Stop the presses, new lavatube 3.0 is about to hit with a 4 amp limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Shek let me get this straight (as I don't do reguler overseas business with PV's before).. You have your Manufacturer-(Lrider etc.), then your wholesaler (heaven gifts etc) then your retailer vendors (Ivape etc.) Is that correct?? If so then how come when you run a co-op your buying directly from Lrider (my impressions from what I've read)?? Is it because of the volume of units your buying ?? So a company like madvapes would probably have no middle man considering their ridiculous overhead.. As for the panisonic battery, I have never used them and if they fit correctly in the LT V1 then send me a link to your co-op and I will give them a shot..

Q1. Manufacturer = L-Rider (but not the fake/fraud LT's), Distributor = Uniq & Young June (Usually only sells product to wholesalers or retailers for the manufacturer), Wholesaler = e-liquid.cn/Royalsmokers (Sells to end user in bulk quantity), Vendor/Retailer = End user sales.

Q2. Why do I buy direct from the manufacturer? Because I get the lowest price....no mark-ups. Volume of units? Yes, it's called an MOQ, short for minimum order quantity.

Q3. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/300868-panasonic-cgr18650ch-2250mah-flat-top-nipple-top-safe-chemistry-cells.html#post6226797

Still in the planning and discussion area.

Here's my most recent post explaining the contest we're having with it:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coop-planning-discussion/300868-panasonic-cgr18650ch-2250mah-flat-top-nipple-top-safe-chemistry-cells-5.html#post6250236

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I like my 1.5 better than my LT because I can read resistance and it has a higher Amp rating even at 2.88 not that I ever even hit the 2.5. There is a glitch in the 5 click cutoff and they have indeed been recalled by some suppliers. I'm waiting on a replacement for mine but I use it everyday and haven't had any problems with it or my LT.
:tumble:

trinifreak

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011

KalebK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Spokane, WA

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Have you guys seen this? StarFire VV Starter Kit has a sealed 510 connector from 3 Volts to 6 Volts Variable Voltage of 510 atomizers and cartomizers.Variable Voltage.Choose Voltage Battery Lasts Over Day.Lava Flow,Knight Rider/Lava Tube I am a bit skeptical, but this one claims a 3.9 amp switch. Is that the same as 3.9 amp limit? I wonder if these are the replacements that some suppliers are waiting for.

It looks like another re-brand of the Vtube v1.5t. Probably exactly the same device as VaporBeast's Vector VV, iVape's Varitube X, and VaporAlley's Vtube (which they incorrectly identify as V2.0, even though the voltage graphs they show below are clearly labeled V1.5t).

I suppose there's a tiny, outside chance that the StarFire is actually Young June's new v2.0 revision, which (supposedly) does have a real 4 amp limit, but---as far as I know---the first shipments of that upgraded version will all be chromed brass rather than black or silver, and they'll have the spring-loaded positive pole inside an eGo-style 510 connection, so I seriously doubt that the ecigcharleston device is anything other than a v1.5t. I could be wrong, though.

Personally, I'd think twice about buying from any vendor who uses the incorrect term "X-amp switch" rather than "X-amp limit." That shows a basic misunderstanding about how these newer mods work, since it harkens back to the early days of mods without sophisticated chipsets, where all the voltage from the battery ran through the switch, and that switch needed to be able to handle 3+ amps without frying. Those days are mostly long gone, at least for Advanced mods (APVs). Now, switches get only tiny amounts of current from the chip board. Amp limits are about how much current the chips themselves are designed to handle. A vendor who doesn't know the difference is either way behind the curve or just not paying attention.

Last edited:

trinifreak

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2011
It looks like another re-brand of the Vtube v1.5t. Probably exactly the same device as VaporBeast's Vector VV, iVape's Varitube X, and VaporAlley's Vtube (which they incorrectly identify as V2.0, even though the voltage graphs they show below are clearly labeled V1.5t).

I suppose there's a tiny, outside chance that the StarFire is actually Young June's new v2.0 revision, which (supposedly) does have a real 4 amp limit, but---as far as I know---the first shipments of that upgraded version will all be chromed brass rather than black or silver, and they'll have the spring-loaded positive pole inside an eGo-style 510 connection, so I seriously doubt that the ecigcharleston device is anything other than a v1.5t. I could be wrong, though.

Personally, I'd think twice about buying from any vendor who uses the incorrect term "X-amp switch" rather than "X-amp limit." That shows a basic misunderstanding about how these newer mods work, since it harkens back to the early days of mods without sophisticated chipsets, where all the voltage from the battery ran through the switch, and that switch needed to be able to handle 3+ amps without frying. Those days are mostly long gone, at least for Advanced mods (APVs). Now, switches get only tiny amounts of voltage from the chip board. Amp limits are about how much current the chips themselves are designed to handle. A vendor who doesn't know the difference is either way behind the curve or just not paying attention.

Thanks for the info bill. Now my Credit Card can go back into my wallet! :laugh:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I'd have bought a Provari a long time ago if it had separate +- button like the LT, maybe V3. I watched Busardo going through the menu routine to change voltages and it looked like someone sending a long text message on a miniature keyboard.

Errol

I totally agree. I love the layout of the LTs with the exception of the fire button. It's just a tad low for me. If they moved it toward the top cap a bit more it would be the perfect setup. I wasn't going to buy a Provari due to the odd one button setup either. I ended up receiving an old V1 Provari from a friend since he bought a new one a while back. The one button thing really isn't as bad as I thought. I just retired the V1 for a blue led V2 last week. The beater is about to get handed off to another friend who's still rockin the ol ' 510 auto batts.

If they (either China or Provape or whoever) could setup a SS tube with the fire button just a tick short of the top cap, the +/- buttons, the spring loaded center pin like the Apollo, and a 3.5-4 amp capability with a single battery, I would gladly pay through the nose for it. Maybe even add in a shallow section for a removable grip sleeve that sits flush with the body and offer it in different colors.

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
..... A vendor who doesn't know the difference is either way behind the curve or just not paying attention.

Did you also catch the part about the "universal 510" connection. That, and the 3.9 amp switch gave me a chuckle. Why not 3.99amp?

I should probably feel bad about laughing though. Most of these vendors seem to be regurgitating whatever crap they were told by the manufacturer or distributor. There are quite a few good vendors out there that are getting suckered in by Chinese BS.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Did you also catch the part about the "universal 510" connection. That, and the 3.9 amp switch gave me a chuckle. Why not 3.99amp?

I should probably feel bad about laughing though. Most of these vendors seem to be regurgitating whatever crap they were told by the manufacturer or distributor. There are quite a few good vendors out there that are getting suckered in by Chinese BS.

I'm inclined to give the vendors a break, they are handling dozens of items, some of them close to a dozen different PVs and APVs and pretty much have to trust their suppliers. We just have to make sure we trust our vendor, if in doubt get confirmation in advance so if it isn't as represented you can get a full refund.

I made the mistake of buying a Vision Tox Kit from Kalamazoo Vapor Shop, someone I'd never dealt with before and as most know the Tox was a defective disaster. When I requested a refund all they would refund was the actual PV minus a 15% restocking fee. That experience of dealing with an unknown vendor ended up costing me $29, over 1/3 of the original purchase cost.

Errol

Last edited:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Funny thing is, I've never had one problem with any vendor I've ever bought from. Granted, most have been ECF vendors. I occasionally read the Negative Reviews section when I'm bored and just about every vendor's name pops up on there. In almost 3 years of vaping everything from my first L88b Supermini ecig to my mods, I've only rarely had any reason to contact a vendor. In almost every case, the vendors bent over backwards to make it right. I know many of them did this with some degree of personal loss on their end (i.e.: sending out a replacement without bothering to have me return the dud AND not charging me a dime). I refuse to believe that I'm some sort of super lucky guy. So that means that the vendors probably do the same with the rest of their customers.

More on topic, I know that when I bought my v1.5t from vaporalley, it was advertised as a 4 amp unit. We all know now that info is a bit off. I wasn't overly concerned and saw no reason to return it since it was (and still is) working just fine with no issues so far. As long as it lasts for at least 4-5 months, I'll be happy. Anything longer than that will be a nice bonus in my opinion. I've got plenty of other devices to fall back on. For cash strapped folks that can only swing a single device, I generally recommend a good mod from one of the ECF vendors. Primarily those that are tried and true, solid devices that have been out for a while. That way they aren't going to run into any surprises. Designs that have been out for at least a few years have all the kinks worked out and info on fixes are easy to find and do.

The LTs designs aren't that old yet, so early adopters are the first wave of crash test dummies. Not a happy place to be in general, but without folks like us, new vapers would be dumping a lot of hard earned bucks into something that may end up in a bin a few months later.

I generally refuse to suggest or recommend any device until I'm beyond certain that it won't bite someone in the ..... I think there are quite a few people on the ECF that give recommendations a hair too soon. They don't do this out of malice, they simply want to share their positive experience with folks. I think that we should all take a moment to realize that there are folks out there that can't afford to get stuck with a mediocre device or worse, a dangerous device. We should remind folks that they may want to wait a while before they buy whatever new device we're playing with until we know all the quirks and kinks. I think Errol did a good job when he discovered that the new 4amp gizmo wasn't really a 4amp. Others may have worked out the exact numbers, but if not for him, quite a few folks might never have bothered to check.

So folks should really thank the early adopters for taking one for the team :)

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Lmao...my other half might do the same when she sees the bill for some of my recent purchases. It's a thankless job being a front-line test dummy. There's been some serious duds out of China and even a few domestic over the years. I remember when the first battery mods were coming out because the ego hadn't been invented yet. China made some really poor copies of these early devices, like the DSE905. Took three or four revisions before most folks gave up on them. Then there was the CE2 cartomizer mess. Four or five revisions. Then clearos, then 510 and ego tanks, etc.

Some folks would give these things rave reviews within hours of buying one, only to condemn and curse them after a week. But it wasn't a total waste.

Think about this...

Someone out there had to have a stacked battery setup go boom so that we would know not to stack random batts.

Someone had to suffer from injuries sustained by a boom in a mod without any emergency vents.

Short circuits, charger failures, insulator jacket shorts, diacetyl, nicotine poisoning, crabs......well maybe not that.

There is always some brave soul willing to sacrifice his paycheck and possibly his well being just so we can learn from their mistakes.

Best advice when it comes to anything ecig related (and some people are apparently learning this with amazing speed), just WAIT until the device has been out long enough for the firsties to have one go stupid on them. It'll save you a .... load of money and aggravation... and possibly spare you some physical injury (mainly from the significant other in your life disemboweling you for blowing a wad of money on a dud). Besides, by the time you buy something from China, there's already two or three improved versions fixing to be produced.

That said, I'm on the pre order list for a new fixed voltage mechanical mod/tank combo from a company that isn't exactly the most loved on ECF. So I may not be posting much after the wife sees the bill. :)

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Lmao...my other half might do the same when she sees the bill for some of my recent purchases. It's a thankless job being a front-line test dummy. There's been some serious duds out of China and even a few domestic over the years. I remember when the first battery mods were coming out because the ego hadn't been invented yet. China made some really poor copies of these early devices, like the DSE905. Took three or four revisions before most folks gave up on them. Then there was the CE2 cartomizer mess. Four or five revisions. Then clearos, then 510 and ego tanks, etc.

Some folks would give these things rave reviews within hours of buying one, only to condemn and curse them after a week. But it wasn't a total waste.

Think about this...

Someone out there had to have a stacked battery setup go boom so that we would know not to stack random batts.

Someone had to suffer from injuries sustained by a boom in a mod without any emergency vents.

Short circuits, charger failures, insulator jacket shorts, diacetyl, nicotine poisoning, crabs......well maybe not that.

There is always some brave soul willing to sacrifice his paycheck and possibly his well being just so we can learn from their mistakes.

Best advice when it comes to anything ecig related (and some people are apparently learning this with amazing speed), just WAIT until the device has been out long enough for the firsties to have one go stupid on them. It'll save you a .... load of money and aggravation... and possibly spare you some physical injury (mainly from the significant other in your life disemboweling you for blowing a wad of money on a dud). Besides, by the time you buy something from China, there's already two or three improved versions fixing to be produced.

That said, I'm on the pre order list for a new fixed voltage mechanical mod/tank combo from a company that isn't exactly the most loved on ECF. So I may not be posting much after the wife sees the bill. :)

One of the advantages of being old and unsupervised, I can buy anything I can justify, and I've been able to justify nearly every new toy that's come along. :) So far Vaping has cost me a little over twice what I would have spent on Cigarettes in the same time period, but I've enjoyed what I got for my money a great deal more.

Errol

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
One of the advantages of being old and unsupervised, I can buy anything I can justify, and I've been able to justify nearly every new toy that's come along. :) So far Vaping has cost me a little over twice what I would have spent on Cigarettes in the same time period, but I've enjoyed what I got for my money a great deal more.

Errol

I wouldn't know anything about that. lol Speaking of new things. I just got a new E-2 Apollo tank today from DV that is pretty cool and works great so far anyways.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I wouldn't know anything about that. lol Speaking of new things. I just got a new E-2 Apollo tank today from DV that is pretty cool and works great so far anyways.

Nice looking Tank Tex, in fact all your equipment has an appealing appearance. Nice for when you entertain the ladies. :)

Errol

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Nice looking Tank Tex, in fact all your equipment has an appealing appearance. Nice for when you entertain the ladies. :)

Errol

lol I've finally out grown having to entertain the ladies and that is why I have money to buy plenty of PV's. I still love socializing with the ladies but I just don't wine and dine them nowdays. My 70's are turning out to be an interesting decade so far now that I can breathe again.
:tumble:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
lol I've finally out grown having to entertain the ladies and that is why I have money to buy plenty of PV's. I still love socializing with the ladies but I just don't wine and dine them nowdays. My 70's are turning out to be an interesting decade so far now that I can breathe again.

tex,

One of the many things I love about vaping (and ECF) is that the age demographic is so inclusive. We've got vapers all the way from 18 to 80, and maybe beyond.

I'm 62, and I can relate to your post so well! Yes, I had more than my share of romances and passionate affairs back in my younger days. I don't regret any of my love affairs, gonzo though they were, but I am honestly quite happy to be past that particular brand of melodrama. In a sense, one of my passionately dysfunctional love affairs was with cigarettes, which lasted for 38 years. I am sure as heck happy to have lived long enough to see the ending of that one. OK, so vaping may be somewhat addictive in its own right, and I spend more money on this hobby than I did on cigs, but it's soooooo much better!

I'm also definitely in agreement with you that being able to breathe again is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread