Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Here’s a true tale.

Until he and his wife moved to Portugal last year, I used to pal around with a guy from Yorkshire.

He vaped using a simple device, one up from a CE4; I think it was an old Kanger model. The chrome was scratched and there was a depression in the side as he’d wanted better airflow, didn’t have a drill to hand and had used a self tapping screw and the end of the kitchen scissors to widen out the airhole. He fired it up with Ego batteries and had an Ego to 510 adapter.

He carried around 4 of those wee batteries in a pouch he’d made from bubble wrap and sticky tape and knew which battery was which as the wraps were all different - some having flags on then some skeletons and others just in different colours.

He vaped the cheapest strongest juice he could get - 16 strength DeKang’s American Tobacco flavour which tasted like pipe goo.

Each time he’d finished vaping he took the atomiser off his battery and put it into a plastic 2 ounce sized tobacco tin along with his batteries and a spare coil. He did this because for most of his life he’d smoked roll your own cigarettes until he switched to vaping and he felt that doing things the way he did gave him a similar experience to making up cigarettes and smoking them.

His device didn't produce much vapour but, he was a guy who’d worked out what worked for him and cost him very little. While it is not a term I use or like I’d have classed him an Advanced Vaper for that very reason.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was happy with my old Joye 510 until I discovered the eGo. Then, I was OK with the eGo until I discovered the iStick 30W. I was happy with the iStick 30W until I just had to have the 40W model and later the iStick Pico 75W. In between I bought a Provari V2.

Eventually, the progression resulted in a cabinet full of all the latest and greatest mods as they became available.

As I write this, I'm vaping on an iStick Pico 75W. I have plenty of hardware should the FDA shut down the supply! To echo Alfred Neuman (Mad Magazine), "What, me worry?".

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

I snacked on dry cheerios this morning for breakfast. Screw all that bowl, milk, spoon, dishes stuff.

Then, I made (and mounted) a new coil, some experimentation trying to achieve that perfect vape, straightened up, enjoying the vape..

thinking of putting clothes on today at some point... maybe. Haven't actually decided yet but I'm leaning toward a yes in that department.

I don't know.. but I do think my vaping is more advanced than my life...

hahaha

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole

I snacked on dry cheerios this morning for breakfast. Screw all that bowl, milk, spoon, dishes stuff.

Then, I made (and mounted) a new coil, some experimentation trying to achieve that perfect vape, straightened up, enjoying the vape..

thinking of putting clothes on today at some point... maybe. Haven't actually decided yet but I'm leaning toward a yes in that department.

hahaha
Clothes are over rated.
Love it when I nail the wicking and dont feel the need to go back and tweak it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
To echo Alfred Neuman (Mad Magazine), "What, me worry?".

upload_2019-6-14_18-20-21.png

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Funny, that’s pretty much why I vape (almost) exclusively on mechs.

Yup, same reason. Don't want no circuit board bricks.

I tell my wife that I buy so many mods because they're all prone to failure.

I'm going to write that down for reference. :D My wife actually doesn't mind so much. In the time I've vaped, I've only spent around one tenth of what I would have smoking.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

hahaha

This right here folks, is how a true renegade gets down.

Armor1

Jun 13, 2019
For me it's anyone who doesn't use stock coils.
OR
People who enter competitions to see just how much zero nicotine plumage one can chuck out whilst holding an obscure weightlifting pose.
Probably the first one though...
How about if you did use stock coils. Got into building. Then got lazy and started using stock coils again?

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
Advanced vaping is when the stockpile of shiny has grown big enough you feel you have to pretend they're all in your rotation.

Good luck. :)
Not all in rotation ... more like all are in various orbits around me ... some are pretty much in permanent meo-stationary[sic] orbits, some are parked in nearby lagrangian orbits, and some are more like long period comets and may be currently out in the Ort Vape Cloud (but they'll pass by again, someday). Just like real near earth space, my local vape-space is pretty crowded. Yes, there is also vape-space junk, and yes, there have been some near collisions when new devices are launched ... vape-space exploration is not without risk ... but at least it's not rocket science (therefore, not really advanced).

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
There was a time when that had some meaning. We had to be very careful with the batteries we used the mods did not have over load protection. We disassembled stalk attys and made our own sub ohm coils. We learned ohm's law, we knew what was the best batterys and what their limits were.
Now everything is off the shelf and made in China. I kinda miss the old days when when we were pushing the envelope and the equipment we bought was home grown and made with care and love ‍♀️

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
How about if you did use stock coils. Got into building. Then got lazy and started using stock coils again?
Once you've walked the hallowed path of the advanced vaper, you are forever tarred by it's brush. There's no going back I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread