• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome and introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laramie

Aug 7, 2009
Hello all, I'm pretty much ADD without the 'H' (Hyperactivity) so I get distracted easily and don't even have enough energy to get back to what i was doing ;) I'm perfectionistic, so what i am not getting done has to be perfect(I left that 'I' uncapitalized b/c I'm in working not being so P). I can get a lot of things started 20 browser tabs per window 2-3 windows then FF crashes.
A big part( gee, I just forgot what I was going to say!) ...oh yeah, I can be hyper-focused researching some thing to the exclusion of everything else, especially when I want to buy something. I learn a lot that way but models get discontinued while I' m doing it.
If I put as much into school as buying a big screen, I'd be a doctor.
Well, that's it, see, managed to ramble on though I couldn,t think of what to say when I started.

mmmelaney

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hi,

I have been a vaper since April 2009 and was diagnosed with ADHD 11 years ago. I was thrilled to see this group because nicotine and ADHD are related I'm sure. I also believe my difficulty quitting has a lot to do with ADD.

I think vaping is a good choice for us because it still allows us the get that immediate gratification we so crave.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Hello all, had to stop in this group and say HI since I tend to be on here all day anyways. I am a current 30mg of adderall xr 3 times a day to control my ADHD as well as my narcolepsy type of guy. I find myself on this MB way more then I am supposed to be and I often crawl into bed an hour before the sun comes up and that damn alarm starts going off. I don't sleep often unless it is micro sleeping. I start a bunch of things and complete 97% of each and move on as a classic ADHD member. Cigarettes were the only constant thing in my life for many years and I was glad Vapor came along to make me able to step away from cigarettes once and for all.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Hi Fellow AD(and sometimes H)D ers...

I'm not sure why I've not noticed this thread before. Not that i get distrac...hang on a second ~ There goes a chicken...:p

Anyway, I am one of you, too. I'm one of those parents you hear about who has a child diagnosed and then goes hmmmmm - wonder if that's MY problem.

I started taking meds about 5 yrs ago and OMG what a life changing thing that has been for me.

Anyway, nice to see you all here...:D

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
Another ADD'er here. Both of my yung'uns have it, along with the "H". I'm so glad a found another new obsession in e-cigs. The whole "Oh Cool" factor, buying tons of sh..stuff on impulse rather than doing research and getting what you need, and then cluttering up another flat surface in the house with the stuff. I've drug my oldest child into the obsession with me so I have plenty of justification to buy lots of stuff :rolleyes:

I didn't find out about my ADD until I was 31. It explains a lot of the idiotic things I did when I was younger (always told "You do some really stupid things for such a smart girl") and why my house always looks like a train wreck (clean but my Laws- the clutter is awful).

Glad to meet all of you

msqun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2010
MS
www.facebook.com
Finally as an adult last year I was indeed dx'd with ADD primarily inattentive type and I must say, I start 4000000000 projects, threads, activities, thoughts, and what have you and I can ramble as long as the day is, yet I never ever finish a single thing....I'm sure I'll attempt to be regular here, but we all know that may not happen either....just count it as one more thing...hope not..yeah, I think it is definitely time for bed...same thing I said in another thread 20 mins ago..ok, off to bed for me. look forward to fitting in here. Thanks!!!!

BoneIdle

May 10, 2010
NE Indiana
I was that kid in your class who was always daydreaming.
I wasn't diagnosed until 2007 at the age of 51. I must say that the neuropsych tests were fun.
I still managed to snag an associate's degree the next spring with a GPA of 3.97, but I'm not sure how I did it. Every time I'd turn in an exam, I'd panic, thinking I'd forgotten to answer one or more questions ( I never did, but that never seemed to stop the panic.). I should probably go for a B.A. next, but I'm not sure my nerves could take it.
I seem to be one of those people who is sensitive to prescription stimulants, so my main motivators have been coffee and cigarettes. Figured I'd switch to vaping because my conclusion is that while it may pose health hazards, there ain't no way that it's as bad as smoking unless they're manufacturing the atomizers with a hint of Plutonium.

Anyway, it's nice to be here.

funguy

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
New Ulm, Minnesota
Sweet, a place for me. I'm one of the ones who can have 20 different tabs open and can track them all! While simultaneously watching tv, vaping and reading the news. Give me a clicking pen and I'll annoy anyone on the planet with it. Click, Click, Click, Click, Click, Click!

Oh yeah, and I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 6. Never medicated, never want to be.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I can't even seem to stick to a particular flavor for more than a a few minutes... too many I like...
I ran out of colors to mark my carts and cartomizers with... red sticker is halo freedom , red rubber band is my own cinnamon/orange, red paint marker is cherry... blue is menthol, ry4 or blueberry or ....

it just gets worse...

I have three thoroughly disorganized tackle boxes... carts and juice in almost every room...

I need help ;-)

When I was a kid, they just said I was Hyper... My friend's moms nicknamed me "mouth..."

I'm make lists of lists of lists of lists...

Caffeine calms me down...

Oh yeah, I'm Geoff

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I can't even seem to stick to a particular flavor for more than a a few minutes... too many I like...
I ran out of colors to mark my carts and cartomizers with... red sticker is halo freedom , red rubber band is my own cinnamon/orange, red paint marker is cherry... blue is menthol, ry4 or blueberry or ....

it just gets worse...

:laugh: Me too on the flavors ~ constantly changing. And keeping them straight is a mess. I like the colored rubber band idea.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hello everyone! My name is Lu and I am an ADD adult. (I have the right forum, don't I? :D) I must say I got a real chuckle out of the posts here...mainly because I see myself in so many of them. Someone asked about putting keys in the freezer? One time I was serving coffee and talking at the same time and inadvertently put the coffee carafe in the microwave. I looked for that thing for hours! Didn't even remember doing that...lol

So I realized what my ADD was after my oldest son was diagnosed with it. He tried medication but didn't like it. He then tried that neuro feedback and said it was absolutely amazing (but rather expensive...and it only lasts so long so you have to keep going back). Anyhoo...he said it greatly improved his concentration and it felt great to just start something and see it through to the end. I see what he's saying.

Although I don't disparage over being AD, I think it would feel good to just start something and finish it, right then. As with most of us, distraction is the key to ADD. Any distraction, regardless of how minor, just sets me off on another tangent. This does cause me problems at work too. My boss is always asking "Did you finish that report yet?" And I'm like "Well, I started it but then something else came up." And I know it sounds like the same old song and dance....but it's true!

OK, I don't want to make this too long so maybe I'll just start other threads...bwahahaha.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Lu

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey all! Just found this thread and must say, I should just fit right in. I have always had a problem with concentration and finishing tasks and just recently (two years ago) found out that I was actually ADD. I take ritalin every now and then (when I have insurance), but for the most part, just take life as it comes. It has taken 14 years, but my wife is finally learning to "deal" with me. :D

Mingolvr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Davie, FL
Ok, so I logged on the computer about 4 hrs ago so I could order some extra atomizers before the last 2 I have blow.....hahahaha....sound about right? Still not ordered.

THEN I found this forum. Yup, started reading this forum, after dealing with 4 or so IM's from Yahoo.....Oh, and I decided to see what ever happened to the doctor who diagnosed my oldest son, and happened to be one of the founders of CHADD in Plantation, FL...yup, Good old Harvey Parker is still around. He was VERY thorough with my son.....5 weeks of testing and observing before he even THOUGHT about meds for him.

Ritalin was his god-send for school, but ONLY during school. Then my youngest was diagnosed in 3rd grade. Yup, ritalin worked for him too. He tried Adderall and another med, but both made him VERY sleepy, and Adderall made him suicidal. He gave up and went back to plain old regular ritalin. The SR crap didn't work either.

So, I was "reverse" diagnosed. I REALLY suffer from it, I"m so disorganized it's horrible. I scrape by, get stuff done, but I've had the cable shut off more than a few times simply because I forgot to pay it....thank god for auto-pay.....:)

It's 5:30am here and I'm either going to bed, or make a cup of coffee.....maybe tea, haven't had a cup in a day or two. I have to plan for a trip to GA tomorrow, but I need to make a call first and see if plans are still set.

I better check my pile of lists and see if I made a list for that chore.......probably not, intended too, BUT.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread