Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    coils popping. Been vaping since January, rebuilding Kanger T3 coils since march. Used 32 ga till recently, never had one pop. I just rewick em with cotton and keep on tootlin.
    Move up to bored out T3 coils with enlarged wick slots and 2 mm 30 ga coils a couple of weeks ago. Tootlin at high wattage now 1.4 ohm at 4-5 volts.

My point was that I wanted to see how long it would go (resistance rise) before it would pop.
    Resistance rise is cause by the wire becoming thinner. It takes me about three months to turn a 30ga coil into a 32ga coil. ;)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    I used one as long as I could ... just to see.
    A 1.8 0hm coil went to 3.1 ohms before the wire was thin enough that it just popped. (set at 7 watts)
    I also tried just once, and coil got burnt out at 2.6 ohms, in place of welding, were low resistance leg was attached. I decided I do not want to repeat this experience, so I replaced coils when resistance changed for more than 0.2 ohm. My own coils still never went bad and I have not seen any increase of resistance after several months of daily use.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    progress_bar_part21.png

already 6 pages in! Thanks Kat for setting this new thread up :)

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    I hope everyone still has their carpet slippers on, we don't want the place getting dirty like the last one !.....No @Robino1 we most certainly don't ;)

Who dirtied the first thread?
    pocorn_zpswr726toh.gif

Coils popping. Been vaping since January, rebuilding Kanger T3 coils since march. Used 32 ga till recently, never had one pop. I just rewick em with cotton and keep on tootlin.
    Move up to bored out T3 coils with enlarged wick slots and 2 mm 30 ga coils a couple of weeks ago. Tootlin at high wattage now 1.4 ohm at 4-5 volts.

Brave new world eh Robert! :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I came close to buying a eVic mini yesterday but I just can't without seeing the numbers.
    Boden. Do the little Evod VV type batteries use pulsed DC? I got an 800 ma iTaste VV a few days ago and the vape seems smoother at the same voltage compared to the little iJoy VV 650 ma batteries I have been using.
    got another iTaste VV on the way. For $10 a good deal.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Not with fruit flavors. Many fruits contain diacetyl, and synthetic flavors are a safer choice.
    Umm we are OT on Moonshine.
    And some of us like the Diketones anyway.]

And on the synthetics vs natural that is what they told us on margarine years ago wasn't it?

And for me personally many/most artificial stuff tastes like a lab exploded in my mouth.
    Those diketones are tasty though.

2 drops/ml of Capaella Vanilla Custard V1 is quite tasty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread