Stop the presses, new lavatube 3.0 is about to hit with a 4 amp limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Have been communicating with Rick at VaporAlley today in reference to my problems with the "V1.5-t Tube Only (4 Amp Circuit)" I purchased from him and he is on top of it. Apparently he read my posts here and had started checking on it before I wrote him.

He has promised to do whatever it takes to correct this problem, even a full refund including shipping. I am satisfied that Rick was totally oblivious to the situation and was misled by his China supplier.

Errol

Last edited:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Unless we find out verifiable info to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe that Andrew at CCV, Rick at VaporAlley, and the respective owners of vaporbeast and Ivape were all well-intentioned, upstanding vendors in this little tempest in a teapot. I think they were conned and innocently passed on the bogus specs. As for the Chinese distributors, the question is did they know and, if so, when? I doubt that we'll get answers to those last two questions.

I do expect to get full refunds from CCV, vaporbeast, and Ivape, and I'd be shocked if refunds weren't offered.

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I certainly believe that you got better battery life with PWM as the eGo's use that and always have had good long vape times..
I think a lot of why there has been problems with these units has to do with the whole province of Shing Shin.. In the last 10 yrs it went from a tiny town of dirt roads to a place where a factory that employs 500,000 people (yes a half million !) This one factory is not just one company it is a place where LRider, Boge, smok tech could all have their work at (not sure if they do but ?? ) So this once peaceful place of simplicity is now being over turned and pumping out massive products.. I don't know how the people who have lived there from the beginning feel about this but I can't see it being something to be happy about, considering the pollution, noise, and influx of people coming through all the time must be difficult..
Point is that sometimes you have to look at the big picture and try to understand the purpose of how things like malfunctioning LT's or incorrect version #'s can so easily be mistaken.. It's just something to think about that's all...

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Unless we find out verifiable info to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe that Andrew at CCV, Rick at VaporAlley, and the respective owners of VaporBeast and Ivape were all well-intentioned, upstanding vendors in this little tempest in a teapot. I think they were conned and innocently passed on the bogus specs. As for the Chinese distributors, the question is did they know and, if so, when? I doubt that we'll get answers to those last two questions.

I do expect to get full refunds from CCV, VaporBeast, and Ivape, and I'd be shocked if refunds weren't offered.

Uniq's Ad: Max 3 amps

Young June Ad: Max 3.2 amps

4 amps huh?

Didn't know?

Pffff.....well if they didn't know, then I wouldn't be buying anything from a vendor that didn't do their homework first!

And especially when buying from a fly-by-night distributor and NOT the original manufacturer of the LT!

Pretty irresponsible IMO.

Cuz if they'd have done their homework and checked with the manufacturer of the LT, they would've HAD their answer!

"Plz pay more attention to it. Don't be cheated." by Young June Tech....

SikVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Cali
Unless we find out verifiable info to the contrary, I'm inclined to believe that Andrew at CCV, Rick at VaporAlley, and the respective owners of VaporBeast and Ivape were all well-intentioned, upstanding vendors in this little tempest in a teapot. I think they were conned and innocently passed on the bogus specs. As for the Chinese distributors, the question is did they know and, if so, when? I doubt that we'll get answers to those last two questions.

I do expect to get full refunds from CCV, VaporBeast, and Ivape, and I'd be shocked if refunds weren't offered.

So the ones from Vaporbeast and Ivape are not good? I know the ones from CCV were defective, but was under the impression the ones from VB and Ivapes were good to buy.

I was going to buy from VB as soon as they got stock, but now I'm not sure because of what you said.

I hope I don't end up regretting getting the steel vtube over the weekend

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
SlkVapor,

Please don't make any choices to buy or not to buy based on my posts. I'm just sharing my thoughts and reporting what I read. But yes, that was the gist of my understanding---information is growing to suggest that the LT V1.5 (from CCV and SmokeForPennys) and V1.5t (Vector Variable Volt from VaporBeast and Varitube X from iVape) may all share the same internals. Only with different bottom end caps and 510 top connectors.

At this point, it's tough to regard what anyone says as "trustworthy advice."

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think the 4 amp Lavatube will be highly successful once the initial productions problems are ironed out and the design becomes solid. There's a definite hole in the market for a good VV tube mod that can use 18650 batteries. I'd rather see IMR designs that help us all get away from Li-ion and more toward high drain LiMN. I'm glad to see that manufacturers are beginning to transition to safer battery chemistry.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
So are the supposed 4amp units from Vapor Alley malfunctioning or just misrepresented or both? I have one coming in the mail...

NONE of them are 4 amps, that's a total fabrication...or an outright lie, whichever you prefer!

Errol already verified the max limit at 2.88 amps.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
They'll eventually get there. The public wants it and the technology is there. Build cost may be an issue. I don't see parts and electronics to be a problem. The Provari is already at 3.5 amps with the V2 and an IMR 18650 can take the heat. The AW 18650 IMR 2000mah batt is rated at up to 10 amps discharge capacity without thermal breakdown. The electronics are the weak point.

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
They'll eventually get there. The public wants it and the technology is there. Build cost may be an issue. I don't see parts and electronics to be a problem. The Provari is already at 3.5 amps with the V2 and an IMR 18650 can take the heat. The AW 18650 IMR 2000mah batt is rated at up to 10 amps discharge capacity without thermal breakdown. The electronics are the weak point.

Well the AW's are about to be murdered by the CGR18650CH!

Co-Op going for them now.

The Panasonic CGR-CH positively DESTROYS an AW IMR....both in voltage consistency and capacity.

Like comparing an LT V1.0 to a Provari, there's NO comparison!

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
So are the supposed 4amp units from Vapor Alley malfunctioning or just misrepresented or both? I have one coming in the mail...

Revisit his site and look for your unit in the mods section. It's now listed as a V2 and 3 amp and an explanation as to what anyone can do that may have bought one thinking it was a 4 amp unit.

I've been working with Rick for two days on this doing some joint testing and I can attest to his integrity and fairness.

Errol

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
NONE of them are 4 amps, that's a total fabrication...or an outright lie, whichever you prefer!

Errol already verified the max limit at 2.88 amps.

Have to admit there were some troubling moments for me and my methods as I started thinking maybe I was testing too close to the limits of the circuitry with a 1.5ohm DC carto. The Probari will send an error from 4.4 to 5v on some low ohm units. But after doing much more testing with cartos from 1.5 to 2.3ohm I felt more confident that I was right.

Personally I have empathy for the Vendors that got taken in by this as many of them are decent people working on a shoestring. Yes you can say they should have payed closer attention but who of us hasn't been taken in by someone we trusted?

Errol

Last edited:

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Have to admit there were some troubling moments for me and my methods as I started thinking maybe I was testing too close to the limits of the circuitry with a 1.5ohm DC carto. The Probari will send an error from 4.4 to 5v on some low ohm units. But after doing much more testing with cartos from 1.5 to 2.3ohm I felt more confident that I was right.

Personally I have empathy for the Vendors that got taken in by this as many of them are decent people working on a shoestring. Yes you can say they should have payed closer attention but who of us hasn't been taken in by someone we trusted?

Errol

I'm not debating or second guessing their intentions, Errol.

Most people mean well.

I'm second guessing their work ethic and desire to make money at the expense of their customers.

Because if they don't care to know more about what they're selling, then they don't care about their customers.

Everyone is in such a hurry to make a buck and buy "the newest thing" and get it out there quicker than the next vendor! But is it a smart choice not taking the extra day or two to make sure that what your selling isn't gonna harm your customer or its what an 'unknown' distributor claims it is?

I'm sorry, but I've definitely got a problem with that....

cjb313

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Las Vegas
I'm not debating or second guessing their intentions, Errol.

Most people mean well.

I'm second guessing their work ethic and desire to make money at the expense of their customers.

Because if they don't care to know more about what they're selling, then they don't care about their customers.

Everyone is in such a hurry to make a buck and buy "the newest thing" and get it out there quicker than the next vendor! But is it a smart choice not taking the extra day or two to make sure that what your selling isn't gonna harm your customer or its what an 'unknown' distributor claims it is?

I'm sorry, but I've definitely got a problem with that....

There is always two sides to every story and in this case, there were 4 different distributors all claiming similar characteristics.. Where did they get their info from ?? I doubt that would just say" hey 4 amps sounds like a good number" I mean why not make it 5 or 6 ?? It seems that somewhere down the line the people selling these units where deceived, or how else does 4 separate companies all come up with the idea of lying about the amp load ?? It doesn't make sense that they would want to put their business reputation on the line.. I don't know both sides of the story but usually I try to find out before I begin to get angry..
Also I can't attest for the panisonic IMR but I can say for certain that 9 out of 10 people are using AW's in their PV's.. I will have to check the Panisonic out but in no way am I going to say anything bad about a company that has such a great an incredible track record...

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
There is always two sides to every story and in this case, there were 4 different distributors all claiming similar characteristics.. Where did they get their info from ?? I doubt that would just say" hey 4 amps sounds like a good number" I mean why not make it 5 or 6 ?? It seems that somewhere down the line the people selling these units where deceived, or how else does 4 separate companies all come up with the idea of lying about the amp load ?? It doesn't make sense that they would want to put their business reputation on the line.. I don't know both sides of the story but usually I try to find out before I begin to get angry.. Also I can't attest for the panisonic IMR but I can say for certain that 9 out of 10 people are using AW's in their PV's.. I will have to check the Panisonic out but in no way am I going to say anything bad about a company that has such a great an incredible track record...

Okay, you'd confused me for a second.

The retailers are not distributors, they're vendors (retail).....there's a significant difference.

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that (probably the same distributor) lied to them, but knowing in advance how manufacturer & distributor AGENTS work, in China, all the more reason to verify what they're telling you is accurate!

All of these vendors should know by NOW how the game works when negotiating with Chinese agents....as they have a tendency to LIE!

Vendors should first be verifying what they're being told by reviewing a prospects ads, second by contacting the owner or regional sales manager and verifying an agent's claims and third, searching the internet for possible "flaws" or reported dangers or recalls from previous releases to other countries....before any purchases are finalized.

And if in doubt, they should be asking for references in other countries! Cuz Chinese manufacturers ALWAYS sell new releases to the UK & others countries FIRST when testing the markets!

If they're not taking those extra steps, then they're not taking responsibility for fraudulent information, cuz it should never have happened in the first place! All of that information was gathered, right here in this very thread....and I'm not even a vendor....but I do my homework!

The US is usually last in line when Chinese distr/manf release their models, no matter what it is....because we're the largest market. It's the smaller markets in other countries that take the brunt of new releases and working prototypes.

Angry?

I'm only get upset when I see lies on top of lies and when good honest people get SCREWED by unethical vendors and/or suppliers, distributors or manufacturers.

Fine if vendors take everything back, but at what cost to the community?

Eventually, all of this irresponsible selling is gonna cause regulation. Forget the worries about nic-juice and start looking at the real problems!

When vendors make false claims and sell a product that isn't what they're claiming it to be!

China isn't the US and they're not required to follow our laws, but vendors here ARE.....and consumer fraud in the area of vaping is becoming rampant, which will eventually draw intense regulation!

And that'll be the end of vaping for all of us....

And I, as well and thousands of other vapers CAN attest for the CGR18650CH!

It's the cell that will put AW's 18650's in the GRAAAVE!

Last edited:

Nago Suka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Washington NC
Revisit his site and look for your unit in the mods section. It's now listed as a V2 and 3 amp and an explanation as to what anyone can do that may have bought one thinking it was a 4 amp unit.

I've been working with Rick for two days on this doing some joint testing and I can attest to his integrity and fairness.

Errol

Excellent work Errol!!:toast:

As to my other issue, I've been reading about the 6-click overheating issue. Does anyone know if this is the same unit?

Photoplay

Sep 12, 2011
Canada
.....and the respective owners of VaporBeast and Ivape were all well-intentioned, upstanding vendors in this little tempest in a teapot. I think they were conned and innocently passed on the bogus specs.......
What do you think of a vendor (Ivape) who is aware of the problem and keeps selling the product but now puts a warning at the bottom of the product page ......"note: when using the 5 click method to turn the unit on/off - the unit will not turn completely off and is still able to fire in low voltage output mode in the off position if the button is being pressed. Please use caution during storage." NEW Varitube X - Black - Full Kit | MODS | iVAPE I think they are doing their customers and themselves a disservice and potentially leaving themselves open for some sort of litigation should any serious personal injury or property damage occur. They can no longer claim ignorance and by placing a disclaimer, have admitted they are aware of the problem. Is it still well intentioned or now the domain of disregard? No disrespect meant towards the fine member billherbst and his comments. Just meant to play off it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread