Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Used to go to the Renaissance Fair in Sarasota.

I've been trying to get to that. They are having one in Fort Myers now but it's been a wash out this weekend. It's on next weekend too so maybe if things calm down we'll get a chance to go.

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
Did he get all Medieval on his friend?
medieval.jpg

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Morning all! Well I think I've moved to Tornado Alley!! Last Saturday we had a Tornado, Friday night more severe storms and a Tornado, now last night 3 Tornado's hit Sarasota and Duette! Unfortunately 2 people have died and several injured in this one. Squawk box started going off @1am and then again every 20 minutes or so till about 6am. Needless to say not much sleep last night if any at all. Winds here now are whipping around 25-30 MPH. Geez I thought I moved to the Sunshine State!!
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in tornado alley too. The bottom of it. I have a storm shelter outside that I run into when we get warnings. The only bad thing about it, is it gets bugs in it all the time so I'm constantly setting off bug bombs and then cleaning the thing out. Nothing worse that being locked in underground with bugs crawling all over the place.
How long have you been in Florida? You have to watch for hurricanes too.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm in tornado alley too. The bottom of it. I have a storm shelter outside that I run into when we get warnings. The only bad thing about it, is it gets bugs in it all the time so I'm constantly setting off bug bombs and then cleaning the thing out. Nothing worse that being locked in underground with bugs crawling all over the place.
How long have you been in Florida? You have to watch for hurricanes too.

We've been here 5 years. I'm all prepared for the Hurricanes but never experienced a Tornado before. Worst part is that they've been coming at night so between the darkness and the heavy wind and rain you have no idea until it's too late!

@LJFinFLA - so glad you're o.k. At least here, I have a basement when that "wicked" time of year encroaches....

Thanks Dinger!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
We've been here 5 years. I'm all prepared for the Hurricanes but never experienced a Tornado before. Worst part is that they've been coming at night so between the darkness and the heavy wind and rain you have no idea until it's too late!

Thanks Dinger!
Glad your okay bro!

I think about 2 years ago a Tornado came through here, didn't do anything to us but a mile down the road it took out some houses!
Got lucky on that one!

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I was perusing FT when I came upon a couple of wire offerings that made me curious.

Does anyone know why Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (100-Pack) are made so differently than Authentic Kanthal Pre-Made Wire-and-Wick for RBA (50-Pack)? The second one is NR-R-NR. I assume the first one is too. Otherwise, why have different wire leads? But, if so, why such a different method? And, if not, then why are they made this way, and what are they for?

Also, what is ATR Kanthal A1 Coiled Heating Wire for? Of course, it's for making coils. But, a little more detail would be nice. Is it anything that I might ever want to use? It does look interesting.
I believe some people use NR-R-NR wire to rebuild Pre-Built Blister Pack coils. I think its so the length of the legs wont change the "Coils" resistance, and helping to not cause Shorts, also something about not burning the rubber grommets. I'm sure people use them in RDA's as-well. Sorry, I'm not an expert on rebuilding Pre-Built coils, or that this is even closely correct, I just remember watching videos/reading of people doing such with NR-R-NR wires. I personally don't see a reason to have them myself.
Idk, Hopefully someone can correct me! :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Well, it's winter... in FL, you have tornadoes; up north, they have blizzards. :D So far, ATL hasn't had much winter, but that's not unusual; we get our worst winter weather from mid-Jan to mid-March. The past week has been pretty cold, but not excessively. I'm dreading to see what crap winter has in store for us in the next couple months. The best winters here are when we get no white precip of any kind, because even though it's rarely very much, the freezing afterward coupled with the total lack of plows and salt trucks makes any white precip around here a total nightmare.

Andria

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Worst part is that they've been coming at night so between the darkness and the heavy wind and rain you have no idea until it's too late!
Yea, those nightly rain-wrapped nadoes are the worst. I have a friend that lives west of me that will call and wake me up when it's shelter time. 99% of the time, they come from that direction.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Well, it's winter... in FL, you have tornadoes; up north, they have blizzards. :D So far, ATL hasn't had much winter, but that's not unusual; we get our worst winter weather from mid-Jan to mid-March. The past week has been pretty cold, but not excessively. I'm dreading to see what crap winter has in store for us in the next couple months. The best winters here are when we get no white precip of any kind, because even though it's rarely very much, the freezing afterward coupled with the total lack of plows and salt trucks makes any white precip around here a total nightmare.

Andria
Yea you get the best of both worlds where you're at. Tornadoes AND winter crap.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Yea you get the best of both worlds where you're at. Tornadoes AND winter crap.

And sometimes floods -- we're sorta caught between the Gulf and the Atlantic, and if there are storms in both directions... start building an Ark! When that hurricane Joaquin was flooding SC and points north, I was just praying we wouldn't get caught in one of those rain pincers. We got that in 2009... after 10 yrs of drought... record levels of rain! Six Flags was 5 ft underwater! At least it refilled Lake Lanier!

Andria

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I believe some people use NR-R-NR wire to rebuild Pre-Built Blister Pack Coils. I think its so the length of the legs wont change the "Coils" resistance, and helping to not cause Shorts, also something about not burning the rubber grommets. I'm sure people use them in RDA's as-well. Sorry, I'm not an expert on rebuilding Pre-Built coils, or that this is even closely correct, I just remember watching videos/reading of people doing such with NR-R-NR wires. I personally don't see a reason to have them myself.
Idk, Hopefully someone can correct me! :)
But, why the red leads and crimped connectors on Pre-made Wires and Wicks for Atomizer (100-Pack) instead of the usual looking NR-R-NR wiring?
The ATR is Clapronized wire. 26 GA core with 32 GA wrapped around it.
Good for Tootle Puffing.
I was kidding on the Tootle puffing on clapton. It will be a sub ohm coil and require at least 20 watts or better to work.
Now that I've let that sink in, I'm curious again. What kind of resistance does this Claptonized wire have? Is it closer to 30 GA wire, 24 GA wire, or what?

Also, is it a sub ohm coil because of its resistance or because of how much it takes to heat up so much wire or . . . . .?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread