More pics, moooooorrrrrrrre Pics

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Far from tootling but in true Rixsta fashion, here is my new beauty

2qkpkpx.jpg

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Currently vaping at 6 watts on my iStick 20W. Way too high, tastes like formaldehyde.
I have found that I have to set my istick20's to the lowest setting possible on them and everything still taste burnt sooooooo now I have graduated to istick30's and all is right with the world.

I am finally admitting to being a tootle puffer :lol::lol::lol: The highest I ever set mine is 8 watts. It is what works for me. :D

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I got lost on the old thread and couldn't keep up, now there's a new thread and already five pages since I went to bed last night! LOL! I'm gonna try to do better at keeping up with this one, but it's not lookin' very good right now! :lol:

~Lannie

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have found that I have to set my istick20's to the lowest setting possible on them and everything still taste burnt sooooooo now I have graduated to istick30's and all is right with the world.

I am finally admitting to being a tootle puffer :lol::lol::lol: The highest I ever set mine is 8 watts. It is what works for me. :D

Yeah, the 20 doesn't do well at the low end. Poor choice they made for regulation, going with mean rather than RMS. A higher resistance coil may help.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yeah, the 20 doesn't do well at the low end. Poor choice they made for regulation, going with mean rather than RMS. A higher resistance coil may help.
Once I get one of my 1.8 coils well broken in (the resistance has got up to about 2.2) it works. I really need to find or try to make some higher ohm coils but in the meantime I am enjoying the 30's

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Ya, you need 3 ohms before an iStick20 will do 6 watts when fully charged. (doesn't have step down)
    The 30 does have step down & it's RMS.

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Once I get one of my 1.8 coils well broken in (the resistance has got up to about 2.2) it works. I really need to find or try to make some higher ohm coils but in the meantime I am enjoying the 30's
    Coil well broken? I always assumed that if resistance goes up it's time to replace the coil. My replacement point for factory coil of 1.8 ohm was 2 ohms. My reasoning was that I will inhale more metal vapor than I like to when a coil blows up.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Coil well broken? I always assumed that if resistance goes up it's time to replace the coil. My replacement point for factory coil of 1.8 ohm was 2 ohms. My reasoning was that I will inhale more metal vapor than I like to when a coil blows up.
    I haven't actually used a factory coil for at least a year. I just rebuild. Much more economical. :D Some of my DIY juice actually tastes better after the coil is well broken in.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

I used one as long as I could ... just to see.
    A 1.8 0hm coil went to 3.1 ohms before the wire was thin enough that it just popped. (set at 7 watts)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I used one as long as I could ... just to see.
    A 1.8 0hm coil went to 3.1 ohms before the wire was thin enough that it just popped. (set at 7 watts)
    Coils popping. Been vaping since January, rebuilding Kanger T3 coils since march. Used 32 ga till recently, never had one pop. I just rewick em with cotton and keep on tootlin.
    Move up to bored out T3 coils with enlarged wick slots and 2 mm 30 ga coils a couple of weeks ago. Tootlin at high wattage now 1.4 ohm at 4-5 volts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread