Official IO6 Atomizer beta thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCB1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
New Jersey
To be honest, I don't clean my atomizers. At most - I'll blow them out thoroughly and reprime. That being said, there are several ways that others clean them. The most common is... hot water rinse and dry burn. Followed by soaking in alcohol for X amount of time. If I were to recommend either of them, I would recommend soaking them in vodka for 30 minutes, lightly move the atomizer around to break free any stuck particles, and soak for another 30 minutes. Dry burning may work, but can dramatically shorten the life of your atomizer by causing the coil to stretch/warp/come in contact with other parts of the coil causing a short and also weaken solder/adhesive points.

Think I'll stick to blowing. :|

aliens

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2012
Europe
Hey guys!

I guess I need a little help with my io6 atty. That's the first one for me, it seems to be a high quality product but... I'm struggling with the airflow in it. Compared to the other atty i have (IKV 510 or HH357) I noticed that the twho hols at the bottom of the atty were really small. Is that normal? I wonder if i shouldn't try to open them a little more with a drill.

Any advice is appreciated!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey guys!

I guess I need a little help with my io6 atty. That's the first one for me, it seems to be a high quality product but... I'm struggling with the airflow in it. Compared to the other atty i have (IKV 510 or HH357) I noticed that the twho hols at the bottom of the atty were really small. Is that normal? I wonder if i shouldn't try to open them a little more with a drill.

Any advice is appreciated!
It was designed that way, like pyro said.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
@aliens

My understanding is that the io6 is specifically designed to provide a "tight draw"
I def have to pull on it harder than I do a regular 510 atty.

To each his own, but many prefer this...

Yep, similar to if you rolled a real tight cigarette or packed them really hard.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Ok thank you all I understand better the way it is. So far i tried different atomizer, 501, 801, io6. Still trying to figure out which one is fitted the best for me!
You will find most of Isaac's atties a little less airier than most, I prefer them tighter myself as it mimics a cigarette better and that was Isac's quest when he designed his atties. In the beginning it feels starnge but after a while an airy atty or carto is just plain yuck (to me any way) YMMV

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
You will find most of Isaac's atties a little less airier than most, I prefer them tighter myself as it mimics a cigarette better and that was Isac's quest when he designed his atties. In the beginning it feels starnge but after a while an airy atty or carto is just plain yuck (to me any way) YMMV

Same here. I hate puffing on air. I want the real uncut stuff.LOL

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
@aliens

My understanding is that the io6 is specifically designed to provide a "tight draw"
I def have to pull on it harder than I do a regular 510 atty.

To each his own, but many prefer this...

I'm one of the many - everything else is too airy for me, compared to the IO6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread