Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
My husband also makes the bottom feeders, sold his first one tonight!
Right now he's working on a wooden one with inlay for me.
I don't have a link, because I haven't set up his website yet (since he's just getting off the ground)

Can you post a description of the unit?
Such as the box material, bottle capacity, battery size, and price point?

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
"tanks" for the links. Looks like folks are at work on the form factor--and a bit of real high high tech: Re:"Piezo-Electric Micro Pump fluid delivery system" at JC ModTronics when i first showed my PV to a friend who works in medical devices he described a unit they were making in Fremont for a medical vaporizer--he said they had completed the project but couldn't get FDA approval due to concerns about "abuse" potential...love to get a serious mole in to see that one...

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
"tanks" for the links. Looks like folks are at work on the form factor--and a bit of real high high tech: Re:"Piezo-Electric Micro Pump fluid delivery system" at JC ModTronics when i first showed my PV to a friend who works in medical devices he described a unit they were making in Fremont for a medical vaporizer--he said they had completed the project but couldn't get FDA approval due to concerns about "abuse" potential...love to get a serious mole in to see that one...

I have a couple of relatives who work for companies that make medical devices too.
I'm sure they could make some really nice devices, if they wanted to do so.
We are still in the beginning stages of what vaping is going to become.
I'm thinking they will be sold like Bic lighters.
If you want a fancy vaporizer, you could buy a Zippo or Colibri PV...

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I have a couple of relatives who work for companies that make medical devices too.
I'm sure they could make some really nice devices, if they wanted to do so.
We are still in the beginning stages of what vaping is going to become.
I'm thinking they will be sold like Bic lighters.
If you want a fancy vaporizer, you could buy a Zippo or Colibri PV...

I think you're right that that someday -- and that someday won't be long... these things will be mass-produced and sold like Bics and Zippos. Overall, that's going to be good for the whole concept of vaping. Anyone will be able to walk into any store and buy a high-quality mod for a relatively few bucks.

Still, something will be lost... the idea of some guy sitting down in his workshop and saying, "I think I've got a better idea," and working it out. Of course, those of us who bought these mods now will own genuine collectibles. Something like when rare pipes come up for sale... Not long ago, I checked out the site of a place that sells fine used pipes (they call them "estate pipes")... the prices of some of those make the prices of today's best e-cig mods seem like pocket change.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I kinda like the idea that someday my fancy wooden mods could be in a museum.
How cool!
It would be even better if one of the builders turns into a da Vinci and they are worth a lot of money!

You know, I can almost see that happening. "Sotheby's announced today that a 2011 (Woodvil | Ali'l | Phidias | Monkeyboxx,) widely considered the Stradivarius of electronic cigarettes, will be auctioned in New York City..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread