Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Love my KFL+, my Sirens (v1 and v2), miss my russian 91% (lost the base somewhere), and when i was feeling nostalgic my AGA-T2 is always a flavor beast (and tighter than sucking a golf ball through a coffee straw).

the KFL+ and russian were great for flavor, nice tight draw, and fairly easy to build on. They weren't the prettiest, but if you got the right tube to run them on they looked classy.

the sirens are also great on flavor and better with TC than the KFL and russian, the v1 had an issue with seeping out the AFC, but you could live with it, the v2 doesn't have that problem.

if you want to feel nostalgic, or are a masochist get an AGA-t2, TINY air hole, mesh wicks, designed for 32-30 awg wire,tiny screws and weird center pin nuts to capture leads, no tc. but when its setup properly, OMG the intense flavor and throat hit that's soo good its almost painful. however, bump it wrong and it WILL f**k you up; hot spots, harsh hits due to airflow being off, THE ABSOLUTE WORST DRY HITS due to the mesh running dry.

sorry, triggered myself there, some good ones previously mentioned, others i haven't used, but good advise all around.
I had an aga-t, it was a really popular genesis at the time and probably the first inexpensive tank I ever bought..all my other genny tanks then were pretty expensive like the DID, ac-9, cobra, etc . But then came this aga-t from China that was like 1/5th the price...it definitely wasn't a clone, but at least for me, it was the first sign of inexpensive china made tanks and it worked dam good...it doubt any new vapor these days would want to start out with true genesis tanks, as they are definitely a bit finicky, but like you said, they would be missing out on some great flavor!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Cirus

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Texas
#1 Ares - Not quite as tight of a draw as I would like but the flavor is great and to fill it is as fast and simple as it gets. No leaking or gurgling. I love not having to change tanks or have two setups on hand to have MTL and DL.

#2 Berserker - Would be #1 because of the tight draw and flavor but hate bottom fill. I can't say the Ares has better flavor, it has more flavor and it's a different flavor. I like the different flavor of the Berserker more.

The only other MTL tank I've had is the Coppervape Hussar clone. I don't have it anymore. No flavor. I mean none, despite what many said. I couldn't get any out of it. I never tried the reducer for the KFv5 clone. I was happy with DL then.

Next up to try....Cthulhu Hastur.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
#1 Ares - Not quite as tight of a draw as I would like but the flavor is great and to fill it is as fast and simple as it gets. No leaking or gurgling. I love not having to change tanks or have two setups on hand to have MTL and DL.

#2 Berserker - Would be #1 because of the tight draw and flavor but hate bottom fill. I can't say the Ares has better flavor, it has more flavor and it's a different flavor. I like the different flavor of the Berserker more.

The only other MTL tank I've had is the Coppervape Hussar clone. I don't have it anymore. No flavor. I mean none, despite what many said. I couldn't get any out of it. I never tried the reducer for the KFv5 clone. I was happy with DL then.

Next up to try....Cthulhu Hastur.
There is a 1.3mm air reducer made for the Hussar and a micro chamber... W those MTL accessories the flavor is top notch.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Disclaimer regarding my 2 current choices below: I do have several Siren 22mm V1 that are still NIB never tried yet, as well as a couple Erlkonigin Clones, and a stash of KFL+ V2 clones (EHPro) still NIB. When I try those, my "favorites" may change, but I really doubt it now.

#1 Berserker 24mm MTL RTA - Have only been using it a little over a week now, but it's by far my all-time favorite! Have bought and received 6 more already for my stash. I'm also placing an order for several of the 22mm Mini version from FT today or tomorrow. Gotta have a few to use on my Provari 2.5's, Classics, P3, and other mods the 24mm just wouldn't look right on.

Reasons: Very easy build deck, wonderful flavor and extremely smooth vapor, numerous AF hole sizes to choose from, eliquid and wick both seem to last forever in it even while chain-vaping, it's very compact, etc. When I bottom fill it means no leaking, gurgling, etc., and I don't mind bottom filling. Gotta remove a part anyway to refill...doesn't matter to me if it's the top or the bottom, and it takes the same amount of time. Removing the bottom also lets me take a quick look at my coil and wick.

#2 KFL+ V2 "Shorty" tanks - I've been using these for 2+ years now, and they were my all-time favorites before I got the Berserker. They're made with just a few parts from FT (a base, a chimney base only, a bell cap, and a drip tip), all really cheap! I've also made 1 using the base and drip tip from the KFL+ V2 EHPro tank in the gorgeous Blue color (that color was not available on FT).

Reasons: Easy build deck, cheap and readily available parts, great vapor & flavor, easy bottom fill through the fill screw, and it's a very compact size (slightly smaller than the Berserker). Parts last a good long while, as I've only needed to replace a couple of the post screws and 1 fill screw so far, on the 3 I've made and have been using as all day tanks.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Disclaimer regarding my 2 current choices below: I do have several Siren 22mm V1 that are still NIB never tried yet, as well as a couple Erlkonigin Clones, and a stash of KFL+ V2 clones (EHPro) still NIB. When I try those, my "favorites" may change, but I really doubt it now.

#1 Berserker 24mm MTL RTA - Have only been using it a little over a week now, but it's by far my all-time favorite! Have bought and received 6 more already for my stash. I'm also placing an order for several of the 22mm Mini version from FT today or tomorrow. Gotta have a few to use on my Provari 2.5's, Classics, P3, and other mods the 24mm just wouldn't look right on.

Reasons: Very easy build deck, wonderful flavor and extremely smooth vapor, numerous AF hole sizes to choose from, eliquid and wick both seem to last forever in it even while chain-vaping, it's very compact, etc. When I bottom fill it means no leaking, gurgling, etc., and I don't mind bottom filling. Gotta remove a part anyway to refill...doesn't matter to me if it's the top or the bottom, and it takes the same amount of time. Removing the bottom also lets me take a quick look at my coil and wick.

#2 KFL+ V2 "Shorty" tanks - I've been using these for 2+ years now, and they were my all-time favorites before I got the Berserker. They're made with just a few parts from FT (a base, a chimney base only, a bell cap, and a drip tip), all really cheap! I've also made 1 using the base and drip tip from the KFL+ V2 EHPro tank in the gorgeous Blue color (that color was not available on FT).

Reasons: Easy build deck, cheap and readily available parts, great vapor & flavor, easy bottom fill through the fill screw, and it's a very compact size (slightly smaller than the Berserker). Parts last a good long while, as I've only needed to replace a couple of the post screws and 1 fill screw so far, on the 3 I've made and have been using as all day tanks.
As I've expressed in the Zerker threads, the Zerker is the first MTL RTA, in the last 2 years, that has nailed my strict requirements for tight draw and flavor.. its in the same league, for me, as my beloved KFL, Spheroid, Gem V1 type of level and for < $30... phttt, no-brainer.

The SXK Doggystyle is close to that same league also but the Zerker gets the slight edge for a tighter draw.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
3+ years ago I bought a used authentic Kayfun Lite v2+ from the ECF classies (still vaping it daily).

it saved me a fortune in not buying coils ... and a king's ransom for not having to try the latest and greatest.

I have enough spare parts to last forever and still have these 4 brand new in the box.

4Kayfuns2.jpg

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Since you have them in hand, (and the exact height of the replacement tanks varies from site to site)...would you mind measuring the height of one of yours that came with your Mini for me? I'd sure appreciate it.
I don't own calipers but looks to be 9/16" (0.5625" or 14.2875 mm) to me.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I don't own calipers but looks to be 9/16" (0.5625" or 14.2875 mm) to me.

Thanks! That 14.2875 is close to what I came up with when comparing the measurements on the breakdown diagrams for the 24mm and the 22mm. They don't show just the tank height on either one. But the rest of the parts (base and screw off top) should be the same height on both, so that helped. Also, since I know the 24mm Berserker 2mL tanks are 24mm x 13mm, and the Mini's are 22mm diameter...using that info. & the diagrams...I came up with 14.7mm for the height of the 22mm tanks.

But...if you figure it according to capacity:

24mm x 13mm = 312 for the 2mL tank on the full size
Using the same 312, but divided by the 22mm diameter of the Mini = 14.1818mm to achieve the same 2mL capacity. So, your measurement is incredibly close to that! :thumbs:

However, on FT, they sell the authentic VV tank for the mini and show a pic provided by VV (which shows it is very short). But, their details say it's 25mm!! No way! Other websites show a variety of heights, too.

Now, I'm not certain exactly which tank size to look for, for replacements for the Mini. I've found some 22mm x 14mm, some 22mm x 15mm, etc.

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Thanks! That 14.2875 is close to what I came up with when comparing the measurements on the breakdown diagrams for the 24mm and the 22mm. They don't show just the tank height on either one. But the rest of the parts (base and screw off top) should be the same height on both, so that helped. Also, since I know the 24mm Berserker 2mL tanks are 24mm x 13mm, and the Mini's are 22mm diameter...using that info. & the diagrams...I came up with 14.7mm for the height of the 22mm tanks.

But...if you figure it according to capacity:

24mm x 13mm = 312 for the 2mL tank on the full size
Using the same 312, but divided by the 22mm diameter of the Mini = 14.1818mm to achieve the same 2mL capacity. So, your measurement is incredibly close to that! :thumbs:

However, on FT, they sell the authentic VV tank for the mini and show a pic provided by VV (which shows it is very short). But, their details say it's 25mm!! No way! Other websites show a variety of heights, too.

Now, I'm not certain exactly which tank size to look for, for replacements for the Mini. I've found some 22mm x 14mm, some 22mm x 15mm, etc.
I'll be ordering the ft ones soon...I'll let you know if they fit.

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
3+ years ago I bought a used authentic Kayfun Lite v2+ from the ECF classies (still vaping it daily).

it saved me a fortune in not buying coils ... and a king's ransom for not having to try the latest and greatest.

I have enough spare parts to last forever and still have these 4 brand new in the box.

View attachment 715389

I still use my KFL V2+ clones with a s*load of parts, including different length chimneys and a bunch of replacement tanks from FT. STILL going strong after so many years. V3 Mini and V5 I found a total let-down for MTL. But now I am getting curious about the Berserker. The only issue with my KFL+s is that building (better: screwing coils on) is a PITA...and some things like bottom filling (one has a very tiny hole where juice easily spills when refilling), the other one the screw never comes out right away when you open the hole, and one of them is whistling a bit, and air screw with one seems to always want to loosen itself. But nevertheless, astonishing how long I and wife using them now.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I still use my KFL V2+ clones with a s*load of parts, including different length chimneys and a bunch of replacement tanks from FT. STILL going strong after so many years. V3 Mini and V5 I found a total let-down for MTL. But now I am getting curious about the Berserker. The only issue with my KFL+s is that building (better: screwing coils on) is a PITA...and some things like bottom filling (one has a very tiny hole where juice easily spills when refilling), the other one the screw never comes out right away when you open the hole, and one of them is whistling a bit, and air screw with one seems to always want to loosen itself. But nevertheless, astonishing how long I and wife using them now.
+1 for KFL and have so many w extra gadgets, and my same thoughts on V5, V3mini and Prime.... disappointing.

The Berserker mini, for me, matches the beloved KFL for draw and flavor. If you bottom fill it, it is stupid easy and bullet proof.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Long story - Re discovered the wismec amor plus. Bought these a while back and discovered they were much to airy the 510 pin has a huge hole and they come with .5 ohm coil heads 1 of them rebuildable which is easy for me but after rebuilding to 1 ohm i replaced their 510 pin with a clr 1 ohm pin and its accompanying pin gasket which fits right into the original setup filled and leaked all over tried again and again and again same results instant leaking so i set wismec tanks aside for long time .

Several days ago opened a new one (have several) to try once again went to clean it and noticed a thin small clear o-ring inside the chamber that coil fits into looked at the original that i played with and it was not there gone.
Now i never seen anything the pictorial instructions does not show that o- ring at all nor is it in the extra's that come with it or in video reviews mention that o-ring.

So i rebuilt the .5 rebuildable coil that comes with it to 1 ohm cleaned tanked inserted clr pin gasket into wismec 510 gasket and used the clr 510 1 ohm pin filled expecting it to leak no leaks at all hmm 2 tanks later still bone dry very good vape and no longer airy vaping with 3 holes on each side open because anything smaller gets to tight of a draw.

Then i took the other one that had that o- ring lost and took a black o-ring off a clr coil head but could not get it into the chamber so i fitted it onto the rebuildable coilhead sliding it down until it reached the little lip to rest on rebuilt to 1 om and same clr 510 pin setup as other tank filled and no leaks at all still going well after several refills and a nice vape to boot.

Somehow i must have lost that original o ring when first opening package and cleaning the tank it may have washed down the sink unknowingly being small and clear .

Sounds like a lot of work with different 510 pin added a clr gasket but it all fits perfect and very easy to do and it works well at least for several tank refills with no leaks.
Topfill tank 22mm diameter and 3.8 capacity.

Other tank i like a lot the Ares tank and Joyetech's megav2 with rebuildable 1 ohm coil heads.
Its been a solid 7 year journey of vaping putting together vv mod kits vaping carto's mm vapor DID20 tanks with SS 500 mesh , Scubatdans tank mod with mesh, still have like dozen or so 12x8 sheets and do go back to them once in a while a great flavorful vape mesh no leaks ever , but now tight on the draw since moving on and getting used to others even went back and tried the ole carto's as well for kicks.

Thing is they have always kept me and the Mrs off the cigs as never had one since the very 1st time using an e-cig the ones that looked like a cig and glowed red on the end with built in battery and liquid chamber that lasted no longer than 2 hours before needing a recharge thats what the wife and i started on before anything before moving on after us smoking 45 years.
wow what a journey and fun its been.

Its all cheap now a days since stocked up for life in everything needed plus a diy for e-liquid for the 2 of us.
Yup long story. ' )

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
As of right now, I am going to have to say my favorite all around RTA is the authentic Kayfun v3.1. I just need to find them in the Alpha and Delta finishes to complete my Svoëmesto collection. I have been posting a WTB in the classifieds for over a year! My second favorite is the Kayfun mini v2.1. I think the v2.1 produces the best flavor of any device I have used thus far.

I can't say for sure though since I haven't tried that ivogo kayfun mini I bought from Toolman yet. I am going to finally set that up this weekend.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
So far, the best I've found (aside from carto-tanks) are the KFL and the Ego One. Because of all the good reviews, I did try the doggy. Only one build so far. I'll need to work at, I guess. Not impressed so far.

I did just order a Berserker to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread