldn't be....

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
The one on there homepage must be an old pic they haven't changed yet go to this link~> Vector Variable Volt or this thread~> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecigarette-suppliers-forum/294550-vector-variable-volt.html to see the new end caps on the new "LT" with the 4a limit...

Thanks boss! Not bad.. Only thing that makes me a little nervous is not having the catch cup anymore other than that the higher amp limit is a plus for the unit, and I trust VB their customer service is great.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Thanks boss! Not bad.. Only thing that makes me a little nervous is not having the catch cup anymore other than that the higher amp limit is a plus for the unit, and I trust VB their customer service is great.

Yeah I thought about that but the shallow V1 catch cup really is only good if you hold your device vertical anyways..I've learned that from experience lol..I think it might be easier to wipe off any liquid without one..also small amounts of e-liquid would probably "pool" around the connector where the cap attaches.

In a few weeks they said they will probably get the chrome ones and maybe those will have that deep eGo style connector with the deep catch cup too. I'm tempted to buy one but I think I'll still wait a couple weeks or so before buying 1 or 2 more "LT's"..I'm not 100% I'll buy the new version (might buy another V1 and the new version too) as the V1's amp limit is still fine with me and if they sell at a steep discount (as I'm sure they will) I might buy a "Lambo" or V1 tube/kit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread