◄ Honest Questions About PureSmokers Future ►

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
Actually, 801s do not produce the best flavor. 901's are typically considered to be the "flavor king" but at the sacrifice of some throat hit.

With the 510 you get loads of flavor, and loads of throat hit. If you vape on it steadily, the atty does run hot and I can see where some get the burned flavor from... you just have to let it cool a bit, and also not take 10 second hits when you do use it.

The 801 allows the vapor to cool too much before you get it into your mouth, produces lower throat hit (almost none in some cases), and doesn't carry the flavor through as well as a 510 does.

Of course opinions vary, but what I'm repeating is taken mainly from the many posts I have read on the comparisons... so it seems to be fairly accurate across the scores of people who have chimed in over time. My 510 vs 801 analysis however is based on my personal experiences... yours may differ :)

i've read it also depends on the voltage being used. cash for example, and a couple other users as well, prefer 801 at 5-6v while 3.7 is better suited for the 510 and 901.

Dr. Russell Fell

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2008
Florida
I agree, and I apologize for overlooking that important fact! Voltage does indeed make a difference.

My 801 experience has been personally limited to 3.7 since all of the higher voltage options have thankfully had a 510 option out of the gate... so I didn't need to go the 801 route on those.

i definitely see advantages of only having to stock one kind of atomizer. i'm just worried about getting the 510 at 5vs and being let down by the overkill due to voltage. then again, a user can always start at 510 for both voltages and then get an 801 adapter if they see fit to accommodate the higher voltage...

hope this isn't getting off topic.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
I agree, and I apologize for overlooking that important fact! Voltage does indeed make a difference.

My 801 experience has been personally limited to 3.7 since all of the higher voltage options have thankfully had a 510 option out of the gate... so I didn't need to go the 801 route on those.

My 5V 801 prodigy kicks my throat like a mule. Problem is I get very little flavor. My PS PT with 901 kicks good (not as harsh as the 801) and gives loads of flavor. I sold my 510 stuff. Was never a big fan of it. 6 atomizers and none of them lasted more than 1-2 weeks before they degraded to the point I just chucked them. Yesterday I had a 901 die that was in steady non stop service for 2 months and never once cleaned. Hit good hit good poof nothing.

mbolack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2009
Tulsa
Cash, my friend, you have been working too hard, albeit for our benefit. Go back to the board and read reviews of all of the other PTs! Nobody but you makes a dependable one, and there are many stories of the other ones quitting after less than a month. Over and over again, in fact!
To me, having to pay a bit more than double the price of a cheapo for a PT of the quality you make is not unreasonable! It is, in fact, a gift from the vaping gods!
So my advice is ... relax and build them. Make the cord a bit shorter and more flexible if you can, and build them! We'll come, and we'll recommend them, because they're the best.

Bullken

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Cash,
The new price for the PT would be worth it since it is the best one on the market and will be improved in your next version.
Perhaps as an offset to the new price you could offer a 6 month warranty rather than the 3 month warranty that PT's currently have. That way, both veteran users and newbs can have the confidence that even if they have to put a bit more money up front, they have 6 months of coverage.

Why not offer extended warranties as an optional purchase? Like an extra 30 bucks for 6 more months on the Prodigy and Protege? Maybe that could help out with your cost issue. I for one would buy an extended warranty because it would be worth the money and I know that you take care of your customers.

Good luck Steve!
Ken

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
I'd already decided that if a friend of mine wanted to start in with PV's I'd point them right to the 510 Protege. And the cost increase would not change this decision. I want their first PV experience to be the best available, and your products certainly exceed that expectation. Was thinking about ordering one of the passthrus, but decided to wait for the stainless model. The price increase does nothing to change my plans.

You may loose some sales to the un-educated, so I agree that getting testimonials and on site reviews would be a good investment in time. All of us here on the forum know that your company makes fantastic products, and you stand behind them, and would be happy to endorse them to others.

Plus you've got Casey handling your customer service.

We all want you to stay in business, and to do that you have to be able to make a profit. Do what you need to do.

Last edited:

kardjunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Chillicothe, Ohio
Quality is king, it's what made America great. Excellent customer service equals loyal customers. Think, check around, plan ahead and I think you'll still have a lot of customers. Really, whats the problem? Prodigy just became cheaper yes things went up but a CHEAP 510 passthru that lasts 2 weeks if you are REALLY lucky cost $20 and I bought my USBpass for 40, are you kidding me? I thought I stole from you! I will buy a stainless version for your quote if the button is nicer. Definitely buying a stainless prodigy. BTW, I love stainless steel.

bikergirl1908

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
Georgia
Hey Cash,

I am brand new to the Puresmoker family. My first purchase was on Sept. 5, 2009 when I ordered my 510 Protege full kit and some Riskee Yuice. Three days later I ordered an 810 PT. After the agonizing wait for them (both arrived Saturday), I can honestly say that I know I made a sound investment. Would I have liked to have paid more for them....H*LL NO! Would I have paid more for them if I had to...HE*LL YES! I have 5 other big batt mods and didn't really need the the Protege or the PT, but I wanted a PS device because of all the rave reviews you and Casey have gotten on this forum, not just for your product, but also for your customer service. I got to experience the customer service first hand during my wait and Casey answered all of my pms and questions with an internet smile. That is what a customer wants...service with a smile and a feeling that you matter to them.

I love the Protege w/both the 510 and the 801. It is a sleek and classy looking device and is worth more than I paid for it. I also love the PT w/both the 510 and the 801 and it is worth more than I paid for it. The regular PTs I already have can't hold a candle to the PS PT monster. This is my first 5v experience and it is awesome and I want it again...just portable....so I will be purchasing the new and improved stainless Prodigy when it comes out.

The costs to produce quality products sometimes necessitates a price increase. That is just the nature of the beast. With the economy the way it is and the scare of an impending ban, I think it's only a matter of time before all PV prices go up. Cash, do what you have to do while continuing to provide a great product and excellent customer service and your fans/customers will continue to be by your side. :D

Thanks for keeping us informed and let me know when I need to start saving for my new stainless Prodigy. :rolleyes:

Also, I think a little longer warranty on the products would probably get newer vapers on board with the price increase.

FRESH

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
The Protege price hike is a bit tough, but I'd go for it since I now know what a terrific unit it is. However you will lose some potential buyers because it pushes a 3.7V device out of their price range.

As for the PT, I'm not a huge fan of it and I probably wouldn't spend that for it. The cord is cumbersome, the switch can be hinky and I don't think the flavor it delivers is that great. I actually use my cheap-O china USB cable more because it works with my Kensington without tripping it all of the time. The only real positive thing about the Puresmoker PT to me is that it will probably outlive ME, LOL!

But that is kinda the point I am getting at. Everyone has differnt likes and dislikes. People are going to be less likely to take a chance on a product that is more expensive. If you love the product, the higher price is well worth it (like the Protege would be for me). But I will say that having experienced the quality and professionalism that Puresmoker provides, I personally will continue to buy from you guys. I think you will lose a bit of volume from the increases, but the majority of your customer base will walk in lockstep with you. Just keep doing what you do.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: insulting post

MicciMan

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
North Carolina
We shop at a very nice grocery store with top-notch fresh produce and meats, not WalMart. They also offer fantastic service and a superb shopping experience.

We buy clothes and shoes that, while not fashionable :), are built to last; we don't get them from WalMart.

This country is becoming the WalMart Nation, by necessity and by choice. There are plenty of vapers who will go the WalMartesque route. I am one of the hundreds/thousands who prefers a quality product and excellent service and will pay a premium for it. You fill this niche. It's up to you to decide if you want to be yet another distributor of dubious quality Chinese products, or a manufacturer / supplier of top quality US products.

(I won't try to make a moral argument, but I will say: PS can be an example that this nascent industry can self-regulate and provide a safe product, a la Johnson Creek.)

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
Aww...don't be mad, just go reread it and realize the humor value and laugh like I did :) Okay fine, I giggled a bit, but I'm a girl and I can do that!

Would I pay more for the Prodigy I got, should the price have been more? HELL YES. No, I won't be buying a Protege -- but that is ONLY because I'm a 5v fan, and it's 3.7. Would I buy a PT? If I didn't have my Prodigy, yeah I would. I used mainly passthroughs prior to my Prodigy purchase, and they were worth about what I paid -- they were crap. A good quality passthrough would have been fantastic. Yeah, I've decided to stick with my Prodigy, because it's amazing and cordless -- but all the reviews on the PT convince me if I had to be corded, yours would be it.

I have to admit I didn't know the price of the Protege until I read this thread, because I decided not to buy it when I read it was 3.7v only. Prior to that, I was considering it STRONGLY, and planned on spending approximately the same I paid for my Prodigy... now I see it was cheaper, but price didn't affect my decision. Nor would it, if I liked the lower voltage -- it would be worth it. Isn't the manufacturing about the same anyway? A tad less material in the tube, but not a great deal less I'm sure...same/same otherwise...

In any case, I'm still saving up for 2 more Prodigy's...a stainless for me, and my old will be my backup! (NO WAY I can sell my Precious!) and one for my son. If the price on the Prodigy goes up? I just save a bit longer...this one item is what makes vaping easy. It's saved ME I'm sure, and my boyfriend would KISS you for it if you didn't mind (LOL) and you're going to save my son too, and you can't even begin to know just how grateful I will be for that - the guilt of causing him to start smoking(kids mimic their parents...) has been killing me. (He's already used mine often,(different tips, we're not yucky lol) and says he wouldn't smoke if he had a Prodigy. He uses my old pt currently, along with analogs because he's afraid to break the cord if he takes it out in public.)

Do you ever think of it that way? Every Prodigy/Protege/PT that goes out your door, that's one person you saved....

Please keep making your product line :)

~Yira

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I won't bash you for yours.

The guy comes in and makes a spiteful post in Steve's "house" and I responded.

They asked for an opinion, not for someone to come in and bash them. His post was spiteful. Had he made a thoughtful post and expressed his opinion that the current products were too expensive, perhaps it would have been better received. Instead of giving them constructive feedback and rationalizing why he thinks they are overpriced, he chose instead to leave a nasty & snide remark.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
It's ironic you're using a picture of Uncle Sam(a quintessential American icon) to denegrate another person & his/her opinion and telling him to shut up at the same time. That, to me, sounds very un-American.

He called me a ".........".

That is a very filthy word and very denigrating in my dictionary.

I gave my opinion as I see it.
He does not have to dictate me how I gave my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread